• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017-18 Lady Griz Roster is up

maroonandsilver

DONOR
The 2017-2018 Lady Griz roster is now posted on GoGriz.com. Henny Hearn and Jaree Mane are not listed. Jordy Sullivan is listed as Assistant Coach. Eric Hayes is not.

Nice to see Sims and Valley up there still. Praying their knees recover and they have the Sr season they dreamed of. With the experience our Fr guards gained last year, I think this squad could make the greatest turn around in NCAA history possibly.

616s6e said:
I see Henney Hearn from Idaho is not on the roster. Does that open a scholarship?

There are 15 women on the roster. 14 are scholarship for sure. I'm not sure about Caitlin Lonergan. If she got a scholarship, the Lady Griz are full-up. If not, they have 1 to give.

There are 3 Seniors. 2 scholarships have been given for next year, which leaves 1 to give,(assuming Cailin is getting a scholarship, and from what I hear, they like her).

maroonandsilver said:
616s6e said:
I see Henney Hearn from Idaho is not on the roster. Does that open a scholarship?

There are 15 women on the roster. 14 are scholarship for sure. I'm not sure about Caitlin Lonergan. If she got a scholarship, the Lady Griz are full-up. If not, they have 1 to give.

There are 3 Seniors. 2 scholarships have been given for next year, which leaves 1 to give,(assuming Cailin is getting a scholarship, and from what I hear, they like her).

Caitlin was very good in High School, when she wasn't in foul trouble. She really struggled to stay on the court for long periods of time.

maroonandsilver said:
616s6e said:

For 2016 there were two seniors - Valley and Sims. The ladies signed two players to replace them for 2017 - Sophie Styles and Abby Anderson. Valley and Sims were each injured and redshirted to return in 2017, leaving the Lady Griz two scholarships over for 2017. Maddie Keast left the program late last season and Henney Hearn left after the season. Jaree Mane also left but she was a walk on. Now the ladies are at full scholarships for 2017 with no additional to give. It is my understanding that Caitlin is a walk on for this season with a chance to earn a scholarship.

In 2017, there are three seniors - Valley, Sims and Isaak. They have already received a verbal from Schweyen and Frohlich for 2018. They have one additional scholarship to give for 2018 and my guess is that will go to Caitlin.

go96griz said:
maroonandsilver said:
616s6e said:

For 2016 there were two seniors - Valley and Sims. The ladies signed two players to replace them for 2017 - Sophie Styles and Abby Anderson. Valley and Sims were each injured and redshirted to return in 2017, leaving the Lady Griz two scholarships over for 2017. Maddie Keast left the program late last season and Henney Hearn left after the season. Jaree Mane also left but she was a walk on. Now the ladies are at full scholarships for 2017 with no additional to give. It is my understanding that Caitlin is a walk on for this season with a chance to earn a scholarship.

In 2017, there are three seniors - Valley, Sims and Isaak. They have already received a verbal from Schweyen and Frohlich for 2018. They have one additional scholarship to give for 2018 and my guess is that will go to Caitlin.

You have forgotten Rachel Staudacher's scholarship. There is one to give for 17-18 assuming it did not go to Caitlin.

This is islightly off the subject but there was some speculation on here Nora Click would. At start of Friday's Lady Griz Camp, they had a competition among current and former players in a three point contest representing their camp teams. The losing team had to do pushups. Shooters included McKenzie and and Taylor among others. I believe Kayleigh was there but not sure if she shot. Nora didn't miss a shot.

maroonandsilver said:
616s6e said:

Even if Cailtin Lonergan earns a scholarship that'll still leave one more to offer. 15 - 3 = 12. Kylie Frohlich and Jordyn Schweyen have verballed; 15 - 3 + 2 = 14 Still one left to offer. Duh.

Back