• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tinkle Humbling Opponents like Obama Did...

citygriz

...John McCain, Sarah Palin, Osama bin Laden, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, Vladimir Putin.

now that i've got your attention, i can tell you i watched the eastern washington-cal game tonight and came away with several observations about eastern:
--they have two great players, tyler harvey abnd venky jois. harvey is an nba talent, jois a pac-12 caliber player. both had the cal announcers raving about their games.
--not much else.
--like us, poor interior defense.
--like us, they missed a lot of free throws and bunnies, or it could have been a much closer game. in the end, we gave cal a better game than they did. unfortunately, the announcers for our game were different from these, so they couldn't draw the comparison.
--eastern has a serb, a ukraninan, a german and three aussies, so they are really recruiting globally. i like their coach.
--the announcers mentioned tinkle and the success he's having at oregon state, and also put in a plug for montana and decuire--but seemed most astounded that former pac-12 head coach ken bone was now an assistant for us.
--good for eastern. they're representing the conference well. if only we'd pulled off the upsets at boise and cal, or weber could come up with a stunner.

Well, Citay, I watched most of it and I watched the Griz-
cal game and feel UM has the upper hand. Eastern has the two shooters and little else. I thought it was interesting that at the half, they each had double digit point totals but Eastern did not have one assist, and did not commit a turnover until about 3 minutes before the half...At that time their 7 pt lead began to fade quickly as they had no defense even though they scrambled non stop. I don't know if Cal is good or not, but the Griz can start 5 guys who can score from anywhere. Eastern, I am not sure....the Australian Persian kid was very good, that is for sure. Breunig might be a good counter....Weber isn't impressing anyone, alas.

Back