• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good Jamar Article in Kaimin

PlayerRep

http://www.montanakaimin.com/sports/article_662c576c-e853-11e4-8ed0-5384bb08771b.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this griz fan from afar has vivid memories of so many montana basketball greats, from micheal ray to kyrstkowiak to will cherry and jordan gregory. i saw a game in portland a few years ago and have sharp memories of will cherry taking a full-court pass with seconds to go before halftime and streaking in to make a layup just ahead of the buzzer, or of jordan gregory scatching and clawing on defense. but jamar would have been on the floor that night too and i have no memory whatever of him. for a player so good, it's almost as if he were invisible--which is what he seems to be now. sad to me, because he kept his commitment to us after an outstanding performance in the state high school championship game caused several pac ten teams to come in on him. but he kept his word--a foundation of integrity.

citay said:
this griz fan from afar has vivid memories of so many montana basketball greats, from micheal ray to kyrstkowiak to will cherry and jordan gregory. i saw a game in portland a few years ago and have sharp memories of will cherry taking a full-court pass with seconds to go before halftime and streaking in to make a layup just ahead of the buzzer, or of jordan gregory scatching and clawing on defense. but jamar would have been on the floor that night too and i have no memory whatever of him. for a player so good, it's almost as if he were invisible--which is what he seems to be now. sad to me, because he kept his commitment to us after an outstanding performance in the state high school championship game caused several pac ten teams to come in on him. but he kept his word--a foundation of integrity.

Did you read that, Ron?

AllWeatherFan said:
citay said:

Did you read that, Ron?

i've had a belated vision, of jamar raining down three's on weber in a big sky championship game. i believe now he did indeed play for the griz.

In that PSU game Jamar only played 4 minutes in the 2nd half due to foul trouble. That may be why you don't remember him doing much in the game.

Looks like in the first half he had 7 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 steals. The assist came on that last second layup Cherry had.

Back