• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Tournament

griz71

Oh, BTW they did win their own tournament this weekend and are now 2-5. Two excellent games in a row by Shannon's crew and these girls are gaining poise and confidence. They are fun to watch and let's just hope they stay healthy!

griz71 said:
Oh, BTW they did win their own tournament this weekend and are now 2-5. Two excellent games in a row by Shannon's crew and these girls are gaining poise and confidence. They are fun to watch and let's just hope they stay healthy!

Beat Cal-Fulerton 68-47
&
Long Beach 67-60

griz71 said:

They did play well and the games were fun. But, they didn't 'win' the tournament. They didn't play Oral Roberts, who was also 2-0. So the LGiz were co-champs. I assume this tourney format was set up so that Fullerton and Long Beach would not play each other given they are from the same conference.

The game last night was fun to watch. The teams battled. The Lady Griz came back from a few deficits and fought off some runs. Played well almost the whole game, except slow 2d half start.

MacKenize Johnson was truly outstanding. Played all 40 minutes. Led the team in every way. Ran the offense. Scored 24 and had 8 rebounds and 6 assists. She was all-tournament too.

Long Beach played tough D and used a trapping press most of the game. Lots of turnovers on both sides. LB was tall and long. Had a 6'5" frosh center, who fortunately got into foul trouble in the first half. I liked how lB played. Good thing they weren't better from 3.

Jace Henderson continued her nice inside play, playing against taller and athletic players, in 36 minutes. Sierra Anderson played well. Schoening and Nicholson each had 8. I like to watch Stiles and Kick play, altho Kick got only 8 minutes, maybe all in the first half. 10 Griz played in first half, and only 8 in second half.

The crowd was good. The band and spirit squads were good. Hellgate dance team performed well at halftime. Think they are coached by a recent former UM dancer.

This team is much improved from last year. What could of been with the 2 injured seniors. Oh well. Hopefully, Logeran adds some depth in the post when she is eligible.

PlayerRep said:
The game last night was fun to watch. The teams battled. The Lady Griz came back from a few deficits and fought off some runs. Played well almost the whole game, except slow 2d half start.

MacKenize Johnson was truly outstanding. Played all 40 minutes. Led the team in every way. Ran the offense. Scored 24 and had 8 rebounds and 6 assists. She was all-tournament too.

Long Beach played tough D and used a trapping press most of the game. Lots of turnovers on both sides. LB was tall and long. Had a 6'5" frosh center, who fortunately got into foul trouble in the first half. I liked how lB played. Good thing they weren't better from 3.

Jace Henderson continued her nice inside play, playing against taller and athletic players, in 36 minutes. Sierra Anderson played well. Schoening and Nicholson each had 8. I like to watch Stiles and Kick play, altho Kick got only 8 minutes, maybe all in the first half. 10 Griz played in first half, and only 8 in second half.

The crowd was good. The band and spirit squads were good. Hellgate dance team performed well at halftime. Think they are coached by a recent former UM dancer.

This team is much improved from last year. What could of been with the 2 injured seniors. Oh well. Hopefully, Logeran adds some depth in the post when she is eligible.

It is Klick. Nora Klick. With an "L". :)

PlayerRep said:

It is Johnston. McKenzie Johnston. With a 't.' :p

It is Lonergan. Caitlin Lonergan. With a 'nerg.' :p

Lonergan should be eligible to come back after xmas per a previous interview I heard with Shannon.

Look, I go to the games, and will provide some reports. You guys can correct the spelling. I only have so much time, and I will continue to put that time into the reports. That seems like a good division of labor to me.

PlayerRep said:
Look, I go to the games, and will provide some reports. You guys can correct the spelling. I only have so much time, and I will continue to put that time into the reports. That seems like a good division of labor to me.

:lol: I agree on that one. Although for the guys, you did spell Krslovic correctly! At least you were close on the spellings...not like you said Lorezo or something crazy. Good stuff, wish I lived in Missoula and could go to the games as well.

AZDoc said:
PlayerRep said:

:lol: I agree on that one. Although for the guys, you did spell Krslovic correctly! At least you were close on the spellings...not like you said Lorezo or something crazy. Good stuff, wish I lived in Missoula and could go to the games as well.

I happened to see Krsl's name and correct spelling, before I hit Send, and corrected the spelling. I was way off initially, and probably have been 50 times over the last 4 years. But, at least, some of these posters can feel that they are contributing something if I give them so names and words to correct.

Wish I had more people I enjoyed to sit with me at games. My wife is fairly knowledgeable, as her dad was a college basketball coach and our 5 kids played sports in high school and 3 did in college, but she doesn't go to many games and friends and clients only want to go some of the time. I love the games. In the 2 times in the past 10 years that both of the men's and women's conference tournament was in Missoula, I attended all of every single game. I brought 2 phones and a laptop, and worked between games, halftimes and sometimes at timeouts. Ate at the Skyclub. When my kids played high school basketball, I would often go to all of the sub-varsity games too. Couldn't get enough of it.

PlayerRep said:
AZDoc said:
PlayerRep said:

I happened to see Krsl's name and correct spelling, before I hit Send, and corrected the spelling. I was way off initially, and probably have been 50 times over the last 4 years. But, at least, some of these posters can feel that they are contributing something if I give them so names and words to correct.

Wish I had more people I enjoyed to sit with me at games. My wife is fairly knowledgeable, as her dad was a college basketball coach and our 5 kids played sports in high school and 3 did in college, but she doesn't go to many games and friends and clients only want to go some of the time. I love the games. In the 2 times in the past 10 years that both of the men's and women's conference tournament was in Missoula, I attended all of every single game. I brought 2 phones and a laptop, and worked between games, halftimes and sometimes at timeouts. Ate at the Skyclub. When my kids played high school basketball, I would often go to all of the sub-varsity games too. Couldn't get enough of it.

I’m excited for the tourney to come to boise. I’ll be there next year for sure. Maybe Reno this year...but will see

Back