• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LG softball vs wash

Mavman

What should we expect today when the two teams face off? Will the LG be able to hit off of the Huskies pitcher? What kind of score do you expect? How big is the talent gap between the two programs?
What chance do the LG have to win this game 25% 5% 50%????
TIA

If Hood brings her A game and we get a couple clutch hits, it's definitely feasible we could win. Not likely however. I'm just hoping for a respectable showing and then a win against Fresno St on sat. That would be a first for the conference to win a tourney game. I think if that happens we may see Mich then who I think we have a better chance of beating then Udub but then we'd still have to beat Udub two more times to move on.

Mavman said:
What should we expect today when the two teams face off? Will the LG be able to hit off of the Huskies pitcher? What kind of score do you expect? How big is the talent gap between the two programs?
What chance do the LG have to win this game 25% 5% 50%????
TIA

I tend to agree almost 100% with alabamagrizzly. Montana's prospects are equal to any Big Sky conference champion facing a top seed in the first round of the playoffs. The cool thing about softball is that it's double elimination.

There a couple of factors that intrigue me: 1. This team really matured over the last week of Big Sky conference play and through the tourney. A 4-1 record against the conference regular season champs on their field was more than a simple confidence-booster; I think the team realized its potential and played to it. 2. There are intangibles for teams that do well in NCAA play and the Griz have a huge advantage with a coach who's been there before. I go only on my observations, but coach Pinkerton seems to be an outstanding low-key person who's got the ability to instill confidence in his players. Plus, he crafts solid game plans.

I don't think this Griz team will be intimidated. If Hood is on her game (as Alabama says), I think they have a chance.

Going to be a huge challenge. That said, I'm looking forward to it. A small group of us are planning to attend.

And Peaux, gametime is 9:30 Mountain, 8:30 Pacific. Will be streamed on ESPN3. Audio with Riley can be heard here: www.930kmpt.com.

GO GRIZ!!!!

EverettGriz said:
Going to be a huge challenge. That said, I'm looking forward to it. A small group of us are planning to attend.

And Peaux, gametime is 9:30 Mountain, 8:30 Pacific. Will be streamed on ESPN3. Audio with Riley can be heard here: www.930kmpt.com.

GO GRIZ!!!!

EverettGriz: Do you have a twitter acct? I'd love to follow any "between inning" observations you have. Go Griz!

EverettGriz said:

GO GRIZ!!!!

Awesome, thanks. Anyone know of a place that might be able to put it on a big screen in Helena? I'm driving up there this evening. Thanks.

grizzlyjournal said:
EverettGriz said:

GO GRIZ!!!!

EverettGriz: Do you have a twitter acct? I'd love to follow any "between inning" observations you have. Go Griz!

I don't. I can certainly try to post a few in-game thoughts on this board, though.

EverettGriz said:
grizzlyjournal said:
EverettGriz said:

GO GRIZ!!!!

I don't. I can certainly try to post a few in-game thoughts on this board, though.

With all due respect to EG, given his normal drinking patterns, I would expect anything after the fourth inning to be mostly gibberish. Before that, solid gold! :thumb:

Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
grizzlyjournal said:
EverettGriz said:

GO GRIZ!!!!

With all due respect to EG, given his normal drinking patterns, I would expect anything after the fourth inning to be mostly gibberish. Before that, solid gold! :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words, Ursa. It's nice to hear my talents are appreciate.

:lol:
Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
grizzlyjournal said:
EverettGriz said:

GO GRIZ!!!!

Man you are REALLY generous and in the ozone. EG won't even know what stadium he is in at first pitch because he will have consumed too many brewskies with us at the U Village Ram beforehand. :lol:

griz71 said:
:lol:
Ursa Major said:
EverettGriz said:
grizzlyjournal said:

Man you are REALLY generous and in the ozone. EG won't even know what stadium he is in at first pitch because he will have consumed too many brewskies with us at the U Village Ram beforehand. :lol:

You guys must be using EG's 'Griz Cart' (again). :thumb:

shopping_cart4.jpg

BTW, congrats to Weber State who got the BSC's first post season/national tourney win and then went on to win their regional yesterday. They beat Boise State 19-10, beat Utah State 2-0 (Griz lost to them earlier in the year), dropped a 1-5 decision to Boise State, and then won the regional 8-0 against Boise State after 5 innings. They move into the championship round and have to travel to face the 4th seeded Liberty Flames.

Hopefully, some of that BSC good fortune will carry over for the Griz tonight.

No score going to the 3rd. UDub has had chances. Gunna take some GRIZ runs as eventually the huskies are going to push something across

Softball is fun to watch but as usual, in women's sports, there is a huge talent gap. There were 5 no hitters thrown just yesterday in the tournament. Unfortunately the Griz were one of them. Still a great showing for a program in their third year. Hopefully they can get one vs Fresno State.

PeauxRouge said:
Bottom of 4, 8 - 0 Huskies. Yikes. I just turned it on so don't know how it got that way.

Sorry. Phone batt ran low last night. In the 3rd, with one on and one out, the Griz committed an error that opened the door, and the Huskies first kicked it in, and then bulldozed it over. They scored all 8 runs in that inning, and I believe they had hits from 7 or 8 straight hitters.

Pinks pulled Hood after it was 3-0, which was probably smart in order to save her for today. Driscoll replaced her and struggled mightily. She went 1/3 of an inning, faced 6 batters, five got hits and 4 scored. Stensby followed her and pitched very well, but by then the game was long decided.

Beat Fresno!!

Back