• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC predictions

Mavman

Looking at the conference scalps thread should be a great year.
Who do you see winning the conference?
Where do you see the Griz finishing???
I think Griz finish fourth!

I think Portland State and Idaho battle for the championship this year. I see the Griz finishing 6th unfortunately.

I think it's wide open. PSU is looking good so far but I am not sold on them completely. Any number of teams can win it this year.

Mavman said:

I really dont know enough about where the other teams are right now. Sounds like the Stanford game might help for comparison as I think PSU and EWU both played and beat them. As noted in another thread the guys are playing with more intensity defensively but still are giving up too many points and I think need to drop PPG allowed down 6 or more points for conference. Shooting has to improve as well. I think we have potential but am a little concerned about the above. Can you share who you are placing above us?

5th for now. Really need to step it up, and play to their talent level. The lack of a big is killing this team.

ordigger said:
5th for now. Really need to step it up, and play to their talent level. The lack of a big is killing this team.

Not sure that is their biggest problem since they rebounding is better than it has been for some time. But, I hate to say it, I think UM is going to be tied for 5 or 6th. Early optimism is turning into yet another, "wait till next year"....I wish Stitt had been given the total support Decuire is getting..

cmtgrizzly said:
Mavman said:

I really dont know enough about where the other teams are right now. Sounds like the Stanford game might help for comparison as I think PSU and EWU both played and beat them. As noted in another thread the guys are playing with more intensity defensively but still are giving up too many points and I think need to drop PPG allowed down 6 or more points for conference. Shooting has to improve as well. I think we have potential but am a little concerned about the above. Can you share who you are placing above us?

In no particular order
WSU
MSU
UND
If griz continue to struggle
EWU and PSU could finish above also.
Hope I'm wrong I already have reservations for Tourney in Reno.

Serious question that I'm curious to hear your comments on.
If Montana finishes 4-6 range and misses the Big Dance again, will Decuire be on the hot seat?
Tinkle made a few appearances in the dance and we now seem to have good enough Talent to get us back
just have fallen short. Should playing in the BSC championship game every year with a chance to go to NCAA tournament be the standard for Griz Hoops?

I have us at third for now. PSU as of right now is my pick to win it and Idaho 2, don’t get me wrong I think we can beat both of these teams. We play PSU twice so hopefully we can at least split with them. We play Idaho in Moscow, but we beat them down there last year so it’s possible. I think the cats will be tough too but I think we will definitely split, if not sweep them. I also think we’re gonna beat Stanford tomorrow.

PSU, Idaho, Weebs, MSU

next 3 are interchangeable, including the Griz

Will not beat Stanford as they probably overlooked PSU...now punched in the mouth so won't let it happen from another BSC team. Montana loses by at least 15.

AZDoc said:
PSU, Idaho, Weebs, MSU

Will not beat Stanford as they probably overlooked PSU...now punched in the mouth so won't let it happen from another BSC team. Montana loses by at least 15.

You may be right but shouldnt have Stanford not have overlooked PSU after EWU had already beat them?

Mavman said:
If Montana finishes 4-6 range and misses the Big Dance again, will Decuire be on the hot seat?
Tinkle made a few appearances in the dance and we now seem to have good enough Talent to get us back
just have fallen short. Should playing in the BSC championship game every year with a chance to go to NCAA tournament be the standard for Griz Hoops?

Thanks for your response regarding who you felt were above the Griz this year. As far as Decuire goes I have to say that eventually it will get tiresome of having expectations and falling short and then saying "next year again" which I feel we have been doing for the past two years already. I do think there will be some pressure on him next year if we finish middle of the pack this year.

I think at least top four in conference and an NCAA appearance every other year or at least once every 3 years is reasonable expectation to be met.

Griz til I die said:
I have us at third for now. PSU as of right now is my pick to win it and Idaho 2, don’t get me wrong I think we can beat both of these teams. We play PSU twice so hopefully we can at least split with them. We play Idaho in Moscow, but we beat them down there last year so it’s possible. I think the cats will be tough too but I think we will definitely split, if not sweep them. I also think we’re gonna beat Stanford tomorrow.

I'm not so sure about their talent. They have it all except making their shots. Seems like a necessary ingredient.

cmtgrizzly said:
AZDoc said:
PSU, Idaho, Weebs, MSU

You may be right but shouldnt have Stanford not have overlooked PSU after EWU had already beat them?

True! let me change that to won't lose to 3 BSC teams. :thumb:
Honestly, this is how it goes for the Griz. they will probably play well, but stanford will have the game of the year. Ridiculous. Still think the Griz lose by 15. I will be watching though.

AZDoc said:
cmtgrizzly said:
AZDoc said:
PSU, Idaho, Weebs, MSU

True! let me change that to won't lose to 3 BSC teams. :thumb:
Honestly, this is how it goes for the Griz. they will probably play well, but stanford will have the game of the year. Ridiculous. Still think the Griz lose by 15. I will be watching though.

my prediction is Stanford by 15+ also.
Not sold on this Griz team. Whitworth , ucsb, and caroll games have really tempered my enthusiasm.

Mavman said:

If he were held to same standards as coaches in some of our other sports, he already would be.

after watching PK80 tourney, PSU is the team in the sky. Great depth, very good size and terrific guard play. I say PSU, WSU then Idaho. Griz & Cats outside looking in but it will be a great conf contest. Every game will be huuuuuge. Go Griz . My question is who will eventually actually step up for UM? Timmy, Jamar, or Sayeed ??? Guard play in the BSC is just going to be outstanding, so the Griz strength will be matched.

Everyone is going with PSU as the Pre-season favorite, and it would be ignorant to disagree with that notion at this point. One think that MAY help the Griz is their schedule. No trip to Weber (where they never win) and Idaho does not come to Missoula.

Zirg said:
Everyone is going with PSU as the Pre-season favorite, and it would be ignorant to disagree with that notion at this point. One think that MAY help the Griz is their schedule.No trip to Weber (where they never win) and Idaho does not come to Missoula.

Unless it's the 2010 BSC Champtionship game.

PeauxRouge said:
Zirg said:
Everyone is going with PSU as the Pre-season favorite, and it would be ignorant to disagree with that notion at this point. One think that MAY help the Griz is their schedule.No trip to Weber (where they never win) and Idaho does not come to Missoula.

Unless it's the 2010 BSC Champtionship game.

??? Unless it was last season. Montana beat Weber State 78-74 in Ogden on Mar. 3rd.

Back