• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bigs

citygriz

Oh, jeez, here I go again. But I've said from the beginning of the year--this is not our year. You have to have a great point guard (we do) and you have to have a dominant center (we don't.) Krslovic bless his hustling heart is not a center. I sat courtside at the USC game, and could see close up how much energy you have to expend when you're playing bigger more athletic guys. I would have expected our kids to be exhausted by now, and I believe they are.

How did it come to this?

I think DeCuire and his staff thought by year three they'd have plugged in a JC or a big high school kid; several were on our radar. But what happened was, the best available bigs were transfers, not instant recruits, so DeCuire went for the quality, this year be damned. That we've done this well against this schedule just makes me more eager for next year.

Here's the bus schedule: "Express Bus Arrives Oct. 15, 2017." If a local comes along, let it go. It won't take us far.

There you have it grasshoppers.

Back