• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Softball-Lexi Brennies?

alabamagrizzly

So Lexi Brennies will not return for her Jr and Sr years of softball? She is no longer on the roster and the only mention of it in any GoGriz article is a brief snip it of no returning catcher in the "hosting Washington" article. She was BSC Fr of the Year and BSC 1st team catcher her So season so she's kind of a big loss. Madison Saacke made huge improvements at the plate last year playing mostly as the DP (basically an extra hitter) but has played some catcher. Dani Walker is the other catcher with experience but she needs a lot of work to come close to replacing Brennies. Msla Big Sky product Morgan Johnson could step into the role also as a highly decorated in state recruit also.

I understand that these losses are more prevalent in women's sports but an explanation would be appreciated. Does anyone have any info on if she's really not returning and why?

Well that answers that.
http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/power-hitting-brenneis-leaves-um-softball-team/article_6a54d96f-c044-543d-927f-2677751906b7.html?utm_content=bufferdefe5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=LEEDCC

I read that earlier today. Surprised to see that she's no longer with the team and deciding to stay in her native Canada for her last two years. Wish her all the best in the future.

I have no idea the circumstances, but I respect coach Pinkerton's comments and assuming he will allow (it wasn't verified in the article) her to transfer to UBC. If someone isn't comfortable here (or anywhere) and wants a change, the coach needs to allow that. You don't want anyone who would rather be somewhere else. Big loss for UM, and best of luck to her elsewhere.

Deffenetly wish Lexie the best and I can understand wanting to stay home. If she would have transferred to Weber State, that'll have been something else. I think Pinkerton isn't worried bcus he knows what Morgan Johnson brings to the table. She may not have quite the impact that Stites had but she is a 2 time 1st team state catcher and hits for power and average. It also helps that we have less graduating starters after the '18 season. After Lexie leaving, we still have at least 4 and possibly 5 of the 8 position players that are starters leaving after that year.

Tough loss but we are in good hands. Good bunch of young girls on our team. Good coach. Hated to see her leave and good luck to Lexi.

Back