• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pearl Jam and Jeff Ament

Proud Griz Man

DONOR
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Pearl Jam played scorched-earth versions of three hits from the 1990s during their set at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony at Brooklyn's Barclays Center on Friday night. This is the first year that Pearl Jam are eligible for the Rock Hall. Along with Tupac, also inducted (posthumously) on Friday, Pearl Jam are the first members of the Hall who began their recording careers in the 1990s. However, not all members of Pearl Jam made it into the Rock Hall. Vedder, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard and McCready were inducted, but that core unit has played with multiple drummers since the band's inception, and only two of those percussionists were inducted: Cameron, former drummer of Soundgarden, who joined Pearl Jam in 1998, and Krusen, who played on the group's debut album. Dave Abbruzzese, who drummed on Vs. and Vitalogy, objected to his snub in a post on Facebook. "I have always thought that every award given to a band that celebrates the band's lifetime achievements should be awarded to every person that was ever a debt-incurring, life-sacrificing, blood-spilling member of that band," he wrote. "Maybe the Hall should reevaluate the need to put all the monkeys in the same cage in order to boost revenue, and instead let the history of the band be fully and completely represented as they were and as they are," he added.

Birth name
Jeffrey Allen Ament

Also known as
Al Nostreet

Born
March 10, 1963 (age 54)
Havre, Montana, United States

Genres
Alternative rock, grunge, hardcore punk, hard rock, heavy metal, experimental rock, glam metal (early)

Occupation(s)
Musician, songwriter

Instruments
Bass guitar, double bass, vocals, guitar, percussion, keyboards, chapman stick

Years active
1981–present

Labels
Monkeywrench, Homestead, Sub Pop, Stardog, Mercury, A&M, Epic, J

Associated acts
Pearl Jam, Green River, Mother Love Bone, War Babies, Temple of the Dog, Three Fish, Derranged Diction, RNDM

Notable instruments

Fender Precision Bass, Fender Jazz Bass

Congrats to Pearl Jam and Jeff... I grew up in the West Puget Sound, and in HS, they were one of my go-to bands... Pearl Jam was good enough to me that I do believe their debut "Ten" was the only CD I ever bought 3 times... Several Metallica CD's are tied for 2 times...

(When CD's still existed, and people literally broke windows to steal said CD's)

I have run into Jeff at many Griz games. Will always say hello, seems like a good guy

Back