• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lonzo Ball

citygriz

Two games I wanted to see last night that went off at pretty much the same time: UCLA-Kentucky, Warriors-Kings. So I flipped back and forth during commercials so as not to miss either. Of course, I wanted to watch Lonzo Ball dazzle Kentucky with the Curry-esque show his father predicted, because after all, Lonzo is just a bigger better version of Curry, right?

OOPS! Lonzo made a few nice passes, no question, but then hid out in the corner until clanking a few threes with his awkward looking release. When they go in, you can't argue with his form, but when they don't, they're butt ugly. Last night, they were butt ugly. And the Kentucky defense almost completely shut him down.

Meanwhile, every time I switched over to the Warriors, I saw Curry simply dazzle. Incredible handle through traffic; behind the back no look pass; deadeye three-point accuracy with an unbelievably quick release. Final stats: 27 points, 12 assists, 7 rebounds, plus 28 for his time on the floor.

But don't forget: In college, Curry took Davidson to the Elite Eight, something Ball could not do this year. And do you think Curry had the same supporting cast? Hell, no. Curry's teammates that year are now stockbrokers, real estate executives and tech salesmen. They probably sit around Starbucks doing crossword puzzles. If you'd put Curry in that UCLA lineup last night, they would have won by twenty.

Time for Lavar Ball to shut up.

And, oh yes, the local connection. Is it just another urban myth that we tried to recruit Curry? Does anybody know the real story there? We know the John Stockton story, but the Curry story is still out there to be told--or is it.

I heard the story was Curry recruited us trying to get interest from all sorts of schools but Davidson was the only school to bite.

Back