• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maddie Keast

Mousegriz

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/maddie-keast-leaves-lady-griz-program/article_5cb90107-d48c-5ef7-8b37-1a9015d4ea94.html

Mousegriz said:
http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/maddie-keast-leaves-lady-griz-program/article_5cb90107-d48c-5ef7-8b37-1a9015d4ea94.html

Hopefully there is a good reason besides playing time. I suspect given the urgency of this and not finishing the year it has to do with her injury history. Good luck to her either way.

Keast plays the same position that Maddie Schoening plays at. Schoening is likely to be starter all 4 years. Harrington also plays the same position. Keast lost playing time this year due to Schoening and Shannon appears to favor Harrington to pick up the remaining minutes which isn't much). Keast likely didn't see herself getting much playing time in the future after this season (of course this is speculation on my part as it could be Keast's foot bothering her again but that isn't mentioned in the Missoulian). Both Schoening and Harrington are true freshman.
This will open another scholarship for next year. Lady Griz have plenty of guards. Need more players with more size.

Got to make some plays and shots when you get the chance. I watched Keast some in HS: quick with the ball, seemed to shoot it real well. Watched her just once this year......not real quick, put on weight and couldn't throw it in the ocean. Is there something in the water for these Missoula girls when they hit college ball? Reinhardt followed a similar path after a great HS career.

I probably know as much as anyone as to why Maddie left the team, but I have been asked to not share all of the whys and wherefores. That said, it is certainly true that her playing time became non-existent. Not because of injury. Much more involved. Suspect she will not be the only one leaving the Lady Griz. Her leaving does open up a scholarship which I would assume go to the Bozeman girl who has 8 shoplifting charges pending resolution....perhaps by trial.

rufus2431 said:
I probably know as much as anyone as to why Maddie left the team, but I have been asked to not share all of the whys and wherefores. That said, it is certainly true that her playing time became non-existent. Not because of injury. Much more involved. Suspect she will not be the only one leaving the Lady Griz. Her leaving does open up a scholarship which I would assume go to the Bozeman girl who has 8 shoplifting charges pending resolution....perhaps by trial.

What Bozeman girl would that be?

Caitlin Lonergan. Gatorade volleball player of year last year at Bozeman high, and frosh at MSU in volleyball. Great volleyball player. Also first team all-state in hoops. '6'2". Has a good jump shot. Great athlete. Literally destroyed the Griz last fall in volleyball, almost single handedly, before getting suspended for the shoplifting stuff. Was top player for Cats. Nice girl. Nice family. Don't know where the shoplifting stuff came from. Rumors from Bozeman say she is talking to the Griz. Don't know anything about the shoplifting prognosis. All third party info. Don't know anything about Keast situation.

Bozeman Chronicle in early Nov.

"Lonergan was cited for misdemeanor shoplifting for taking items worth $25.97 from Town & Country Foods on South 11th Avenue on six occasions between Sept. 22 and Oct. 27, according to the documents."

grizd said:
Mousegriz said:

Hopefully there is a good reason besides playing time. I suspect given the urgency of this and not finishing the year it has to do with her injury history. Good luck to her either way.

Maddie is not injured. She works out off-season at the PEAK. She started showing up every day starting last Friday, so I figured something was up, since she was not on the bench last Thursday and her parents were not in their seats. She is doing her usual, hard core lifting, which I think she enjoys as much, maybe more than basketball.

PlayerRep said:
Caitlin Lonergan. Gatorade volleball player of year last year at Bozeman high, and frosh at MSU in volleyball. Great volleyball player. Also first team all-state in hoops. '6'2". Has a good jump shot. Great athlete. Literally destroyed the Griz last fall in volleyball, almost single handedly, before getting suspended for the shoplifting stuff. Was top player for Cats. Nice girl. Nice family. Don't know where the shoplifting stuff came from. Rumors from Bozeman say she is talking to the Griz. Don't know anything about the shoplifting prognosis. All third party info. Don't know anything about Keast situation.

"Lonergan was cited for misdemeanor shoplifting for taking items worth $25.97 from Town & Country Foods on South 11th Avenue on six occasions between Sept. 22 and Oct. 27, according to the documents."

Yeah...I know who she is, just didn't realize she was thinking about UM...But her twitter page says she is going to UM and is on the griz team. Good luck to her...

SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:

Yeah...I know who she is, just didn't realize she was thinking about UM...But her twitter page says she is going to UM and is on the griz team. Good luck to her...

Does she have to sit out next season as a transfer?

maroonandsilver said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:

You would think so. But with it being two different sports, I have no idea.

This is a damm shame if Caitlin Lonergan joins the Lady Griz team. She has been cited for shoplifting six times wtf. So your telling me the head coach would want a kid like this over Maddie? This is so wrong in so many ways and it will come back to bit the head coach in the butt.

Shannon may have a soft spot for Caitlin Lonergan.... who just might remind the Head Coach a bit of her self back in the Day...... having the same short-comings back in time when she was an All -American Player for the Griz.

It's nice to know we still live times where a 2nd chance is possible for a Kid. That said , hopefully this person has turned the corner on the serious issue of shoplifting. Griz don't need the extra press on a players character issues.

Kabooom said:
Shannon may have a soft spot for Caitlin Lonergan.... who just might remind the Head Coach a bit of her self back in the Day...... having the same short-comings back in time when she was an All -American Player for the Griz.

It's nice to know we still live times where a 2nd chance is possible for a Kid. That said , hopefully this person has turned the corner on the serious issue of shoplifting. Griz don't need the extra press on a players character issues.

Ha! This is true. My sister used to tell me some of the stuff that Shannon got into in her playing days! I hope this girl gets her head on straight if she is going to be a Griz!

Kabooom said:

Trust I understand about second chances, but would you be saying this is he kid was minority and if the head coach wanted to add her to the team?

shift2323 said:
Kabooom said:

Trust I understand about second chances, but would you be saying this is he kid was minority and if the head coach wanted to add her to the team?

Are you seriously playing the racism card from left field? Get that shit off this forum. No one said anything about that.

maroonandsilver said:
SACCAT66 said:
PlayerRep said:

If she transferred over break and is currently enrolled, even if she has to sit, she would be eligible in January I believe.

Back