• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz vs UCLA in Spokane!!!!

Very Nice Indeed, somewhat a surprise that UCLA is a 3 seed, most thought they would be a 2 seed. Nice to see The Lady Griz playing close to home! Come on ladies, let's have a repeat of what the Griz did earlier against the Bruins.

Saturday, 6:30pm ET. Or 3:30pm spokane time. May be able to go watch that game and then head to schweitzer to ski the next day.

I gotta believe the Lady Griz are VERY happy with this game.

UCLA averages only
65 points a game... shoots 27% on threes... 65% of Free Throws

Plus it will be a TOTALLY Lady Griz Home court...

I am not calling for an upset, but of any of the teams they could have played, this is the one the Ladys should have chosen.

Oh BTW Stanford is in Spokane also, so I bet UM gets a little help from Stanford.... thanks Tinks!

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2010-2011/teamcume.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Excellent!!!

Not a pushover game of course, but the last "mock" board I saw was Vs. Stanford and a 16 seed...

Cuervohola said:
Excellent!!!

Not a pushover game of course, but the last "mock" board I saw was Vs. Stanford and a 16 seed...
Collegerpi.com had lady griz vs ucla in spokane. 15th vs 2nd seed though.

Good news for the Griz is that UCLA doesn't have a lot size however they are very very good at defense and want to run at a drop of a hat.

There will be a lot pressure put on Lexi Nelson and DeBoer and Torrey Hill running the point.

Key for the Griz will be transition defense. UCLA has a lot of speed. Lady Griz may have better shooter on their team. If they can keep turnovers down then that will give them at least a chance.

Stanford does not play in Spokane this weekend, they are in the Spokane Regional. Gonzaga is hosting a four team pod on campus this weekend and the Spokane Regional will be the following weekend at the Spokane Arena.

bpcats said:
Good news for the Griz is that UCLA doesn't have a lot size however they are very very good at defense and want to run at a drop of a hat.

There will be a lot pressure put on Lexi Nelson and DeBoer and Torrey Hill running the point.

Key for the Griz will be transition defense. UCLA has a lot of speed. Lady Griz may have better shooter on their team. If they can keep turnovers down then that will give them at least a chance.

Torry Hill has been out for 2 weeks with a broken ankle. :cry:

women's basketball is still struggling to build a fan base. the final four sells out, but venues for the regional and sub-regional games that i watched on tv last year featured more empty than filled seats. hence the selection committee's keen desire to keep teams close to home. did this help us? i'm sure. to get a 14 seed with our record was a small miracle--a higher seed even than utah. the selection committee knew their geography.

That's really a great draw. I don't think they could have hoped for better. One would think the fourth place team from the BSC wouldn't get that favorable of a seed. Perhaps it's respect for the Grizzly program or, as some had said, maybe it's just trying to get more people in the stands so they gave the girls a nudge up in the standings.

My info is kinda iffy. The bracket I saw had Iowa vs Gonzaga at 4 PM on Saturday and Montana vs UCLA at 6:30 PM. I'm not sure what time zone that was, but those were the only games in Spokane that day.

Do the next round games in the regional get played there or somewhere else? Just wondering.

NWMTGRIZ1 said:
Very Nice Indeed, somewhat a surprise that UCLA is a 3 seed, most thought they would be a 2 seed. Nice to see The Lady Griz playing close to home! Come on ladies, let's have a repeat of what the Griz did earlier against the Bruins.
Saturday I watched a few minutes of the Montana-Portland St. game but decided to watch the UCLA-Stanford game and it was a great one. UCLA had Stanford on the ropes and led by 9 at the half. Had Stanford not had a great perimeter team they would not have won...but they did....UCLA women are very, very good and have one of the best coaches I have seen in a long time...they play outstanding defense and from little I have seen of UM, the Lady Griz have still not learned how to break a press or double team....it would be great to see them upset UCLA, but, in reality, I hope they can keep it close....since it is UCLA maybe it will be televised....

Grizinmyyard said:
My info is kinda iffy. The bracket I saw had Iowa vs Gonzaga at 4 PM on Saturday and Montana vs UCLA at 6:30 PM. I'm not sure what time zone that was, but those were the only games in Spokane that day.

Do the next round games in the regional get played there or somewhere else? Just wondering.

Those times are Eastern and there are only two games in Spokane. The winners will play Monday night.

grizindabox, Thanks, we were talking about trying to get tickets for Saturday. I suspected that those times were eastern, but didn't know. Thanks again.

http://www.gozags.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/031411aac.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Half our grad class and I are working the games this weekend for GU athletics. I better see you guys walking around here this weekend. Oh, why not take in a Spokane Shock game after wards on Saturday? (Shameless plug)

Back