• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Gfeller???

Kadeezy

I haven't been following BSC as closely as I typically do, but what the hell has happened to Brandon Gfeller? I remember a couple years ago he looked like a world beater and now he's averaging 3 points a game as a Senior.

Is he hurt? Or was he the benefactor of stronger Griz teams the past couple years that put him in a position to catch and shoot more?

Steady decline with the occasional good game. He gets open shots, just isn't hitting anymore. I won't guess on whether its mental or mechanics or what. It just happened and it sucks. Also happening to Moorhead with his sophomore slump. Anyone else notice Bobby wasn't on the floor for the final shot? Shame.

Kadeezy said:
I haven't been following BSC as closely as I typically do, but what the hell has happened to Brandon Gfeller? I remember a couple years ago he looked like a world beater and now he's averaging 3 points a game as a Senior.
It's weird, there's no doubt. I went though a phase (before it was 3 pts) that the shot couldn't miss. Then, I couldn't so it and so had to do something else. I have no idea why. I have since spent years on athlete dynamics, and I can't explain that one except by young bodies developing, and in different ways.

I surely expected Gfeller to up much better numbers his jr and sr seasons. Mechanically, his shot is terrific. Last season, he was fading to one side or the other, often. This season, I haven't noticed that as often, and his shot looks more like it should. I honestly feel it is a matter of confidence. Ditto Moorehead, except his shot mechanics seems to have gotten worse. If either of these 2 were hitting 3's consistently, this season would be playing out much better for the team. Their shooting has been a major disappointment for this season. Likely the main reason for the GRIZ struggling and being inconsistent this season.

I surely expected Gfeller to put up much better numbers his jr and sr seasons. Mechanically, his shot is terrific. Last season, he was fading to one side or the other, often. This season, I haven't noticed that as often, and his shot looks more like it should. I honestly feel it is a matter of confidence. Ditto Moorehead, except his shot mechanics seems to have gotten worse. If either of these 2 were hitting 3's consistently, this season would be playing out much better for the team. Their shooting has been a major disappointment for this season. Likely the main reason for the GRIZ struggling and being inconsistent this season.

Overall, I feel Gfeller is the one player I really missed on. I expected much more from him than he has performed.

mtgrizrule said:
I surely expected Gfeller to put up much better numbers his jr and sr seasons. Mechanically, his shot is terrific. Last season, he was fading to one side or the other, often. This season, I haven't noticed that as often, and his shot looks more like it should. I honestly feel it is a matter of confidence. Ditto Moorehead, except his shot mechanics seems to have gotten worse. If either of these 2 were hitting 3's consistently, this season would be playing out much better for the team. Their shooting has been a major disappointment for this season. Likely the main reason for the GRIZ struggling and being inconsistent this season.

Overall, I feel Gfeller is the one player I really missed on. I expected much more from him than he has performed.

....Gfeller's mechanics surely aren't as "repetitive" as mtgrizrules'!

Mousegriz said:
mtgrizrule said:

....Gfeller's mechanics surely aren't as "repetitive" as mtgrizrules'!

Sorry about that. Of late, a lot of times when I post, it times out here, so I try again. Hence some duplicate posts. This is the only site giving me problems with that too. :thumb:

Kadeezy said:

Is he hurt? Or was he the benefactor of stronger Griz teams the past couple years that put him in a position to catch and shoot more?

Tonight he made a couple threes and actually shot a jumper for a two, which he almost never does. He's been starting because he plays good defense and has his head in the game all the time, I think. His shot seems to me to be softer and more high-arching than it used to be, which I think reflects a mechanical change after his late season problems last season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back