• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Decuire Contract

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Does anyone know the current terms of TD's contract and time frame? Can it be renegotiated at any time? In other words, can Haslam get him locked up for another 3 years in a hurry with more money than any other Big Sky coach? He's worth every penny.

HookedonGriz said:
Does anyone know the current terms of TD's contract and time frame? Can it be renegotiated at any time? In other words, can Haslam get him locked up for another 3 years in a hurry with more money than any other Big Sky coach? He's worth every penny.

I too am hoping our basketball coach has his contract "renegotiated"....though not likely in the same way you're hoping to renegotiate at UM...

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:

I too am hoping our basketball coach has his contract "renegotiated"....though not likely in the same way you're hoping to renegotiate at UM...

I don't blame you a bit. There's no doubt in my mind Fish lost that team entirely. I see Tyler Hall took down any Cats pics and background on twitter as well. I'm guessing that may not be a good sign.

HookedonGriz said:
ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:

I don't blame you a bit. There's no doubt in my mind Fish lost that team entirely. I see Tyler Hall took down any Cats pics and background on twitter as well. I'm guessing that may not be a good sign.
Yikes

I think Randy Rahe makes 350k per year at Weber. So we would have to triple Travis salary, which needs to happen but probably won't unless big donors step up

Keep in mind, even if we could come up with the cash for DeCuire . The BOR would have to approve it, any pay Fish, or whoever their coach is, a similar contract. It totally sucks to be tied to the Cats in every way.

mtgrizrule said:
Keep in mind, even if we could come up with the cash for DeCuire . The BOR would have to approve it, any pay Fish, or whoever their coach is, a similar contract. It totally sucks to be tied to the Cats in every way.

I'd guess that only applies to base salary.
Do you think Bodnar deserved the same as Cruzado?

Spanky2 said:
Rule-you used to be a dual fan. Did you see the light?

Damn, you sure know how to stretch things. I said I root for the Montana born players, regardless of what school they play for. Yes, there are times I root for the Cats against other Big Sky teams, if a Cat win will benefit the GRIZ in the standings. Other than that, I cannot stand the Cats, or how the schools are attached at the hip seemingly.

mtgrizrule said:
Spanky2 said:
Rule-you used to be a dual fan. Did you see the light?

Damn, you sure know how to stretch things. I said I root for the Montana born players, regardless of what school they play for. Yes, there are times I root for the Cats against other Big Sky teams, if a Cat win will benefit the GRIZ in the standings. Other than that, I cannot stand the Cats, or how the schools are attached at the hip seemingly.
I know you are a solid Griz fan, Rule. I enjoy your posts, especially basketball.

KoolMoeDee said:
mtgrizrule said:

I'd guess that only applies to base salary.
Do you think Bodnar deserved the same as Cruzado?
You are probably right. No way they could cap how much Decuire is allowed to make.

UM needs to step up and put its best foot forward to keep Travis. He's done more to effectively market the UM brand than anyone else who's currently on staff.

was reading article about Utah St. and their coach search--TD was mentioned but along with 12 others, so the reality about $$$ becomes a fear already??? NO TD don't go...damn it!

rainbear14 said:
was reading article about Utah St. and their coach search--TD was mentioned but along with 12 others, so the reality about $$$ becomes a fear already??? NO TD don't go...damn it!

I don't see him and Utah St fitting one another. Especially when DeCuire could have a nationally impactful season at Montana next season. His stock is likely to go up significantly next season.

From what I can find, the base salary at USU is 279,000. So not that great. I think TD has a bigger vision for his current program and would not leave for USU for that salary. If a much bigger salary were offered I wouldnt blame him a bit for leaving though I would be very disappointed.

cmtgrizzly said:
From what I can find, the base salary at USU is 279,000. So not that great. I think TD has a bigger vision for his current program and would not leave for USU for that salary. If a much bigger salary were offered I wouldnt blame him a bit for leaving though I would be very disappointed.

As much as I like TC, I think he still has to prove that he can sustain a winning program at the top of the BSC before he will get serious offers. I doubt he would be at the top portion of USU's list at this point. Not a knock on TC at all. If he can win a tourney game, he will be in higher demand and maybe even get some high major offers.

Sam A. Blitz said:
cmtgrizzly said:

As much as I like TC, I think he still has to prove that he can sustain a winning program at the top of the BSC before he will get serious offers. I doubt he would be at the top portion of USU's list at this point. Not a knock on TC at all. If he can win a tourney game, he will be in higher demand and maybe even get some high major offers.

I agree 100%. I said something similar in a past thread. Even if we are wrong and he is getting more attention than we expect, possibly due to coaching shake-up with the potential NCAA violations, I dont think USU is going to be his destination.

mtgrizrule said:

We feel the same way about the griz academically...Hate that the CATS have to be tied to your failing school...

SACCAT66 said:
mtgrizrule said:

We feel the same way about the griz academically...Hate that the CATS have to be tied to your failing school...

As a student who graduates this May... TRUE ON BOTH COUNTS

Back