• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Northridge vs. Griz.

Really intense and good game. Pridgett and Rory leading way in scoring. Everyone playing well. Unfortunately, Okah sat most of first have with 2 fouls. He can score and defend against these guys. All 10 Griz were in fairly early. Falls not suited up. Dorsey on bench with crutches. At end of half, the Big European guy got stuck in corner on a small guard. He bent his knees and defended the guy on multiple attempts to drive. The bench and crowd went wild.

North shooting 13-21, but have 11 turnovers. Griz outplaying then by a bit. Griz 15-30. Both teams good from the Line.

PlayerRep said:
At end of half, the Big European guy got stuck in corner on a small guard. He bent his knees and defended the guy on multiple attempts to drive. The bench and crowd went wild.

Saw Besovic there. Great one on one D!

WyomingGrizFan said:
Pridgett with 16 points in the first half? Am I reading that correctly.

Believe so. He's looked pretty good so far. Some wild drives resulted in turnovers but he is also great at getting to the line.

Paytonlives said:
I love the Griz...

But CSUN is getting homered.

There were 2 bad calls right in a row.

Looked liked 5th foul on Kryslovik was wrong, but I didn't have a great view.

The refs blew their whistles way too much, from the get-go.

GrizSteve said:
I stand corrected. 17 sec left starters out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We thought that was weird too. Nicholas didn't play.

This was the best game I've seen Rory play. He was outstanding. Shot very well. Had some great passes.

Griz shot much better from the line, including Akoh (5-8). Bobby couldn't make a 3 pointer (0-5), but still played well.

PlayerRep said:
GrizSteve said:

This was the best game I've seen Rory play. He was outstanding. Shot very well. Had some great passes.

Griz shot much better from the line, including Akoh (5-8). Bobby couldn't make a 3 pointer (0-5), but still played well.

On the post-game show, Riley Corcoran asked about Nicholas (who suited up but stayed on the bench) and Falls (street clothing at end of bench). DeCuire replied, "What's in shop stays in shop." Then he said, we love these guys, we love them all. They'll be ready to play Wednesday." (quote is not word-for-word, but pretty accurate).

grizzlyjournal said:
PlayerRep said:
GrizSteve said:

On the post-game show, Riley Corcoran asked about Nicholas (who suited up but stayed on the bench) and Falls (street clothing at end of bench). DeCuire replied, "What's in shop stays in shop." Then he said, we love these guys, we love them all. They'll be ready to play Wednesday." (quote is not word-for-word, but pretty accurate).

Interesting. Thx.

Back from the game: Ahmaad Rorie had a monster of a game. Fifty-six percent shooting, 3-of-4 from beyond the arc, five rebounds and two assists against one turnover. His second highest scoring game as a Griz with 27. He looked exhausted over the final five minutes (played 39). Despite that, the player that made the difference in the game... and penetrated the key enough to get Rorie his shots, was Pridgett. DeCuire said post game that he decided to move Sayeed back to the four (from the 2) where he played most of last season. He was overmatched a bit in height, but yanked 12 boards down, created havoc as a forward leading several fast breaks, and drove into the key at will against his larger defender for several pull-up jumpers and balanced, but acrobatic slant drives.Eight of 14 from the floor, 12 rebounds, four assists (kickouts to Rorie, mostly) two blocks & a steal against one turnover... 20 points on the night. Playing the four, he was a new high-post weapon for the Griz who, because of his quickness, very difficult to guard. Like the new look. If he plays that from hereon out, he'll probably take floor time away from Akoh and Krslovic. Moorehead continues to play monster D against taller opponents, but still cannot find the range on his treys; not close, going 0-5. Same with Oguine on outside shooting. But the Griz seem even stronger as a rebounding team with Pridgett in... combined with Oguine and Rorie, they accounted for 24 of Montana's 36 rebounds. Once again, Griz D forced turnovers (16 tonight) and with rebounding margin, had 8 more field goal attempts than CSUN. There seemed to be a bit of bad blood between Akoh and a couple of the CSUN players. Akoh played two seasons with Cal St. Fullerton (I think, off the top of my head). Finally, the Griz break 50% shooting from the field which, if they had shot that % against Stanford, or even come within 5%, they would have won going away. Eighty percent from the ft line.

But, perhaps the best sign for better things to come, was to see Donaven Dorsey, in Maroon warmups, hobbled & on two crutches... cheering from the end of the bench!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/937528742624206849[/tweet]

grizzlyjournal said:
Back from the game: Ahmaad Rorie had a monster of a game. Fifty-six percent shooting, 3-of-4 from beyond the arc, five rebounds and two assists against one turnover. His second highest scoring game as a Griz with 27. He looked exhausted over the final five minutes (played 39). Despite that, the player that made the difference in the game... and penetrated the key enough to get Rorie his shots, was Sayeed Pridgett. DeCuire said post game that he decided to move Sayeed back to the four -- from the 2 -- where he played most of last season. He was overmatched significantly in height, but yanked 12 boards down, created havoc as a forward leading several fast breaks, and drove into the key at will against his larger defender for several pull-up jumpers and balanced, but acrobatic slant drives.Eight of 14 from the floor, 12 rebounds, four assists (kickouts to Rorie, mostly) two blocks & a steal against one turnover... 20 points on the night. Playing the four, he was a new high-post weapon for the Griz who, because of his quickness, very difficult to guard. Like the new look. If he plays that from hereon out, he'll probably take floor time away from Akoh and Krslovic. Moorehead continues to play monster D against taller opponents, but still cannot find the range on his treys; not close, going 0-5. Same with Oguine on outside shooting. But the Griz seem even stronger as a rebounding team with Pridgett in... combined with Oguine and Rorie, they accounted for 24 of Montana's 36 rebounds. Once again, Griz D forced turnovers (16 tonight) and with rebounding margin, had 8 more field goal attempts than CSUN. There seemed to be a bit of bad blood between Akoh and a couple of the CSUN players. Akoh played two seasons with Cal St. Fullerton (I think, off the top of my head). Finally, the Griz break 50% shooting from the field which, if they had shot that % against Stanford, or even come within 5%, they would have won going away. Eighty percent from the ft line.

But, perhaps the best sign for better things to come, was to see Donaven Dorsey, in Maroon warmups, hobbled & on two crutches... cheering from the end of the bench!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/937528742624206849[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/937547645542809600[/tweet]

Back