• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Painful to Watch ...

IdaGriz01

... the Kentucky vs K-State game. At the half (KSU leads 33-29), the refs have called 26 fouls. But it's not that the zebras are whistle-happy (well, not entirely), it's because the game really is a foul-fest. Mostly by K-State (16 on them) as their much smaller lineup tries to disrupt (so far, fairly successfully) the offense of the Kentucky bigs. Remains to be seen if they can keep it up. At the half, they have three guys carrying three fouls and two with two.

Wow. A total of 47 fouls (26 KSU, 19 UK) with 3 min to go. And the refs could have probably call more than that.

Gaeilge1 said:
Yeah, not very pretty but entertaining nonetheless.

Michigan sure looked good tonight!
A total of 51 fouls called. But K-State's strategy worked, even though they had a bunch of guys foul out. They kept Kentucky off balance all the way. Basically, UK lost it at the foul line ... going 23 of 37 (62%). I really don't understand why Calipari had Washington on the floor late. Yes, he had a goodly number of rebounds, but he was 8 of 20 from the foul line (some on one-and-ones). He hits even 12 of 20 (a crappy 60%) and they win the game. On the other hand, I'm perfectly happy that that bunch one-and-dones (they think) are gone from the Dance.

Yes, Michigan looked awesome today.

Sadly, looks like Gonzaga is about to be out too.

This has certainly been an unpredictable tournament, and that is what has made it so much fun! Certainly glad I'm not a gamblin man!

IdaGriz01 said:
Gaeilge1 said:
Yeah, not very pretty but entertaining nonetheless.

Michigan sure looked good tonight!
A total of 51 fouls called. But K-State's strategy worked, even though they had a bunch of guys foul out. They kept Kentucky off balance all the way. Basically, UK lost it at the foul line ... going 23 of 37 (62%). I really don't understand why Calipari had Washington on the floor late. Yes, he had a goodly number of rebounds, but he was 8 of 20 from the foul line (some on one-and-ones). He hits even 12 of 20 (a crappy 60%) and they win the game. On the other hand, I'm perfectly happy that that bunch one-and-dones (they think) are gone from the Dance.

Yes, Michigan looked awesome today.

Sadly, looks like Gonzaga is about to be out too.

Agreed, they were going to make Washington shoot free throws all night, the same philosophy that won Jimmy V a national championship.

Back