• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Our Next NBA Player?

citygriz

The draft reminds me how important it is to have a player in the NBA, not only for the publicity value (player profiles, introductions, et.al.) but also to validate your program. In this regard, Weber State has really stepped out, since Lillard is such a star and I believe Bolomboy is the steal of the entire draft.

Who's next for us?

citay said:
The draft reminds me how important it is to have a player in the NBA, not only for the publicity value (player profiles, introductions, et.al.) but also to validate your program. In this regard, Weber State has really stepped out, since Lillard is such a star and I believe Bolomboy is the steal of the entire draft.

Who's next for us?

Ahmaad Rorie

kyle_sample said:
citay said:

Who's next for us?

Ahmaad Rorie

Cosign

Sample is plagiarizing himself:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/um-s-rorie-well-acquainted-with-nba-s-young-stars/article_b2245b46-acdc-5d46-9098-695bdb3ac1ff.html

PeauxRouge said:
Pumped for Bolomboy. Hope he does well in the NBA.

Generally, guys who are good rebounders in college develop into good rebounders in the NBA.With Bolomboy's size and vertical leaping ability, I think he'll have a long career in the NBA.

My Griz pick for NBA: Sayeed Pridgett.

citay said:
PeauxRouge said:
Pumped for Bolomboy. Hope he does well in the NBA.

Generally, guys who are good rebounders in college develop into good rebounders in the NBA.With Bolomboy's size and vertical leaping ability, I think he'll have a long career in the NBA.

My Griz pick for NBA: Sayeed Pridgett.

Agreed. I think if he can become a perimeter threat, and with his athleticism, he can go a long way.

In reading the article on bigskyconf.com about Bolomboy being drafted, I was kind of surprised that it said he was the 17th player from Weber State to be drafted.

Montana has only had 4 players even make the NBA officially (Michael Ray Richardson - drafted #4 by the New York Knicks in 1978, John Stroeder - drafted #168 by the Portland Trail Blazers in 1980, Larry Krystkowiak - drafted #28 by the Chicago Bulls in 1986, and Will Cherry - undrafted to the Toronto Raptors in 2014).

I was kind of surprised I didn't even hear about any tryouts or offers from the D-League for Breunig like Qvale got with Charlotte. I thought his athleticism and touch for his size would get him attention from the NBA.

DoubleNicks said:
In reading the article on bigskyconf.com about Bolomboy being drafted, I was kind of surprised that it said he was the 17th player from Weber State to be drafted.

Montana has only had 4 players even make the NBA officially (Michael Ray Richardson - drafted #4 by the New York Knicks in 1978, John Stroeder - drafted #168 by the Portland Trail Blazers in 1980, Larry Krystkowiak - drafted #28 by the Chicago Bulls in 1986, and Will Cherry - undrafted to the Toronto Raptors in 2014).

I was kind of surprised I didn't even hear about any tryouts or offers from the D-League for Breunig like Qvale got with Charlotte. I thought his athleticism and touch for his size would get him attention from the NBA.

Plus, it is worthwhile mentioning that former-UM coaches Mike Montgomery and Larry Krystkowiak were NBA head coaches. Weber-coach turned NBA was Motta and that is all I can recall.

Proud Griz Man said:
DoubleNicks said:

Plus, it is worthwhile mentioning that former-UM coaches Mike Montgomery and Larry Krystkowiak were NBA head coaches. Weber-coach turned NBA was Motta and that is all I can recall.
Phil Johnson was an NBA coach for 40 years, including two stints as a HC, and was the NBA Coach of the Year in 1975.

Back