• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM at home vs. kittens (Sat Feb 4)

Are there really two big in-state basketball rivalry games in Missoula this Saturday? Haven't heard word one about them on the streets in Missoula this week. Times sure have changed.

There should be quite a few Cat fans there but seems most Griz fans more worried about our cornerbacks, safeties and offensive line. Cat fans must be less worried about these positions and have decided to follow a hot bball team into town.

Mousegriz said:
Are there really two big in-state basketball rivalry games in Missoula this Saturday? Haven't heard word one about them on the streets in Missoula this week. Times sure have changed.

There should be quite a few Cat fans there but seems most Griz fans more worried about our cornerbacks, safeties and offensive line. Cat fans must be less worried about these positions and have decided to follow a hot bball team into town.

Times have changed...When I was growing up in Bozeman, Basketball was the big thing in the State, now it is football. There is a conversation over on Bobcat nation about why there aren't more Montana kids on the Cats and griz rosters anymore. Reason is Football...I have always liked Basketball way more than Football (and I love Football). So...If you are a town like Missoula, and you aren't really following the Basketball team that much to begin with, then you lose 4 in a row... My guess is there will be more Cats fans at the game than in the past because we are trending the opposite way..(5 game winning streak).

Now for the ladies game...In the past , no matter how good the Cats were, the griz were always tough, and the town really supported them. Now that they are 0-10 in the conference and really have no chance against the Cats (will be a bigger upset than miracle on ice if the griz won), no one is even looking at that game.

SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:

Times have changed...When I was growing up in Bozeman, Basketball was the big thing in the State, now it is football. There is a conversation over on Bobcat nation about why there aren't more Montana kids on the Cats and griz rosters anymore. Reason is Football...I have always liked Basketball way more than Football (and I love Football). So...If you are a town like Missoula, and you aren't really following the Basketball team that much to begin with, then you lose 4 in a row... My guess is there will be more Cats fans at the game than in the past because we are trending the opposite way..(5 game winning streak).

Now for the ladies game...In the past , no matter how good the Cats were, the griz were always tough, and the town really supported them. Now that they are 0-10 in the conference and really have no chance against the Cats (will be a bigger upset than miracle on ice if the griz won), no one is even looking at that game.
The men are not gonna lose to the cats I guarantee it. Every team in the big sky has gone through this this year. Plus when you have a head coach like Decuire, you'll see a huge change in the team.

I have a good feeling about this game. Hopefully it's the beginning of the Griz ascent and the Cat descent.

Griz til I die said:
SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:

The men are not gonna lose to the cats I guarantee it. Every team in the big sky has gone through this this year. Plus when you have a head coach like Decuire, you'll see a huge change in the team.

OK...$100 to the Charity of the winners choice? You in?

Big Sky Breakdown: Cat-Griz hoops preview, Round 1 - http://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-breakdown-cat-griz-preview/

In this episode, Kyle Sample and Colter Nuanez break down the basketball showdowns between Montana State and Montana on Saturday, February 4 in Missoula.

'68griz said:
Does Dish carry the Swx channels that are broadcasting these games? Can't find them.
I think it's just cable that has the channel, but you can watch the game on the watch swx app

Swx I think is just over the air in Montana. I don't think I have it on cable here in Helena

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'68griz said:
Does Dish carry the Swx channels that are broadcasting these games? Can't find them.

Unfortunately no and neither does Directv. Here is the explanation:

http://www.swxrightnow.com/story/11266938/why-isnt-swx-on-directv-or-dish-network

SACCAT66 said:
Griz til I die said:
SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:

OK...$100 to the Charity of the winners choice? You in?

Impact Montana would love to be the recipient of either one of your $100 bill. šŸ˜‰

I have been able to watch some SWX games in the past here in Great Falls. It seems it is not listed on the tv guide though and I am not sure what channel it is. I tried to watch a high school basketball game on SWX not that long ago and coudnt find it. I guess it is inconsistent as to whether it is available here in Great Falls. Anyone else have this experience? Anyone living in Great Falls know what channel is supposed to be SWX?

cmtgrizzly said:
I have been able to watch some SWX games in the past here in Great Falls. It seems it is not listed on the tv guide though and I am not sure what channel it is. I tried to watch a high school basketball game on SWX not that long ago and coudnt find it. I guess it is inconsistent as to whether it is available here in Great Falls. Anyone else have this experience? Anyone living in Great Falls know what channel is supposed to be SWX?

Try 199 on cable, not sure about helena or great falls numbers though.

grizd said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Will do. Thanks!

Try 199 on cable, not sure about helena or great falls numbers though.

Back