• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2014-15 Mens Basketball Game Schedule

I wish they would hurry up and release the schedule. Normally it is announced by now. Maybe we are waiting on word for some other decent to good tournament.

Those first 4 known road games are brutal...

@ Colorado State
@ Seattle (Marv Harshman Classic)
@ USF
@ California

ordigger said:
At Home vs South Dakota
12/21/14

http://www.goyotes.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/sdak-m-baskbl-sched.html

Interesting that USD will have played UNLV in Sioux Falls prior to us. How'd they pull that off?

Maybe they asked? we assume with recent success that "nobody wants to come to Missoula to play" when, maybe they would? Obviously I understand that really is probably the case, but wonder how many/who we really try to get to come to MT.

Another Big Sky foe...

Northern Colorado

Home New Year's Day! Jan 1, 2015
@ Greeley Valentines Day! Feb 14, 2015

Which leaves us, ISU, SUU and NAU without posted schedules yet.

I'm guessing with those 6 games for a total of 18 BSC games, and the 8 non-conference games we have listed, that we pretty much got them all. Maybe an exhibition missed out....but that would be 26 games we know of so far.

ordigger said:
Another Big Sky foe...

Northern Colorado

Home New Year's Day! Jan 1, 2015
@ Greeley Valentines Day! Feb 14, 2015

Which leaves us, ISU, SUU and NAU without posted schedules yet.

I'm guessing with those 6 games for a total of 18 BSC games, and the 8 non-conference games we have listed, that we pretty much got them all. Maybe an exhibition missed out....but that would be 26 games we know of so far.

ISU home/away
SUU home
NAU home

Since most NCAA Div 1 teams with posted schedules are playing between 29-31 games, I'd expect the Griz to have scheduled several more games for this season. Perhaps a tournament?

Don't believe I've ever envied Weber State hoops fans for much of anything... but this year might be an exception. WSU fans get to follow their team to St. Thomas in the U. S. Virgin Islands for a pre-season round robin tournament. Other teams in the field include: Clemson, Gardner-Webb, Illinois State, LSU, Nevada, Old Dominion and Seton Hall. Envious.

grizindabox said:

Terrific schedule with many challenges. I am impressed with DeCuire's aggressive attitude in recruiting, and scheduling. I am guessing his team will be every bit as aggressive on the court too.

I remember last basketball season posting the GRIZ should get to scheduling tough road games, and build their program following that way. Then be able to get better teams to come into Missoula, with the intent to draw more attendance. At that time, I thought this would be the blue print for scheduling and building the program. I am amazed DeCuire has that philosophy this season.

Overall, I am really liking the majority of what he has done so far in this time as coach. I just kind of question one thing so far regarding scholarships. Nonetheless, it looks like the GRIZ made a very solid hire to take over the program.

Back