• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt Cleaning House?

UMGriz75 said:
I'd say, "let it go" AZ. The whole purpose of "accounting" is to match expenditures with revenue and to do that, you need to budget. You first argued that "benefits" were included in the $300,000 then finally conceded they are outside the contract. Then you claimed that the performance payments are "bonuses" and don't need to be budgeted.

Dude: YOU first argued benefits were included in the $300,000. You are the biggest revisionist historian I've ever seen. It's in fucking black and white that YOU said it. YOU said he was paid $300,000 repeatedly when he wasn't paid even REMOTELY close to that.

You are a real piece of work.

AZGrizFan said:
Dude: YOU first argued benefits were included in the $300,000. You are the biggest revisionist historian I've ever seen. It's in f***[*] black and white that YOU said it. YOU said he was paid $300,000 repeatedly when he wasn't paid even REMOTELY close to that.

You are. I said specifically he was a "$300,000 coach." You dug up the quote. He performs all his metrics, he "gets paid $300,000." Why that has become such a point of contention is unfathomable.

The fact is, if Bob Stitt performs all the metrics he is both a "$300,000 coach" and he "gets paid" an actual $300,000. Which part of that bothers you so mightily?

It is a $300,000 contract. That's "black and white." That's what the numbers specifically add up to.

Nowhere did I say he "was paid" $300,000 "last year," nor did I claim anywhere that all the metrics were met "last year." That's simply a lie.

WTF is the matter with you?

Now, let's back up, just for curiosity. What do you claim he was paid last year, and include all of the camp fees, endorsements and promotionals. What's the number? Can we use that one so you can sleep at night? Even if its more than $300,000? Or will that set you off a new shooting spree?

And why is the number $300,000 -- obviously referring to a tangible, defined amount of money outlined in his contract -- such a big deal to you? The number was not "made up." It references the specific total in the contract.

Would you be hunky happy if I said he was a $200,000 a year coach, even though he can earn $300,000 a year under the contract? Would that "do" something for you? Why?

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dude: YOU first argued benefits were included in the $300,000. You are the biggest revisionist historian I've ever seen. It's in f***[*] black and white that YOU said it. YOU said he was paid $300,000 repeatedly when he wasn't paid even REMOTELY close to that.

You are. I said specifically he was a "$300,000 coach." You dug up the quote. He performs all his metrics, he "gets paid $300,000." Why that has become such a point of contention is unfathomable.

Nowhere did I say he "was paid" $300,000 "last year," nor did I claim anywhere that all the metrics were met "last year." That's simply a lie.
Here he starts out as a $300,000 coach:
UMGriz75 said:
The kids are the only ones making sacrifices on this team -- the $300,000 coach isn't.
Next post by you though, he turns into a coach that is getting paid $300,000:
UMGriz75 said:
I really don't consider getting paid $300,000 a year a "sacrifice" in the usual sense. Every day that I go to work I "sacrifice" time with my kids. I guess we all "sacrifice" every day; victims of society, right? It's the part of the "victim culture" that I detest, that even the ones that profit mightily are just "victims," -- forced, mind you, against their will, to make sacrifices, forced to accept those big paychecks, those nice PERS plans, just one sacrifice after another -- we're all victims, victims, victims.
Next quote from you it's now $300,000 per year plus perks:
UMGriz75 said:
Do you read yourself? A life-changing concussion and losing your scholarship is a "sacrifice" equivalent to missing a dance recital, at $300,000 per year plus perks?
Then I asked:
AZGrizFan said:
What does $300,000/year have to do with it? Your wealth envy is showing. Badly.
And you respond again with a post about a coach who's being paid $300,000/year:
UMGriz75 said:
Please. Don't be trite. When someone talks of a coach "sacrificing" and being paid $300,000 a year for doing so, and trying to compare that to a life-changing concussion(s) suffered by a player on behalf of the team, and losing a scholarship for the privilege, I think you and several others have a dam twisted idea of the meaning of "sacrifice."
Then here's where you include benefits as part of salary (which you later deny ever doing):
UMGriz75 said:
This is rich. We are talking about athletes whose "risk" includes life altering injuries and you people are arguing whether the coach gets a tax deduction or not. As a point, if insurance pays income as part of a disability, that income is taxable. So yes its a benefit and counts as a salary.
Now you question whether he is sacrificing by making $300,000/year:
UMGriz75 said:
I don't "feel" anything about his salary, except that he gets it. But, by making it the point, are you claiming that Stitt is "sacrificing" at $300,000 a year? How does that compare, in your world, to a concussion?
Now he's back to being a "coaching being paid $300,000":
UMGriz75 said:
It's not an "issue." It's a fact. It's a "fact" as in the "sacrifice" of a coach being paid $300,000 is a substantially different "sacrifice" compared to a kid losing his scholarship or getting a concussion that may affect his whole life.
And finally stating that you fully believe he will earn $300,000 next year:
UMGriz75 said:
Are you suggesting that Bob Stitt is not capable of fully performing his contract? I think he can. Therefore I think he earns $300,000 next year. Why do you think he can't?

You know, for a guy who posted this much earlier in the debate:
UMGriz75 said:
You do realize that you have abandoned what was said, fabricated a different conversation entirely, built a straw man and set it afire.

Try honesty. It works.

You really ought to try some of your own advice. I realize its difficult when you talk in circles like you do to keep all the lies and half truths straight, but it's all there in black and white.

And with that, I am O.U.T.

Walking through the 2015 contract year:

Base pay: $178,500
Auto: $6,000
Camps: $45,000
Media: $40,000
Athletic Products: 0
Consulting: 0
Grade Incentive: 3,000
APR: 0
Graduation rate: 5,000
APR O/2: 1,000
Season att: 5,000
UM/GSA: 15,000
Coach of the Year: 0
Defeat FCS qualifier: 5,000
Defeat FBS: 0
10 wins: 0
Qualify for playoff: 5,000
Advance to 2nd round:2,5000

Total contract compensation, 2015: $311,000

Camps are estimated from settlement claims by Robin Pflugrad, probably higher now
Media contracts based on Hauck's media contract amounts, probably higher now.
Don't know about "consulting" income, and don't know about athletic product endorsements so those are entered as "$0."

There you have it. I was too low.

This compensation is likely significantly understated because of lack of some information entered as $0 or based on older pay levels. For instance, Rob Ash's most recent contract as reported:
With each incentive achieved a year ago, Ash earned $298,538 in the last fiscal year. The maximum Ash can earn if he achieves each and every one of his bonuses is $446,038.
This was written before the recent employee pay raise, and so, with that pay raise, Ash would have earned just about exactly the $300,000 attributable to Stitt under the similar contracts.

To claim that Stitt is a "$300,000 coach" is well supported. He likely was paid well in excess of that last year.

hashtag-burn-neil-patrick-harris.gif

So, let me get this straight: after all your blustering and denial, 10 full pages of diatribes and denial and spinning like a top, now you're changing your tune once again and actually officially claiming that he did, in fact, make $300k? OVER $300k?

That is RICH. You were right before you were wrong before you were right?

Seriously, you can not make this shit up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now this thread has officially jumped the shark. Well done. Seriously. Could NOT have done this without you.

AZGrizFan said:
UMGriz75 said:
signedbewildered said:
Blah blah blah. Those players maybe aren't giving it everything they got or there just isn't a spot for them on this particular team based on their abilities, intelligence, character or will power. That doesn't mean the coach is a jerk and doesn't care about the players it means he is doing the job he was hired to do. Get over it.
Wow, those poor dam dum players and their lack of abilities, intelligence, character and will power. Some on this board have become so "anti-player" it is disgusting. The kids are the only ones making sacrifices on this team -- the $300,000 coach isn't. Give the players at least some respect. If this was the NFL and these kids were vying for million dollar playing contracts, that would be one thing, and if the coach was hired to be an NFL coach, that would be too.

But, they're not.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DB_Griz11/status/674302412383891456[/tweet]

And here's 75's ORIGINAL post that started the debate. CLEARLY calling Stitt the $300,000 coach. 75, you were wrong, you KNOW you were wrong, and you will ADMIT you were wrong or you can get the hell off my thread. :cya: :rule: :wtf: :whocares: :liar:

Did I do that right, CDA? :D

Wow. Mucho hyperbole and huffing and puffing on both sides. There is a pretty simple answer here. Which is that Stitt is just trimming the crappy Delaney recruits.....Delaney was the problem, not Stitt....

AZGrizFan said:
So, let me get this straight: after all your blustering and denial, 10 full pages of diatribes and denial and spinning like a top, now you're changing your tune once again and actually officially claiming that he did, in fact, make $300k? OVER $300k?

That is RICH. You were right before you were wrong before you were right?

Seriously, you can not make this shit up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now this thread has officially jumped the shark. Well done. Seriously. Could NOT have done this without you.
"Blustering and denial?" You have some balls. Are you now trying to claim I DENIED he was a "$300,000 coach"? Sorry, that was the whole 10 page point of your braggadocio and bluster.

I am sorry your bluster caught up with you. I said he was a $300,000 a year coach. You're the one that threw a fit about it, went hither and yon, tried to argue bizarre crap, and BearAxed was the one that claimed it was all a "fuc****" Lie, just as your original diatribe called me a "liar" for referring to Stitt as a $300,000 coach.

Remember?
And here's 75's ORIGINAL post that started the debate. CLEARLY calling Stitt the $300,000 coach. 75, you were wrong, you KNOW you were wrong, and you will ADMIT you were wrong
And remember, you even tried to use cute little emoticons to call me a liar?
:cya: :rule: :wtf: :whocares: :liar:
So, what was the "debate" about, then?

Why did either of you decide to impale yourselves on this stupid denial? I've run across argumentative people, but you two take the cake. Bluster, anger, name-calling, you just couldn't let the point rest, could you? My passing reference was really a big deal for you, wasn't it? You NEEDED to make an issue of this, didn't you?

I don't think either one of you understood Stitt's contract; and because you didn't it became instead a mindless vendetta pursued for hours on end as you did today to look up every post I ever made that referred to a "$300,000 coach," and a "coach getting paid $300,000" just to make sure the whole world knew that I had in fact referred to a "$300,000 coach" and a "coach getting paid $300,000." Joke's on you, isn't it?

Now you're trying to back out of all the things you just got done accusing me of saying? After all that time you took to repost my comments just to prove I said it? Seriously? Just because what I said is in fact true? Geez, you know, bluster some more about a "$300,000 coach." The psychotic entertainment value alone is worth $300,000.

Name calling? That's also rich, coming from you.

Frog legs? Meet lightening rod. Again.

Like shootin' fish in a barrel.

AZGrizFan said:
Actually, my sin to you was obviously in referring to Stitt as a "$300,000 coach" at which point you blew up, went nuts, and called me a liar, among other things. It was a bad start to a ridiculous ten pages of your diatribes and repeated insults and name-calling on your ridiculous claims.

You made an idiot out of yourself. That's not name-calling. That's taxonomy.

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Actually, my sin to you was obviously in referring to Stitt as a "$300,000 coach" at which point you called me a liar, among other things. It was a bad start to a ridiculous ten pages of your diatribes and repeated insults and name-calling on your ridiculous claims.

You made an idiot out of yourself. That's not name-calling. That's taxonomy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just go back through this thread and see how many times you called someone a liar or an idiot. It's really quite entertaining watching you implode repeatedly.

Again, thanks for the entertainment.

AZGrizFan said:
Just go back through this thread and see how many times you called someone a liar or an idiot. It's really quite entertaining watching you implode repeatedly.

When its true, its true. Calling someone a liar, and then caught being the liar, now that takes some audacity.

Then trying to pretend as you now are, that you weren't the one that imploded with all of your emoticons, and big letters and exaggerated denials over ten pages, it is a nice demonstration of a weasel, having trapped himself, and pretending nothing happened.

How much time did you spend today looking up every reference I ever made to Stitt being a "$300,000 coach?" Just to make sure everyone knew that I had said it. An hour? Two hours? That's some project when you are that motivated to waste your own and everyone else's time. You have to be pretty invested in yourself to make that kind of time commitment on something so stupid.

The fact is, you wasted ten or more pages because, simply, you didn't know what you were talking about. :roll:

Now, why don't you put this disturbing episode of demonstrating your ignorance for all to see behind you, grow up, and move on?

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:

When its true, its true. Calling someone a liar, and then caught being the liar, now that takes some audacity.

Then trying to pretend as you now are, that you weren't the one that imploded with all of your emoticons, and big letters and exaggerated denials over ten pages, it is a nice demonstration of a weasel, having trapped himself, and pretending nothing happened.

How much time did you spend today looking up every reference I ever made to Stitt being a "$300,000 coach?" Just to make sure everyone knew that I had said it. An hour? Two hours? That's some project when you are that motivated to waste your own and everyone else's time. You have to be pretty invested in yourself to make that kind of time commitment on something so stupid.

The fact is, you wasted ten or more pages because, simply, you didn't know what you were talking about. :roll:

Now, why don't you put this disturbing episode of demonstrating your ignorance for all to see behind you, grow up, and move on?

I'm an educated man. Took about 7 minutes. :thumb: It's called the "search' function. Look into it.
Thanks for your concern though, little buddy.

AZGrizFan said:
I'm an educated man. Took about 7 minutes. :thumb: It's called the "search' function. Look into it. Thanks for your concern though, little buddy.
Wow, it only took seven minutes to make yourself look ridiculous? You must have experience to be that efficient. :thumb:

Seems like you might have employed that education to actually read Stitt's contract and add up the numbers before making fevered denunciations about a "$300,000 coach."

You know, just like I did.

Using the "search" function. :lol:

UMGriz75 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'm an educated man. Took about 7 minutes. :thumb: It's called the "search' function. Look into it. Thanks for your concern though, little buddy.
Wow, it only took seven minutes to make yourself look ridiculous? You must have experience to be that efficient. :thumb:

Seems like you might have employed that education to actually read Stitt's contract and add up the numbers before making fevered denunciations about a "$300,000 coach."

You know, just like I did.

Using the "search" function. :lol:

Technology is amazing isn't it?
Goodnight, Gracie.

Back