• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BS refs

Paytonlives

Staff member
When is the BS going to something about these clowns they call refs?

I don't even think the Griz got screwed, just think the refs on this league are terrible...

And it's been this way for 20 years.

51 PF tonight combined. Does anyone know what the T was about? Maybe someone that attended the game saw or heard something. It just appeared to be so random and the player's actions so innocuous.

Paytonlives said:

I don't even think the Griz got screwed, just think the refs on this league are terrible...

You do realize that the BSC joined the Western Officiating Consortium and pull from the same pool as the Pac12, MWC, WCC, WAC, and Big West.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:

You do realize that the BSC joined the Western Officiating Consortium and pull from the same pool as the Pac12, MWC, WCC, WAC, and Big West.

There is no way that's possible. I've watched those other leagues and rarely see the crappy refing the BS has every night.

I.e. It might be the same pool, but the BS gets the bottom level clowns

Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:

There is no way that's possible. I've watched those other leagues and rarely see the crappy refing the BS has every night.

I.e. It might be the same pool, but the BS gets the bottom level clowns

Right, can't believe that the pac 12 would put up with that.

Just did some reading about this, and yes they were added in. They also try to send officials that are near the area of the game... so yes same crappy BS refs under a different name.

Its getting to the point where I am just going to follow the box score on ESPN rather than tune in for these games, a foul is called on seemingly every possession. BS refs is right...

helenaumfan said:
Ursa, Rorie got the T because he stared down the defender after he made the basket, and got the and one.

He did stare but crap it was about 1 second. Lame call.

Paytonlives said:
Just did some reading about this, and yes they were added in. They also try to send officials that are near the area of the game... so yes same crappy BS refs under a different name.

That would seem to mean that the BSC really doesn't have another resource for officials, and definitely not a source to better. No reason to keep biatching about it.

And again I'm not saying the Griz got screwed... these refs like most of the BS games are flat out terrible.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:

That would seem to mean that the BSC really doesn't have another resource for officials, and definitely not a source to better. No reason to keep biatching about it.

So I guess we need to just wait another 20 years? And pray they get better.

It's called training. If you can train a dog to not piss in the living room, I would think you could train these clowns to officiate a good game.

Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:

It's called training. If you can train a dog to not piss in the living room, I would think you could train these clowns to officiate a good game.

You seriously think they don't having training, and grading.

They are terrible and sure were tonight! Funny thing though, while generally whistle happy, they seem incapable of recognizing traveling.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Paytonlives said:

You seriously think they don't having training, and grading.

And IF they do , nothing seems to come of it.

Now the one and only were officiated game of the year makes sense.

At NAU... I wondered where these refs came from... now we know the PAC-12 refs did not have a game in Tempe so they drove up to NAU.

Paytonlives said:
Now the one and only were officiated game of the year makes sense.

At NAU... I wondered where these refs came from... now we know the PAC-12 refs did not have a game in Tempe so they drove up to NAU.

Kind of makes me laugh, because fans of Pac12 schools complain about officials just like fans of BSC teams.

Back