• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

We just lost Pinkerton to Iowa St

Damn. I saw that and got sad. He was a great coach. I hope the recruits we have coming in still stick. This is an attractive program with their record from last year and the new facilities. Let's get another star coach!

BDizzle said:
reinell30 said:
He came from Iowa State. Wonder why he is going back?

Sounds like for the opportunity/pay but also to be closer to family.

My sons sister in-law coached with him there. She was offered a job at UM also but turned it down. she is in Reno coaching now. Maybe she may get another offer?

Well, crap.

You just knew this was going to happen much sooner rather than later. And certainly this was a no-brainer of a decision for Coach Pinks. But damn.

Thanks for all you've done to build this program (literally) from the ground to conference champs, Coach. Continued success in Ames.

And in Kent in we trust! Go get us another great hire.

marooncoloredglasses said:
Hopefully none of this recruiting class goes with him. Their credentials are unbelievable.

Have we heard word yet who's in this years class? The early signing periods not normally announced tell nov.

My son's sister in-law is rejoining Pinkerton at Iowa State as his pitching coach again.

reinell30 said:
My son's sister in-law is rejoining Pinkerton at Iowa State as his pitching coach again.

Wonder if this is a sign that Melanie is staying behind to take over the head coaching job.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Stites to follow Pinkerton to ISU.

Looks like they already took her off the roster on GoGriz. The four incoming freshman are all listed on the roster so that is good.

Heard today that Stites parents are Iowa State alums and Pinkerton discouraged her from coming stating he did not have a scholarship. However, she wants biology/vet school and ISU has one of the best in the country. So although it looks bad I do not think it was a I'm taking her with me sort of thing. Plus, if that were the case.....wouldn't you take Michaela Hood?

This is a bummer. Although she did have a down year last year, we know what she's capable of. Now we Weill need at least two of those Fr bats to step up though. I'd guess McAlister at 3rd and Knauss or Wardlow in rt.

logchain20 said:
Heard today that Stites parents are Iowa State alums and Pinkerton discouraged her from coming stating he did not have a scholarship. However, she wants biology/vet school and ISU has one of the best in the country. So although it looks bad I do not think it was a I'm taking her with me sort of thing. Plus, if that were the case.....wouldn't you take Michaela Hood?

So does she have to sit out a year because of the transfer?

84GRIZ said:
logchain20 said:

So does she have to sit out a year because of the transfer?

If she gets to play right away, she should start at SS. Last years starter was a Fr sho batted .174 and committed 31 errors in 58 games.

I know no one probably cares, but I'm going with "once a Griz always a Griz" motto. While looking for Griz recruits that have committed or might be coming I saw on the web where Coach Pinks first class at Iowa State is ranked #34 in the nation. This is on FloSoftball. Wishing him success, but dang, wish him and Meuchel were still together.

logchain20 said:
I know no one probably cares, but I'm going with "once a Griz always a Griz" motto. While looking for Griz recruits that have committed or might be coming I saw on the web where Coach Pinks first class at Iowa State is ranked #34 in the nation. This is on FloSoftball. Wishing him success, but dang, wish him and Meuchel were still together.
Agree 100%. Is Stites including in that class? They got a couple other transfers that are expected to contribute right away also. They had a good fall season but I believe Stites only had one homer but she was hitting clean up.

Back