• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Marlon Stewart promoted

Great read from UM sports info on Marlon Stewart. Good move, congrats to him.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UMGRIZZLIES_BB/status/748257932429557761[/tweet]

Sounds like a sincere, dedicated, career coach. Why are coaches looking so young these days?

UMGriz75 said:
Sounds like a sincere, dedicated, career coach. Why are coaches looking so young these days?

I was thinking the same thing, and then I look in the mirror and my question is answered.

getting-old.jpg

I see at least two points in DeCuire's maturation as a Head Coach.
1. The confidence to pick his own people. When he came aboard, he hired a former head coach in Ken Bone, and kept one of Tinks's assistants, Metzger-Jones. Nothing wrong with that. But all great coaches--and managers--eventually want their own people, and to do things their own way. This is a big problem for many NBA coaches. They may or may not get their own assistants, but somebody else usually picks the players. College coaches have much more control over everything.
2. Learning to delegate. I think this is the key step in managing--picking good people,then giving them the space to do their own thing. This is the way Warren Buffet runs Berkshire-Hathaway. If Travis gets as many wins this year as Buffet has billions, we'll be in great shape.

P.S. Where's the schedule?

citay said:
I see at least two points in DeCuire's maturation as a Head Coach.
1. The confidence to pick his own people. When he came aboard, he hired a former head coach in Ken Bone, and kept one of Tinks's assistants, Metzger-Jones. Nothing wrong with that. But all great coaches--and managers--eventually want their own people, and to do things their own way. This is a big problem for many NBA coaches. They may or may not get their own assistants, but somebody else usually picks the players. College coaches have much more control over everything.
2. Learning to delegate. I think this is the key step in managing--picking good people,then giving them the space to do their own thing. This is the way Warren Buffet runs Berkshire-Hathaway. If Travis gets as many wins this year as Buffet has billions, we'll be in great shape.

P.S. Where's the schedule?

It will be out shortly. The Big Sky reshuffled the men's schedule a few times and it was just recently finalized. Also a mid December game will give Montana a shot at a major upset, or at least a look at one of the nation's best teams

Back