• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dance Team Needs Financial Support to Get to Reno

PlayerRep

The UM Dance Team is trying to raise $6,000 to go to the Reno tournament. The athletic department doesn’t have the trip in the budget, like they didn’t for the band to go to the Griz-Cat game. The team is over halfway to its goal. They need the funds by this coming Wednesday. I am helping them raise the funds. They have a GoFundMe page (see below link), and deductible donations can be made to the UM Foundation with UM Dance Team written in the check memo line. Those donations should be sent or delivered to Stacey Roichards, at the UM athletic department office. Stacey sits at the front desk. {Spirit Squad Director Stacey Richards at (406) 243-5348; [email protected]

I think they will get to their goal, but time is short and a bit of support from some egrizzers would be helpful. With the men’s and women’s teams so strong this year, it would be unfortunate if the Griz didn’t have the Dance Team in Reno. It’s a very nice and talented group of young women, and they are deserving of getting the reward of getting to the conference tourney, given all their hard work (which no longer gets them any scholarship money at all, like it once did). Thanks.

https://www.gofundme.com/UMDanceteam

fanofzoo said:
I will drive them there or where ever.

Since the band isn't going this year, and there are only 12 dancers who will go, they will fly this year--assuming they raise the funds. Think the dance team and band went on a bus last year.

P.S. Can I ride with you if you drive them?

Their deadline to raise enough funds is tomorrow, Wednesday. Rorie's mom said she would donate. If you don't donate, you don't get invited to my dance team party. Ha.

If push comes to shove there's always the good ole thumb method out on the highway. :thumb: :thumb:

Back