• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Recruit Update

flatheadgriz406

I'm assuming High School basketball all over the country is starting conference play now just like Montana. Does anyone have updates on Falls, Nicholas or Kramer? How have they done in the preseason? Would be great if someone had links/stats/highlights to share!

Follow my Twitter account @kyle_sample....I frequently retweet updates about recruits, including the periscope feed of Timmy Falls' games from his dad

Kelby Kramer sent me video of his first 7 games. Shows him to be a pretty good interior passer and defender:
http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7111625/5873251b3deaab0d7c55391d

kyle_sample said:
Kelby Kramer sent me video of his first 7 games. Shows him to be a pretty good interior passer and defender:

Thanks for posting Kyle. I like this kid a lot. I think he has a pretty high upside after a redshirt year and practicing against the "bigs" we will have for the next couple of years. He seems to have long arms, has good hands, really pretty good feet and he hustles. Admittedly he is playing against smaller guys but he shows good reaction.

I don't recall many Griz recruits in high school playing above the rim as often as he shows in the video. That is encouraging because as he gets stronger he will be much more effective and he will improve his hops.

kyle_sample said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about! Thanks Kyle. Any word on stats for the 3 of them? points blocks rebs etc?

flatheadgriz406 said:
kyle_sample said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about! Thanks Kyle. Any word on stats for the 3 of them? points blocks rebs etc?

Thank you Kyle, for the link. That kid has terrific court awareness for a big. Pretty coordinated as for body control and footwork. For the most part, he goes straight up going for blocks and does not fling his arms, that's a great sign. Hard to believe, for DeCuire's kind of play style, he might actually have to become leaner and lose some weight. He looks at least 240 lbs to me. I bet his quickness and vertical would improve on a leaner frame. He looks like a very solid post player. I hope the GRIZ can build him up. :thumb:

mtgrizrule said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
kyle_sample said:

Thank you Kyle, for the link. That kid has terrific court awareness for a big. Pretty coordinated as for body control and footwork. For the most part, he goes straight up going for blocks and does not fling his arms, that's a great sign. Hard to believe, for DeCuire's kind of play style, he might actually have to become leaner and lose some weight. He looks at least 240 lbs to me. I bet his quickness and vertical would improve on a leaner frame. He looks like a very solid post player. I hope the GRIZ can build him up. :thumb:

According to ESPN he weighs 210 as 247Sports. HUDL has him at 225. MaxPreps has him at 226. When he was signed GoGriz had him at 220. Joel Bolomboy was listed by the Jazz at 235 pounds and he has a much stronger or thicker build than Kramer has in my opinion. That being the case Bolomboy is older and his body more mature. The kid appears to have a frame that would carry more weight and supposedly he is still growing and if that is the case he could end being a great get for us with the athleticism that he exhibits and some work in the weight room.

Griz1 said:
mtgrizrule said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
kyle_sample said:

According to ESPN he weighs 210 as 247Sports. HUDL has him at 225. MaxPreps has him at 226. When he was signed GoGriz had him at 220. He appears to have a frame that would carry more weight and supposedly he is still growing and if that is the case he could end being a great get for us with the athleticism that he exhibits.

Then again, maybe he looks bigger because of a huge base/trunk.

I'm more excited about Karl Nicholas. I think he could help us next year, while Kramer is a project, at least three years away from being productive (redshirt sophomore year.) As for Nicholas, I think a lot of teams are going to look back and say, "How did we miss this kid?" Just as we've got a great guard line right now, we will soon have an athletic formidable front line. Question is, next year, or the year after.

I agree citay. The foundation Kramer has is intriguing. It will be fun to see how the coaching staff develops him. Maybe he will never be a star but can be a piece we haven't had since Quale.

Nicholas is a player that screams holy crap how did we get this guy. Having a forward that plays above the rim will be a huge upgrade, and give us another oguine presence on the floor. If he develops at all he could be special.

From what I've seen of Tfalls he is the wild card of this group that I think will end up being one of those guys by his Jr. SR. year that is a crowd favorite. He has a shake and a nose for the game that is wasted in high school. It will be fun to see him run the point with real athletes around him.

I'd bet anything Falls has modeled his game on Steph Curry. His shot and quick release look eerily similar. Perhaps Mr. Falls can comment.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/11/boys-basketball-dublin-soars-behind-numerous-contributions/

Timmy's looking great and turning into a mature young Man. He's playing with a young group this Senior year that have heart and love for the game. They play as a Team with chemistry and smarts. No one person is scoring points for the morning news. "Just interested in the Win". He's sitting about half the games in most of the 4th quarters so the points don't always tell the story. He's a pleasure to watch not because he's my kid but a burst of energy on the both sides of the court. It a blessing to see a Kid who has the energy and drive to run and compete an entire game. Thats pretty rare in my opinion.

Tim

The Quick Shot? always evolving I hope. He does have a quick release at times. The trick is feeling the defense and getting the proper shot off accordingly.

tfalls123 said:
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/01/11/boys-basketball-dublin-soars-behind-numerous-contributions/

Timmy's looking great and turning into a mature young Man. He's playing with a young group this Senior year that have heart and love for the game. They play as a Team with chemistry and smarts. No one person is scoring points for the morning news. "Just interested in the Win". He's sitting about half the games in most of the 4th quarters so the points don't always tell the story. He's a pleasure to watch not because he's my kid but a burst of energy on the both sides of the court. It a blessing to see a Kid who has the energy and drive to run and compete an entire game. Thats pretty rare in my opinion.

Tim
That must be so personally rewarding and gratifying. How did he get interested in Basketball? Did you play?

well,
he was throwing balls into a 4ft hoop while still in pampers. His early years were watching myself play on a local Marine Corps Winter League Team and distance running in Fresno, CA.
He picked up both first running with the Pleasanton Heat out of Pleasanton, Ca where he finished 25th in 2008 and 18th in 2009 in the National Cross Country Junior Oympics. So, when Basketball started at 4th grade level, he was the fastest and most polished kid on the floor. the love for the game made him stop the distance running and focus on year round basketball.

My son was his Math teacher when he was a sophomore....he said he was a good kid...always had his homework done and didn't cause any problems...sounds like you did a pretty decent job Dad....

tfalls123 said:
well,
he was throwing balls into a 4ft hoop while still in pampers. His early years were watching myself play on a local Marine Corps Winter League Team and distance running in Fresno, CA.
He picked up both first running with the Pleasanton Heat out of Pleasanton, Ca where he finished 25th in 2008 and 18th in 2009 in the National Cross Country Junior Oympics. So, when Basketball started at 4th grade level, he was the fastest and most polished kid on the floor. the love for the game made him stop the distance running and focus on year round basketball.

This is a great player profile! Can't wait to see this young man in a Griz uni! :thumb:

Back