• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Basketball Roster and Recruiting 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paytonlives

Staff member
VERBAL TO UM 2015 (2)
PG- Michael Oguine 6'0" (Promanade Prep) Receda, CA (2015)
F- Jared Samuelson 6'7" (Billings West HS) Billings, MT (2015)

RECRUITS WITH OFFERS (9)
F- Kenan 'NoKe' Guzonjic 6'8" 215 Sarajevo, (Midland College JUCO)

PG- Paris Austin 5'11" (Bishop O'Dowd HS) Oakland, CA (2015)
PG- Tommy McCarthy 5'11" (La Costa Canyon HS) Carlsbad, CA (2015)
SF- Roman Davis 6'6" 175 (Windward HS) Los Angeles, CA (2015)
PF- Jordan Dallas 6'10" 200 (Long Beach Polytechnic HS) Long Beach, CA (2015)

PG- Justin Moore 6'3" 155 (Mission Bay HS) San Diego, CA (2016)
PF- Dontay Bassett 6'8" 175 (Oldsmar Christian HS)San Leandro, CA (2016)
SG- Matthew Mondesir 6'2" 175 (Bishop Montgomery HS) Torrance, CA (2016)

PG- Damari Milstead 6'1" (Haywood HS) Oakland, CA (2017)

SIGNED/VERBALED ELSEWHERE (8)
PG- Jay MacIntyre 5'11" (Monarch HS) Louisville, CO (2014) (CU Football)
PG- Stefan Gonzalez 6'2" 185 (Highland HS) Pocatello, ID (2015) (St. Mary's)
SG- Rogers Printup 6'4" (Orange Lutheran HS) Orange, CA (2015) (UC Davis)
SG- Malik Harwell 6'4" 180 (Century HS) Pocatello, ID (2015) (BSU)
PF- Brodricks Jones 6'9" 190 (Lawndale HS) Los Angeles, CA (2015) (San Diego State)
SF- Jarriesse Blackmon 6'6" (Layton HS) Layton, UT (2015) (UC-SB)
F- Tres Tinkle 6'7" 215 (Hellgate HS) Missoula, MT (2015) (OSU)
F- Dominic Green 6'6" (Hazen HS) Renton, WA (2015) (ASU)

CURRENT GRIZ ROSTER
PG- Jordan Gregory 6'2" 185 (Senior)
PG- Morgan Young 6'0" 180 (Junior-Walk-on)
PG- Mario Dunn 6'0" 170 (Soph)

SG- Brandon Gfeller 6'3" 180 (Soph)
SG- Riley Bradshaw 6'2" 180 (Soph)
SG- Jermaine Edmonds, Jr. 6'4" 185 (Soph)
SG- Daniel Nwosu 6'2" 185 (Soph)

F- Michael Wisner 6'7" 195 (Senior)
F- Chris Kemp 6'7" 240 (Senior)
F- Martin Breunig 6'8" 210 (Junior)
F- Jack Lopez 6'5" 210 (Soph)
F- Fabijan Krslovic 6'8" 225 (Frosh)

C- Bryden Boehning 6'10" 230 (Frosh)

Awesome, Paytonlives! It's nice to finally see this on the Griz Basketball board. Would be nice to see a similar thread for Lady Griz basketball.

Unless something has changed in the last few months, Jay MacIntyre has signed to play football at Colorado University. His dad is head coach there.

What is even more intriguing to me is that Guzonjic -- a JC soph-to-be -- is evidently being recruited by the Griz for 2014-15... on a Griz team that looks to already have a full roster for this year.

grizzlyjournal said:
What is even more intriguing to me is that Guzonjic -- a JC soph-to-be -- is evidently being recruited by the Griz for 2014-15... on a Griz team that looks to already have a full roster for this year.

Maybe Nwosu changed his mind with the coaching change. Not saying he did, but it is possible.

I can't really tell except that:

1. Most JUCO players are recruited for "this" year, not a year ahead, and
2. Verbal Commits seems to indicate he'd be a sophomore-eligible player, meaning this year.

ALSO: VC has the Griz recruiting ANOTHER JUCO power forward... just posted over the past hour or two. He's Houston Lavachek of Williston State College... 6'-9" and also a sophomore. Also listed as a recruit for 2014 (it seems). Lavachek is being HEAVILY recruited. If the Griz sign him, they'd beat out the Cats, ND State, NDak, Peperdine, Drake, Northern Iowa and Northern Colorado.

GrizWhiz said:
Unless something has changed in the last few months, Jay MacIntyre has signed to play football at Colorado University. His dad is head coach there.

I thought the same thing.. will verify

Paytonlives said:
GrizWhiz said:

I thought the same thing.. will verify

its true... CU football

http://www.ralphiereport.com/buffaloes-football-recruiting/2014/2/5/5381926/first-surprise-of-the-day-jay-macintyre-commits-to-colorado" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ADDED
SF- Matisse Thybulle 6'6" 185 (Eastside Catholic HS) Bellevue, WA (2015)

Though it seems his heart is to sign with UW

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=7712343" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grizzlyjournal said:
I can't really tell except that:

1. Most JUCO players are recruited for "this" year, not a year ahead, and
2. Verbal Commits seems to indicate he'd be a sophomore-eligible player, meaning this year.

ALSO: VC has the Griz recruiting ANOTHER JUCO power forward... just posted over the past hour or two. He's Houston Lavachek of Williston State College... 6'-9" and also a sophomore. Also listed as a recruit for 2014 (it seems). Lavachek is being HEAVILY recruited. If the Griz sign him, they'd beat out the Cats, ND State, NDak, Peperdine, Drake, Northern Iowa and Northern Colorado.
Is it possible that VC removed this posting. I don't see anything on VC's site adding Lavachek. Also, there is nothing on Nwosu's twittter page indicating a change of plans regarding the Griz.

grizfnz said:
Payton, Is there any interest in Jesse Sims for hoops?

I would have thought there would be a lot of interest in hoops... however, when he went to the football camp and dominated, offers started coming from PAC-12 schools for football.

If I remember right he transfered after the last football season and missed basketball (90 day rule) in order to play football at Stevensville. That would tell me he is pretty set on football.

But this is all just conjecture... If the kid goes out and averages 20 points and 14 rebounds per game this winter, I would love to see the offers he would get on both sides!

with all the montana kids playing in the nfl, it's no fantasy to think sims might be a pro prospect as well. but not in basketball.

Morgan Young is no longer on the team. There may be some truth about another juco player coming on board for 2014-15...should be some news coming soon about the current squad.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/justin-moore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/matthew-mondesir" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/roman-davis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back