• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jonathan Takes Enemy

wbtfg said:
cclarkblues said:
This is a Sports Illustrated article written about Johnathan Takes Enemy and the culture of the Crow nation. It also talks a little about Larry Pretty Weasel and Elvis Old Bull. It is somewhat lengthy so I am not pasting the whole article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1118885/1/index.htm

This is article is 20 years old.

I know that. Do you have something more recent? The problems remain the same.

Sad article. I also knew Darrell Hill. The Crow tribe has many people with talent, but it is difficult to get the tribal leaders to attempt to improve conditions for the people, thus the majority can't escape poverty.

Spanky said:
Sad article. I also knew Darrell Hill. The Crow tribe has many people with talent, but it is difficult to get the tribal leaders to attempt to improve conditions for the people, thus the majority can't escape poverty.

They also don't look at leaving the res as a positive.. they look at it as deserting your people. Last year, right after Rocky Boy beat Shelby for the second time at state, Eric Schildt was talking and said this was the most important night of their life...how true for them, yet how sad

Back