• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Congrats to Gonzaga!

Silvertip

83-59 winners over Xavier and on their way to the Final Four. Nice to see Mark Few get the monkey off his back.

Silvertip said:
maroon said:
There was no monkey.
Yeah there was. With all the Zags tournament appearances the rap on Few was never being able to get a team out of the Sweet Sixteen.
Have to agree. Totally unfair, but that was the attitude. The announcers even talked about it after the game, with a passing mention of the same monkey on the West Coast Conference as a whole.

Silvertip said:
maroon said:
There was no monkey.
Yeah there was. With all the Zags tournament appearances the rap on Few was never being able to get a team out of the Sweet Sixteen.

They've been to the Elite Eight two out of the last three years.

Congrats also to Oregon, 14-pt winners over Kansas. It's the Ducks' first final four appearance since 1939, when they won the NCAA title.

grizzlyjournal said:
Congrats also to Oregon, 14-pt winners over Kansas. It's the Ducks first final four appearance since 1939, when they won the NCAA title.

Oregon is the first Pac 12 team to make the Final 4.

grizzlyjournal said:
Congrats also to Oregon, 14-pt winners over Kansas. It's the Ducks first final four appearance since 1939, when they won the NCAA title.

Wow what a game, had Kansas to win, ducks stepped up big time.

Question about the Gonzaga women's team.

Did Montana ever have a shot at JILL BARTA from Fairfield Montana?
Just wondering.

Fascinating article about Gonzaga basketball.
http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebas...l-program-helped-gonzaga-university-flourish
ESPN’s Dana O'Neil said:
How the basketball program helped Gonzaga University flourish

“The school was in real trouble" was the assessment of longtime benefactor Jack McCann in 1998.
… saw the school’s undergraduate population dip from 4,176 in 1990 to 2,791 just eight years later.

This week an undergraduate population of 5,160, including more than 1,200 freshmen, will cheer as their beloved Zags head to Phoenix.
Pretty amazing stuff.

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizzlyjournal said:

...........since UCLA in 2008?

Congrats to the Zags. The Spokane region is pretty pumped for the team and it's cool to see.

ewueagle2010 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Congrats to the Zags. The Spokane region is pretty pumped for the team and it's cool to see.

.....Except in 2008.....it was the Pac 10....

And the beat goes on!

Tough game, but the Zags won over South Carolina, 77-73.

Oregon is tied with UNC, early in the game. Would love to see the Ducks win so we could have an all-west championship game. How sweet would that be?

ewueagle2010 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Count me not on the Gonzaga bandwagon. I wonder what their program be like had they remained in the Big Sky.

LowellVandal said:
ewueagle2010 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Count me not on the Gonzaga bandwagon. I wonder what their program be like had they remained in the Big Sky.

At least they made the move and didn't have to come crawling back.

LowellVandal said:
ewueagle2010 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizzlyjournal said:

I don't understand the post. Why are you not a fan? What does their not remaining in the Big Sky have to do with it?

Back