• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pridgett

citygriz

DeCuire praises him to the hilt after the Northern Colorado game, but then he gets four minutes and produces an all-zero line against North Dakota. Was he hurt? Bad matchup?

I'm a big Pridgett fan. His athleticism when he was on the floor really evened up the odds against the athletically-superior USC team in the one game I've seen, Pridgett's first as a collegian. I expected he'd be contributing a lot more by now, especially against Big Sky competition.

For those of you who have seen so many more games--what's up here?

By the way, I'll be in Portland for the Portland State game, so I'll be able to draw my own conclusions.

He had some quality minutes and played some good defense, but couldn't get any shots to drop. He will be fine.

Cant recall who Pridett subs in and out with for sure but Lopez was going to play the majority last night if he is the one Pridgett tends to split time with. It was Lopez's "Senior Night" as his parents made their first game (from Australia) since Jack has been a grizzly. Real nice night for him and his family. Crowd cheered loudly. He deserves it and has been a real asset to this team. He shot the lights out to start the game as well and commanded defensive attention on the perimeter from UND and Krslovic made them pay for it.

:thumb: I strongly suspect the graduation of Wright, Dunn and Gfeller will lead to many more minutes and probable starting status for Sayeed. He has tremendous potential and athleticism. I hope he is patient. It is a tough transition from high school ball to D1 hoops. His performance against NC State alone says everything about what type of player he is going to be! :thumb:

I think it was purely a matchup issue. North Dakota ran a ton of iso-schemes on offense, which varied, depending what lineup Montana had on the floor. In this game, 6'-7 Bobby Moorehead (who's made giant strides this year as a defender) got 19 minutes because he shut down whoever he guarded.

Agreed. I think he was limited because BM was playing well defensively. It's the hallmark of this team: depth and flexibility.

I feel the contributions of more experienced players and hitting the proverbial "Freshman Wall" are the main reasons for Pridgett's inconsistent minutes. He will be just fine. Some games he will play a huge role, other games will not see as many minutes. Travis is very much a go with his gut type of coach. His gut feeling changes a lot too.

citay said:
DeCuire praises him to the hilt after the Northern Colorado game, but then he gets four minutes and produces an all-zero line against North Dakota. Was he hurt? Bad matchup?

I'm a big Pridgett fan. His athleticism when he was on the floor really evened up the odds against the athletically-superior USC team in the one game I've seen, Pridgett's first as a collegian. I expected he'd be contributing a lot more by now, especially against Big Sky competition.

For those of you who have seen so many more games--what's up here?

By the way, I'll be in Portland for the Portland State game, so I'll be able to draw my own conclusions.

Pridgett has shown tremendous potential and will be a great Griz in the future, but for me, right now he is considerably behind the veteran and proven Rorie, Oguine and Wright.

Back