• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bethany Olea

alabamagrizzly

Congrats Bethany on a tremendous career and helping build the foundation of a great softball program at Montana. Seeing her emotional at 1B after hitting a single in her last collegiate at bat will be one of the best moments of the year for me.

I feel badly for the Griz, whose season ended with uncharacteristic defensive play. Down 2-0 going into the bottom of the 6th & things just sort of fell apart for them... something I did not see all season. But one unfortunate inning does not really affect the incredible season this team's had.

So, congratulations to Montana for making it to the NCAA playoffs. They graduate only senior Bethany Olea (who finished the game with a hit), so this is a team that certainly will be in the thick of things next season. Congrats also to Montana coach Pinkerton. What an impact he's had on Montana athletics by building this team so rapidly.

I've had a blast watching this team this season. I look forward to seeing how this team shapes up for fall games.

alabamagrizzly said:
Congrats Bethany on a tremendous career and helping build the foundation of a great softball program at Montana. Seeing her emotional at 1B after hitting a single in her last collegiate at bat will be one of the best moments of the year for me.

Indeed---major kudos to this young woman for her senior leadership and example! :clap: :thumb:

griz71 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Indeed---major kudos to this young woman for her senior leadership and example! :clap: :thumb:

And gets to go out with a hit, as well as NCAA Tourney appearance, the first for a program. That's something to remember!

Pretty amazing that a girl who is that talented signed with a program that only had drawings of a future field and softball facilities! Tip of the hat to Bethany for getting the Griz Softball rolling.

Back