• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

It's Cat Week!

I dont know which is worse. its gotten to the point where its not even a fair competition FFS or the fact that kitty fans wont come around to talk smack any more.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
I dont know which is worse. its gotten to the point where its not even a fair competition FFS or the fact that kitty fans wont come around to talk smack any more.

I'm your huckleberry...

Griz have NO CHANCE in this game...You really think that your talent and depth and speed and athleticism will overcome a rabid crowd of over 1000 fans? I think Mel brooks put it best in the movie Miracle.

SACCAT66 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I'm your huckleberry...

Griz have NO CHANCE in this game...You really think that your talent and depth and speed and athleticism will overcome a rabid crowd of over 1000 fans? I think Mel brooks put it best in the movie Miracle.

1,000????

wait, what?

1,000??
you cant even find 10 that give a crap about the kitties bball sad sack state of affairs :lol:

Rivalry game on the road against a team that has to feel a bit better about themselves than the last time we played them. Griz better show up with the same fire they did at EWU.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
SACCAT66 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I'm your huckleberry...

1,000????

wait, what?

1,000??
you cant even find 10 that give a crap about the kitties bball sad sack state of affairs :lol:

You are trying to tell me there will only be 10 bobcat fans at the game? Is that what you are saying? I have a good feeling you are wrong SIR.

SACCAT66 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
SACCAT66 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

I'm your huckleberry...

1,000????

wait, what?

1,000??

You are trying to tell me there will only be 10 bobcat fans at the game? Is that what you are saying? I have a good feeling you are wrong SIR.

tumblr_inline_n6gczkEQoA1ryfaxj.jpg

;)

get'em_griz said:
SACCAT66 said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
SACCAT66 said:
I'm your huckleberry...

1,000????

wait, what?

1,000??

tumblr_inline_n6gczkEQoA1ryfaxj.jpg

;)

Those are cardboard cut-outs that are dressed to look like people.

The GRIZ absolutely have to win to even have a chance at hosting. With that said, I don't see SAC state losing both games this weekend. They are too experienced to get swept this weekend, in my opinion.

As for the GRIZ/Cat game, the cats have been playing better the last month. I won't be surprised if the Cats stay in the game. I am guessing a 6 to 8 point W for the GRIZ. I know many of you are expecting a 15 point plus blow out for the GRIZ.

One of my all-time favorite Bozeman memories was the night that a MSU student threw the full can of Squirt onto the brick breeden court and it narrowly missed hitting Wayne Tinkle's shoes as he was at the free throw line preparing to shoot a charity shot. :shock: The refs called a technical foul and it gave the Griz an extra point in a tightly contested game. With < 20 seconds left Wayne Tinkle stole an inbounds pass and layed it in for two points and I think UM won by 1 point. The bobcats snatched a defeat out of the jaws of victory. :clap:

I haven't been in the Brick for many years. It was sometime in the mid-1990s that UM's Campus Rec was going to make its new addition, and MSU got authority to revamp their Field House. Keith Glaes and George Dennison agreed that UM should hire a professional consulting firm to assist with the Campus Rec project. For some reason, the $90,000 price tag brought howls of derision from MSU, and their campus rec people in particular.

MSU, you know, had architects and engineers and stuff. Poor UM. What a waste of $90,000, they taunted. Well, I served on the committee that put it together, and never worked with a better set of experts. They had done so many of these kinds of projects, they answered questions before we knew enough to ask. And the resulting facility was just fabulous. Turned it from the "don't take tours to the campus rec facility" to being the first stop on those tours. It was probably the best spent $90,000 in UM history.

Meanwhile, MSU's Field House renovation turned into a Cat-astrophe, as they shamefacedly had to go back to the Regents for another $1.5 million after massively overshooting their budget. Their excuse? The Brick had "a lot of old wiring." It was built in 1956 and apparently all the high-powered architects and engineers located on that campus hadn't made the connection between when it was built and "old wiring." Seriously, Wombat Brainpower "didn't expect old wiring in an old building." Perhaps they should have spent $90,000 to hire some real experts.

Anyway, I always remember that incident as representing something about the "attitude" on that campus that has grown to annoy me (even as a former student there) over the years.

As a side note, during one of our committee meetings one the consultants said that he had received several negative comments from student surveys about the "horrible" colors, those "awful 70's colors" in the old recreation facility. He asked Keith why the gym had been painted in such odd colors. Keith's response, "uh ... those are the school colors."

Those were the old Texas Orange retro colors.

My favorite Bozeman field house memory - 2002 BSC Tourney- Semi-final - Dan Trammel flies in on a missed Griz shot for a one-handed slam dunk to stun the host bobcats and advance to beat ewu in the title game. The silence of the blue and yellow clad cat fans was deafening! It was the Griz BB version of the 1997 FB game at the litter box. Priceless!

You nailed it Gallatin Griz. Besides the drama of the moment, was the fact the victory seemed totally inexplicable as the cats had beaten the Griz by 20 in Missoula less than a week before. Nothing must be worst than winning the opportunity to host and not even making the finals.

Gallatin Griz said:
My favorite Bozeman field house memory - 2002 BSC Tourney- Semi-final - Dan Trammel flies in on a missed Griz shot for a one-handed slam dunk to stun the host bobcats and advance to beat ewu in the title game. The silence of the blue and yellow clad cat fans was deafening! It was the Griz BB version of the 1997 FB game at the litter box. Priceless!
That is my all time favorite Brick memory too! I was so focused on the shot and the rim it was like he came out of nowhere. If memory serves Trammel was MVP of the tourney that year. :thumb:

I was trying to remember when I actually was last in the Brick. It was Griz/Cat. Craig Finberg was their guard that seemingly could make any shot he attempted and made them all look easy.

Back