• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I wish UM would send a cease and desist

MrMischief

Whenever I wear any piece of Griz gear or someone spots the sticker on my Jeep I always get asked "Is that a Griz hat/shirt/sticker?" Yes it is "Oh man I love that guy! He's got the best music..."

Some twat DJ / EDM guy calls himself Griz and (imo at least) ripped off the Montana Griz font and style to repurpose it as his own advertising. It just annoys me. I can't go into Chipotle here in Denver with my hat on without some annoying millennial thinking they can bond with me about forgettable music that is sold as a lifestyle rather than as having any kind of actual musical qualities.

Here is his logo, I'm probably wrong some lawyer will say it's different enough. I've taken to telling his fans that it's just evidence the dude never had an original thought or idea in his head and by the way can I get the hot salsa on my burrito.

griz_logo.png

Wow. I've never even heard of the guy.

And yes, they are pretty similar. Have you contacted Kent about this? UM -- as they should be -- are rather protective of their brand and official logos.

Crazy someone brought this up. I was wearing a Griz shirt in Central Park this summer, and a girl stopped me and said "I love the Griz" It was the night of the Saint Francis game, and I literally had a five minute convo with here, me talking about Griz football and her responding, and the whole time, she was talking about this dude. She kept bringing up Denver too, and it hit me we weren't talking about the same thing. LOL

Back