• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Yo, Michigan Fans!

citygriz

A school always reveals its character by the fans who come on our board to post. We've had trash-talkers, bozos, self-styled humorists and assorted other low-lifes, but you guys have been great--polite, articulate, curious and above all, knowledgeable. Should you upset us tonight--that is, me--I will be pulling for you to make a good long run, not only because of your contributions to this board, but because your school lacks that dreaded designation, "State."

citay said:
A school always reveals its character by the fans who come on our board to post. We've had trash-talkers, bozos, self-styled humorists and assorted other low-lifes, but you guys have been great--polite, articulate, curious and above all, knowledgeable. Should you upset us tonight--that is, me--I will be pulling for you to make a good long run, not only because of your contributions to this board, but because your school lacks that dreaded designation, "State."

Agreed 100%. Definitely think they've got some good fans on here. That's what makes a fan board something to enjoy...not some of the other crap on here recently. Thank you! :thumb:

...one faak michigan..and one fcuk michigan...
...went to bed feeling guily both times...
...now it's time to take the gloves off...

... :punch: ...

alabamagrizzly said:
fanofzoo said:
Sorry michigan still a Woody fan.

Nobody threw a throat punch like good ol Woody!

:) I attended the game where Woody went nuts and ripped the plastic off the sideline markers and tried to spear an official with it. His own players and coaches had to pull him back to the sideline, he got loose again, went after the official, then picked up the penalty flag thrown at him and tossed it into the stands. Woody had to fly back early from one of the Rose Bowl games because he had been charged with assault and battery for throwing a punch at one person and accidentally hitting another.

That was a different time. I attended a hoops game where Bobby Knight threw a big gulp type soda at me, hit me right in the chest.

One of my best friends is an Ohio State alum, ex-athlete, and he loves Woody. He and I attended the OSU vs Michigan game that was played on the one year anniversary of Bo Schembechler's death. UM set up a tribute to Bo in one of the libraries and in one section they had a film playing of Bo's players, coaches, and opponents talking about him. When the film showed Woody and the famous punch my friend spouted his usual line thatg his diabetes was out of control and that's why he lost his temper. An elderly couple was sitting a couple of rows ahead of us and the man jumped up and put my friend in his place. The old gent had coached with Woody at OSU, said he brought the offense (or defense, don't quite remember) from Army and taught it to Woody. He said Woody hit his own players all the time, grabbed their facemasks and jerked their heads around, was generally out of control. No medical excuses needed.

Now people complain about coaches cussing, need safe places so their feelings aren't hurt. Softies.

laservet said:
alabamagrizzly said:
fanofzoo said:
Sorry michigan still a Woody fan.

Nobody threw a throat punch like good ol Woody!

:) I attended the game where Woody went nuts and ripped the plastic off the sideline markers and tried to spear an official with it. His own players and coaches had to pull him back to the sideline, he got loose again, went after the official, then picked up the penalty flag thrown at him and tossed it into the stands. Woody had to fly back early from one of the Rose Bowl games because he had been charged with assault and battery for throwing a punch at one person and accidentally hitting another.

That was a different time. I attended a hoops game where Bobby Knight threw a big gulp type soda at me, hit me right in the chest.

One of my best friends is an Ohio State alum, ex-athlete, and he loves Woody. He and I attended the OSU vs Michigan game that was played on the one year anniversary of Bo Schembechler's death. UM set up a tribute to Bo in one of the libraries and in one section they had a film playing of Bo's players, coaches, and opponents talking about him. When the film showed Woody and the famous punch my friend spouted his usual line thatg his diabetes was out of control and that's why he lost his temper. An elderly couple was sitting a couple of rows ahead of us and the man jumped up and put my friend in his place. The old gent had coached with Woody at OSU, said he brought the offense (or defense, don't quite remember) from Army and taught it to Woody. He said Woody hit his own players all the time, grabbed their facemasks and jerked their heads around, was generally out of control. No medical excuses needed.

Now people complain about coaches cussing, need safe places so their feelings aren't hurt. Softies.

Good stuff there. Woody would probably be incarcerated today for antics like that. Times have definitely changed.

I'm still in Wichita. Catching the two games tomorrow. Ran into several Michigan fans today. They all said something to the effect of "Man you guys scared the shit out of us yesterday". Very complimentary of our team and coach. Also said that Ahmad Rorie was recruited heavily by Michigan out of high school.

WaGriz4life said:
I'm still in Wichita. Catching the two games tomorrow. Ran into several Michigan fans today. They all said something to the effect of "Man you guys scared the shit out of us yesterday". Very complimentary of our team and coach. Also said that Ahmad Rorie was recruited heavily by Michigan out of high school.

Assume you scored some tiks. Huge fun hanging with you yesterday. Thanks for being good to my son. My day was Wichita to Houston to Denver to Missoula to work, to Big Sky. Getting close to bed time now.

PlayerRep said:
WaGriz4life said:

Assume you scored some tiks. Huge fun hanging with you yesterday. Thanks for being good to my son. My day was Wichita to Houston to Denver to Missoula to work, to Big Sky. Getting close to bed time now.
Thanks it was great hanging out with you too. Your son is a good guy. We will get together again this fall when I come up to Missoula.

Back