• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Recruiting

temp said:
A friend has a son attending the U, he is good friends with some of the players. He says to expect at least one more signing and that we will be shocked at who got cut.

He rarely tells me exactly what is going on, but I would absolutely expect more signings.

We shall see. There was a rumor floating around on campus I heard at the GRIZ scrimmage on Thursday. Yes, if true it would be shocking who it would be. However, I think what I heard is a lot of exaggerating and it turns out to be nothing. Being I don't believe it, I will not spread it and see how things play out between now and the season starting.

I am still holding out hope Wayne has another surprise quality post player coming in. :thumb:

I was holding back, but the player he cut was me. What really hurts, but makes sense, is Tinkle brought in Kessman. The only caveat was Dallas was part of the package as Assistant head coach. Done deal.

PeauxRouge said:
I was holding back, but the player he cut was me. What really hurts, but makes sense, is Tinkle brought in Kessman. The only caveat was Dallas was part of the package as Assistant head coach. Done deal.

:lol: This is fine work, Red Man!!! Are you sure it is Kessman? I heard Tanner Roderick was in Missoula yesterday!

There is really no surprise player who would leave. Jordan will be here, desheilds, Kemp, Brunig(sp), Martin, Bradshaw, gfeller, and dunn are all with here to stay. Like I said at season end...wiesner was not super happy and idk how that panned out. I that would be the worst we would lose and if we lost another guard like Lopez....well I doubt that but if we did...I don't think it would be too hard to replace them.

Agent G said:
There will be at least one surprise.

Like possibly a guard who contributes a lot.(Narrow it down from there, considering most our returning talent are guards.) If there is any hint of truth from the rumor mill, it will be surprising to me. What I heard was not directly from anyone associated with the team. I wish I knew how reliable the information is. I am hoping not very reliable.

One player is having surgery this week, and next week he will play for the Lady Griz. Yeah, that kind of surgery. Oh, I said too much.

Agent G said:
Once again I named all the players that I know are pretty committed to the team. The only guards who played A lot are Jordan, keron, Mario, wiesner. idk why you can't sack up and say the rumor. You think your bidding something...is someone's leaving we would all find out as soon as the semester ends anyway. Idk if any of yoi actually have any info whatsoever

Ursa Major said:
This is reminiscent of Coach Gary Varner's Allatoona Bucs teams.

Ya Haslem and football coaches if they are not Lazy have learned a lot about Josh Bettistea
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1782116/joshua-bettistea.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Who wants to make a visit.

mtgrizfankb said:
Agent G said:
Once again I named all the players that I know are pretty committed to the team. The only guards who played A lot are Jordan, keron, Mario, wiesner. idk why you can't sack up and say the rumor. You think your bidding something...is someone's leaving we would all find out as soon as the semester ends anyway. Idk if any of yoi actually have any info whatsoever

My sack will be just fine without revealing something that isn't for me to say. I just had to clarify that your previous statement was incorrect. I'm sure it will come out before long in a better way than people blogging on egriz.

Agent G said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Agent G said:

My sack will be just fine without revealing something that isn't for me to say. I just had to clarify that your previous statement was incorrect. I'm sure it will come out before long in a better way than people blogging on egriz.

Well put agentg. I think you may know more than I do. I was doubting what I heard this past week and still am. I am not sure of whatever is going on therefore not comfortable posting more. Plus if someone did post more and it did not happen exactly as posted I guarantee there would be some idiot or jerk calling out someone for posting inaccurate information. Anymore it is much wiser (no pun intended) to post general information and hints on egriz.

i too know what you both know or what i think i know that you both now know but i can't say for sure what i think we both now know we both now know because then you would know what i know plus whatever you know that i may not now know and you would then both be more in the know than i am in the know and then the whole board would know, and we can't have them in the know because then they would know what we both now know or i think we both know and that would just piss me off to know that they knew so let's just keep this under our hats, okay?

I stopped in the basketball offices today. Wayne is still very busy recruiting and will have a few more visits coming in the next few week. He was just leaving the office as I came in. I am not sure who is visiting or what positions. He is very excited about the Boehning (sp?), Edmonds, and Krslovic. He is especially optimistic with having much more length and post depth this coming season. I asked how Boehing is progressing? He admitted like most high school post players, he will need to get bigger and stronger. He really likes his upside, and should be fine once he transitions to Div 1 basketball.

Before anyone asks or comments on it, I will address it. No, I did not ask him about the rumors of any player departures. It was not even hinted or mentioned. As I said before, I am finding the little I did hear hard to believe. Will have to give whatever (if anything) and with whoever it is, time to sort out over the next few months.

Absolutely stoked for the upcoming season and the GRIZ program after speaking with him for a short time. Wayne, thanks for doing everything you, your staff, and players do for the GRIZ, on and off the field. There is not a more positive GRIZ coach, athlete, or alumni than Wayne Tinkle. GRIZ NATION is fortunate to have him leading our Men's Basketball program.

mtgrizrule said:
I stopped in the basketball offices today. Wayne is still very busy recruiting and will have a few more visits coming in the next few week. He was just leaving the office as I came in. I am not sure who is visiting or what positions. He is very excited about the Boehning (sp?), Edmonds, and Krslovic. He is especially optimistic with having much more length and post depth this coming season. I asked how Boehing is progressing? He admitted like most high school post players, he will need to get bigger and stronger. He really likes his upside, and should be fine once he transitions to Div 1 basketball.

Before anyone asks or comments on it, I will address it. No, I did not ask him about the rumors of any player departures. It was not even hinted or mentioned. As I said before, I am finding the little I did hear hard to believe. Will have to give whatever (if anything) and with whoever it is, time to sort out over the next few months.

Absolutely stoked for the upcoming season and the GRIZ program after speaking with him for a short time. Wayne, thanks for doing everything you, your staff, and players do for the GRIZ, on and off the field. There is not a more positive GRIZ coach, athlete, or alumni than Wayne Tinkle. GRIZ NATION is fortunate to have him leading our Men's Basketball program.
Thanks for that. I met Tinkle about 9 years ago and the guy just radiates enthusiasm. Even when the Griz fail to live up to our expectations, it is great to know the program is headed by a great alumnus, talented player and big man in many ways. We are, indeed, lucky.

big tinks fan here, too. but, hey, let's not forget, it works both ways. montana has beeen good to tinks as well.

--gave him his first coaching job after he ended his playing career;
--provided the mentor he needed in krystkowiak, who urged him to finish his degree;
--promoted him to head coach when he had no head coaching experience, and i was one of the many who thought there were more able candidates out there.

yes, yes, yes--tinks has taken full advantage of his opportunities, and we're lucky to have him. but let's not forget: it was montana that game him those opportunities.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Torinleague" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting stuff on here. He says he is visiting Montana state but has a few offers. Then later says he is deciding between Montana and Missouri state. Did he mean MSU or are we involved?

MtTarheel said:
Also appears Ian Fox 6' 1" guard from Redondo Union CA HS will be visiting UM on 5-2 and ISU on 5-4. Per twitter

Hopefully he'll have a 7 or 8 inch growth spurt by Friday...

Back