• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dahlberg renovation

Griz til I die

DONOR
How long until the griz release their official plans for the renovation of Dahlberg? Renovations include new court, scoreboard, locker rooms, and lounge area. As for the court, I'd like to see it dedicated to robin selving and have a shilouette of Montana around the grizzly bear (as other teams have done like North Carolina, and Texas). I'd also like to see a discription in between the timelines by the check in desk that says something along the lines of "Montana's college team" or "Montana's Big Sky team" as some teams have already done this such as Syracuse and Northwestern. As for other upgrades, I'd like to see them put in a new video board that you can actually see from the upper level. I'd also kind of like to see them put in new ribbon boards at the top of the arena like Weber did to their arena. But the most important thing they need to do IMO is get rid of the tan bleachers. PLEASE GET RID OF THOSE. Those are just some of my ideas. What would you guys like to see them do?

The tan bleachers are not going away. Cost would be high. Some seating would be most likely be lost. That area (floor) is used a lot other than basketball when the bleachers are rolled back.

The decision to name the floor for Selvig has already been made.

The problem with hanging the center scoreboard low enough for fans in the high reaches of the end zones to see, is that it would block viewing the opposite ends of the court.

New basketball standards and backboards were installed a few weeks ago. The old ones were getting so unstable that they were afraid they might collapse with a strong dunk.

Upgrades in the fieldhouse, other than the scoreboard paid by Learfield, may just quietly happen. That is what happened last year with the much-needed upgrades for visitors and officials locker facilities (which are very nice if you want to check them out). With the budget issues at the U, there was a lot of grumbling on campus, especially noted in the Kaimin, with the announcement of the Champions Center, even though it is being funded privately.

maroonandsilver said:
The tan bleachers are not going away. Cost would be high. Some seating would be most likely be lost. That area (floor) is used a lot other than basketball when the bleachers are rolled back.

The problem with hanging the center scoreboard low enough for fans in the high reaches of the end zones to see, is that it would block viewing the opposite ends of the court.

New basketball standards and backboards were installed a few weeks ago. The old ones were getting so unstable that they were afraid they might collapse with a strong dunk.

Upgrades in the fieldhouse, other than the scoreboard paid by Learfield, may just quietly happen. That is what happened last year with the much-needed upgrades for visitors and officials locker facilities (which are very nice if you want to check them out). With the budget issues at the U, there was a lot of grumbling on campus, especially noted in the Kaimin, with the announcement of the Champions Center, even though it is being funded privately.

I've been told the decision to name the floor for Selvig hasn't been decided upon. That could just be posturing though so it comes as a "surprise" when it is finally done. Also, the Montana silhouette are Griz might be the design for the middle

kyle_sample said:
maroonandsilver said:

I've been told the decision to name the floor for Selvig hasn't been decided upon. That could just be posturing though so it comes as a "surprise" when it is finally done. Also, the Montana silhouette are Griz might be the design for the middle
True

Doing something drastic with the North end of Dahlberg isn't a bad idea though. Bring a little NEZ to Dahlberg.

This from the school that, during the last remodel, made the arena smaller......

Griz til I die said:
How long until the griz release their official plans for the renovation of Dahlberg? Renovations include new court, scoreboard, locker rooms, and lounge area. As for the court, I'd like to see it dedicated to robin selving and have a shilouette of Montana around the grizzly bear (as other teams have done like North Carolina, and Texas). I'd also like to see a discription in between the timelines by the check in desk that says something along the lines of "Montana's college team" or "Montana's Big Sky team" as some teams have already done this such as Syracuse and Northwestern. As for other upgrades, I'd like to see them put in a new video board that you can actually see from the upper level. I'd also kind of like to see them put in new ribbon boards at the top of the arena like Weber did to their arena. But the most important thing they need to do IMO is get rid of the tan bleachers. PLEASE GET RID OF THOSE. Those are just some of my ideas. What would you guys like to see them do?
https://www.google.com/amp/missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/montana-s-dahlberg-arena-getting-new-video-board/article_c20c20c2-3b7d-5f71-95f2-e837ca8168ad.amp.html looks like we're getting an NBA style scoreboard. Now all we need is the court with the Montana shilouette around half court and "Montana's College Team" in between the timelines by the check in desk and Dahlberg will look great.

Griz til I die said:
Griz til I die said:
https://www.google.com/amp/missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/montana-s-dahlberg-arena-getting-new-video-board/article_c20c20c2-3b7d-5f71-95f2-e837ca8168ad.amp.html looks like we're getting an NBA style scoreboard. Now all we need is the court with the Montana shilouette around half court and "Montana's College Team" in between the timelines by the check in desk and Dahlberg will look great.

And paint it one more time in front of the visitor's bench when State comes to play.

Griz til I die said:

I agree that the TAN bleachers are a hideous eye-sore, can't they paint them Maroon :?:

So I graduated in 89'. Back in the days that the students had the entire floor section across from the team bleachers. You remember, back when it was actually difficult to play at Montana because of the Zoo. The students used to line up hours before game time and when they let us in it was a race to the best seats available. Then they renovated the stadium and said good bye to the Zoo. Now in their place there are fans who politely clap and fan them selves with the roster sheet. Not bitter or anything. :lol:

Is Montana totally against having what we used to have? Gonzaga has the Kennel and it works for them. Its not like Montana is packing out the stadium or anything.

IdahoGrizFan said:
So I graduated in 89'. Back in the days that the students had the entire floor section across from the team bleachers. You remember, back when it was actually difficult to play at Montana because of the Zoo. The students used to line up hours before game time and when they let us in it was a race to the best seats available. Then they renovated the stadium and said good bye to the Zoo. Now in their place there are fans who politely clap and fan them selves with the roster sheet. Not bitter or anything. :lol:

This. I was there from 78 - 82 and it was great. Even if you ran out of your hidden stash of booze before warm up. I attended a game a few years ago and practically fell asleep.

fanofzoo said:

Meaning what?

Back in the day a couple years right after the University of Montana hosted for the second time an NCAA Women's Tournament Regional the offer to do so again in the then near future was extended by the NCAA for further hostings. This back in the 90s and for subsequent decades.

What was the University of Montana's Athletic Department's reaction?

"Oh, it's much too much work for us."

Too much work?

Get real, Montana.

Too much work to bring on senior citizens to host/usher games; that they've done throughout the regular season? For how many years, now?

Too much work to bring back college students to handle the concession stands? That they've done throughout the regular season. For how many years up to then?

Too much work to host visiting teams and fans staying a couple days in Missoula at hotels/motels, whatever. For how much money that brings into the local economy.

Yeah. Well, maybe too much work for the NCAA too to even bother recognizing your existence from now on, as well. Get a grip on reality. You talk about the monetary benefits that the football team brings into the local Missoula and surrounding economy for every home game. Quess what? So do the basketball games; every once in a while, maybe? Huh?

I was never so disappointed in the University of Montana in that response in over 35 years of being a Griz fan.

Too much work for ya?

Yeah.

Way to go, Griz.

If your don't care to be seen on a national level, being gracious enough hosts for a mere weekend of hosting an NCAA Championship Tournament Women's Regional, showcasing the beauty of the Five Valleys, the State of Montana, the Garden City, etc., etc., etc., well, who gives a f**k about you too, then?

You don't care...we don't care. That's how it goes.

And you better well damn believe that out of the other 300 + colleges an/or universities nation-wide, knowing the benefits of hosting a tournament, national exposure, room and board for both teams and fans, etc., etc., etc. That all those others are not as pompously arrogant and naïve to tweek their noses at the NCAA, telling them to f**k off like the University of Montana did.

WyomingGrizFan said:
fanofzoo said:

Meaning what?

Back in the day a couple years right after the University of Montana hosted for the second time an NCAA Women's Tournament Regional the offer to do so again in the then near future was extended by the NCAA for further hostings. This back in the 90s and for subsequent decades.

What was the University of Montana's Athletic Department's reaction?

"Oh, it's much too much work for us."

Too much work?

Get real, Montana.

Too much work to bring on senior citizens to host/usher games; that they've done throughout the regular season? For how many years, now?

Too much work to bring back college students to handle the concession stands? That they've done throughout the regular season. For how many years up to then?

Too much work to host visiting teams and fans staying a couple days in Missoula at hotels/motels, whatever. For how much money that brings into the local economy.

Yeah. Well, maybe too much work for the NCAA too to even bother recognizing your existence from now on, as well. Get a grip on reality. You talk about the monetary benefits that the football team brings into the local Missoula and surrounding economy for every home game. Quess what? So do the basketball games; every once in a while, maybe? Huh?

I was never so disappointed in the University of Montana in that response in over 35 years of being a Griz fan.

Too much work for ya?

Yeah.

Way to go, Griz.

If your don't care to be seen on a national level, being gracious enough hosts for a mere weekend of hosting an NCAA Championship Tournament Women's Regional, showcasing the beauty of the Five Valleys, the State of Montana, the Garden City, etc., etc., etc., well, who gives a f**k about you too, then?

You don't care...we don't care. That's how it goes.

And you better well damn believe that out of the other 300 + colleges an/or universities nation-wide, knowing the benefits of hosting a tournament, national exposure, room and board for both teams and fans, etc., etc., etc. That all those others are not as pompously arrogant and naïve to tweek their noses at the NCAA, telling them to f**k off like the University of Montana did.

I am not well-enough informed to agree or disagree with this opinion.

What I do want to say is, this is one of the best pieces of writing I have ever seen on this board.

I remember a big game against Weber..... it was so loud the refs had to run down the court waving their arms in the air to stop play because the players couldn't hear the whistle and were still playing. We lost all that when the Zoo got sidelined for "money". And lost a distinct home court advantage along the way. Look at the Zags and what they have with the Kennel and what we used to have. Oh well, I probably won't watch a men's game again anyway, so no loss.

Latest posts

Back