• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New uniforms

Seems that the Griz Logo marks a pretty dramatic change from the traditional MONTANA on the front. I assume they'll have three uniforms (with an alt gray) like last season.

CrDoYuGUsAAlbSe.jpg

Hmm, they would be okay as alternates, I guess. I hope these aren't the actual home whites.

grizzlyjournal said:
Seems that the Griz Logo marks a pretty dramatic change from the traditional MONTANA on the front. I assume they'll have three uniforms (with an alt gray) like last season.

The road and alternate jerseys won't change until next year

I have never understood why in basketball, at all levels, home wears light or white, while in all other sports it is the opposite.

maroonandsilver said:
I have never understood why in basketball, at all levels, home wears light or white, while in all other sports it is the opposite.

Baseball always wears white or light at home, football is dark at home as is hockey, but soccer is also white at home so there is actually more major sports that wear light at home than dark

I love them! I'll also add soccer is kind of a mix for at home jerseys. For instance UM often wears maroon or gray jerseys at home, or Seattle FC wore their Olympic whites at Portland Sunday. As far as the new Griz unis, I give them my stamp of approval!

Looking again, I can be more specific in my criticism. As you decrease the size of "Montana" or "Griz" you make the Nike logo seem larger. Very subtle difference, I know, yet God is in the details. This is a detail that jumps out at me. Also the way the swoop in the Z re-enforces the Nike logo.

It's always been a pet peeve of mine that first Nike, now Under Armour, have been able to violate the rule that college athletics was free of commercial influence. What's next, McDonald's? Starbucks? The NBA is already beginning to sell commercial space on their jerseys. Will colleges follow suit? Will our players one day look like Nascar drivers?

citay said:
What's next, McDonald's? Starbucks? The NBA is already beginning to sell commercial space on their jerseys. Will colleges follow suit? Will our players one day look like Nascar drivers?
"Champion Sparkplugs" kind of has a positive message ....

citay said:
Looking again, I can be more specific in my criticism. As you decrease the size of "Montana" or "Griz" you make the Nike logo seem larger. Very subtle difference, I know, yet God is in the details. This is a detail that jumps out at me. Also the way the swoop in the Z re-enforces the Nike logo.

It's always been a pet peeve of mine that first Nike, now Under Armour, have been able to violate the rule that college athletics was free of commercial influence. What's next, McDonald's? Starbucks? The NBA is already beginning to sell commercial space on their jerseys. Will colleges follow suit? Will our players one day look like Nascar drivers?

Wow that is very nit picky criticism. Also, how are colleges free of commercial influence. Check out the courts at Montana State and Gonzaga (just to name two) and tell me what logos you see. Also, check out the name of the stadium Louisville plays in (just to name one). Colleges are not free of commercial influence

I like them. Just think the Griz logo should be a little bigger. Seems weird that the numbers are larger than the logo.

kyle_sample said:
citay said:

Wow that is very nit picky criticism. Also, how are colleges free of commercial influence. Check out the courts at Montana State and Gonzaga (just to name two) and tell me what logos you see. Also, check out the name of the stadium Louisville plays in (just to name one). Colleges are not free of commercial influence

You aptly describe what is; I argue for what should be. I doubt you'd ever see a Marlboro Stadium in Missoula, yet a Papa John's Stadium is just as bad. While my grandparents innocently smoked their lives away a couple of generations ago, I believe today's kids will suffer inestimable health damage from the crap synthetic goo they slather on heart-attacks-by-the slice. Money talks, and not always in the best interests of people, or colleges.

By the way, lost in this discussion of the logo: Ahmaad Rorie is quietly becoming the poster boy of Griz basketball--and he has yet to play his first game.

I was wondering the same about Rorie. No doubt he will contribute but did I miss anything, I haven't seen him play yet.

citay said:
kyle_sample said:
citay said:

You aptly describe what is; I argue for what should be. I doubt you'd ever see a Marlboro Stadium in Missoula, yet a Papa John's Stadium is just as bad. While my grandparents innocently smoked their lives away a couple of generations ago, I believe today's kids will suffer inestimable health damage from the crap synthetic goo they slather on heart-attacks-by-the slice. Money talks, and not always in the best interests of people, or colleges.

By the way, lost in this discussion of the logo: Ahmaad Rorie is quietly becoming the poster boy of Griz basketball--and he has yet to play his first game.

We should back up a little. I don't know that he is the poster boy for the team. Every player had their photo taken in the new uniforms. If somebody doesn't use Rorie's photo on the thread and uses Jared Samuelson or Jamar Akoh, is there still the claim that Rorie is the poster boy? Because he hasn't really been pushed to the forefront by the program -- though he will be a MAJOR contributor during the season

citay said:
You aptly describe what is; I argue for what should be. I doubt you'd ever see a Marlboro Stadium in Missoula, yet a Papa John's Stadium is just as bad.
Well, our stadium is very much named after a commercial enterprise.

kyle_sample said:
citay said:

We should back up a little. I don't know that he is the poster boy for the team. Every player had their photo taken in the new uniforms. If somebody doesn't use Rorie's photo on the thread and uses Jared Samuelson or Jamar Akoh, is there still the claim that Rorie is the poster boy? Because he hasn't really been pushed to the forefront by the program -- though he will be a MAJOR contributor during the season

Correct. I just linked one from UM's Twitter feed but there were others (I think Morehead, Wright, and Samuelson). Rorie's just had the best view of the uni since he wasn't crossing his arms, etc.

kyle_sample said:
citay said:
kyle_sample said:
citay said:

I think you thought my comment about Rorie was perjorative. It was not. I was simply pointing out that as one of the most heralded players to join our program in years, it seems as if he's already the poster boy for the entire team. Believe me, I have no problem with that!
How did it happen?
--Personally, I met his Mom two years ago at a USF-Montana game, while he was still a freshman at Oregon. Beautiful, dynamic woman. So I already had that connection.
--When I visited the campus this summer, I caught one of the boys basketball camps. Rorie was right in the middle of it all, instructing, talking to the kids, going one-on-one with them. You might of thought he was the head coach.
--When we speculated on what player on the current team might make it to the NBA, your choice was Rorie. And you just stressed again that he will be a MAJOR contributor to this year's team. As somebody closer to this team than anybody else on this board, your enthusiasm carries a lot of weight.
--Finally, he shows up on this board modeling the new uni's.
See what I mean? And he has yet to play his first game!

Back