• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz-Carroll

Corcoran said we are allowing 70 ppg. That will need to come down closer to 60 maybe 65 in conference if we are playing defense adequately. I think we have improved defensively over prior years so I think the number will come down.

cmtgrizzly said:
For anyone interested this game can be streamed on Roku onto your tv through Pluto tv.

I'm getting an error message when I try to get this on Pluto. ANyone else?

EverettGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
For anyone interested this game can be streamed on Roku onto your tv through Pluto tv.

Are you on your computer or a firestick/roku? I havent had any problems on my Roku

EverettGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Pluto hasn't worked for me the last couple of weeks. I've went back to watchbigsky, been working great

15-27 from the line. Carrol goes 17-20. That’s pathetic, really.

We are going to lose some important games from the FT line if we don’t figure how how to take the FREE points.

1972 said:
EverettGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Pluto hasn't worked for me the last couple of weeks. I've went back to watchbigsky, been working great

I download an app to watch it on Roku maybe that is the difference?

Good thing most of Griz Nation don’t pay attention to hoops. TD would be out the door, no trip to the dance, play down to lesser opponents, and we keep waiting for next year!
All kidding aside I would love to see the Griz blow the doors off these NAIA teams.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz looked like they mailed it in tonight....
Were you there? I was and it did not look like the Griz "mailed it in." Carroll is undefeated in the NAIA and gave Purdue a pretty good game (trailed by ten at halftime.) Jamar Akoh was outstanding. :clap: He is just now finding his game after a long layoff.

Carroll is very good. And well-coached. It's a good thing they couldn't handle Akoh. 10 rebounds, 6 offensive. 7-8 shooting from field.

23 for Carroll is a very good player. All-American. D-I caliber. Carroll could shoot. 76% in the first half. The kid from Great Falls is a good player and should have taken it to the hoop more.

Griz played fine, but they couldn't get away from Carroll, except when 23 sat for 4 fouls, as did another guy. 55.6% from the line. Only 8 players played until the last minute. Nicholas didn't play much after his early minutes.

The refs (or 2 of them) consistently screwed Carroll. A ref across the court and on the other side of mid-court, called a T on Carroll coach. Total BS call. That ref thought he needed to blow his whistle constantly.

The Colbert kid from Missoula got only a couple minutes.

It seems the Griz should be better. I can't put my finger on why they aren't. I like all the players.

cmtgrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Are you on your computer or a firestick/roku? I havent had any problems on my Roku

Yes, I was trying using the app on my laptop. Once I used my smart tv I was fine

EverettGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:
EverettGriz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

Yes, I was trying using the app on my laptop. Once I used my smart tv I was fine

Good! Wonder why the difference? Oh well glad it worked.

PlayerRep said:
Carroll is very good. And well-coached. It's a good thing they couldn't handle Akoh. 10 rebounds, 6 offensive. 7-8 shooting from field.

23 for Carroll is a very good player. All-American. D-I caliber. Carroll could shoot. 76% in the first half. The kid from Great Falls is a good player and should have taken it to the hoop more.

Griz played fine, but they couldn't get away from Carroll, except when 23 sat for 4 fouls, as did another guy. 55.6% from the line. Only 8 players played until the last minute. Nicholas didn't play much after his early minutes.

The refs (or 2 of them) consistently screwed Carroll. A ref across the court and on the other side of mid-court, called a T on Carroll coach. Total BS call. That ref thought he needed to blow his whistle constantly.

The Colbert kid from Missoula got only a couple minutes.

It seems the Griz should be better. I can't put my finger on why they aren't. I like all the players.

Good summary.

23 had 16 points the first 8 minutes, then two quick touch fouls gave him 3 with 11 minutes left in the half. He sat the rest of the half. The Carroll coach got his technical when calling a time out around when 23 got his third foul, the ref blows the whistle, the coach comes on the court to call in the players and the ref at half court calls a T for coming on to the court. They weren’t too good for either team and fairly even, but that sequence was harsh. We doubled down on 23 the second half, which helped.

Carroll shot lights out. They were 8-10 from 3 before garbage time.

I think shooting woes is the biggest reason why we are and will continue to look sluggish. Though tonight we scored at will, mostly from inside. Our defense wasn’t too impressive tonight. Was hoping the end of the bench could play - they really could use some playing time and haven’t received any. Is there anything below NAIA as that didn’t work out for that - lol.

Carroll was tough last year too. They shot lights out tonight. Maybe they were just hot or maybe our defensive intensity was not what it has been. I dont necessarily think this means this team is still not ready to take the next step as we all hope they will but if we are going to be competitive with the type of team we are likely to meet in the NCAA tourney we really should be able beat Carroll more comfortably even as good as they are.

Sorry for laziness and lackmof sentence structure

Back