• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM Name Change?

Just got back from a few days at my buddies place outside of East Glacier. Good times but a never ending windy cocksucker. On my way home, stopped in Ronan for a grip of PBR and decided to take the "shortcut" to my place. The back road (Irvine Flats) to Hot Springs is a cool drive and is one of those roads that begs you to sip on a cold one...so I did. Here's a pic from Buffalo Bridge looking downstream on the Flathead River. She's high right now but the fishing should be stellar in 4 to 6 weeks.

Snap, was up in Plains all day Friday looking at land "around" the area. Flathead was looking good and it was amazingly clean and high right now. I think you nailed the time frame for the fishing.

We didn't catch any pike but we had a few PBRs trying :thumb:

Last I checked the Flathead at the Perma gauge was running around 18000 cfs. The Clark Fork at Plains was almost 28000. Thumping through there pretty good but like you said, still blue and clear. Hoping we get a string of hot days soon to get peak runoff out of the way and then great fishing for about 6 consecutive months.

"we didn't catch any pike but we had a few PBRs trying". I will be stealing this phrase from you and using it often.

Alpha. You see anything interesting on your property tour? Prices still seem to be pretty reasonable around here. I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know what I hear. Oh, and you probably already know this, but Quinn's Hot Springs makes a mean bacon cheeseburger.

snap said:
Last I checked the Flathead at the Perma gauge was running around 18000 cfs. The Clark Fork at Plains was almost 28000. Thumping through there pretty good but like you said, still blue and clear. Hoping we get a string of hot days soon to get peak runoff out of the way and then great fishing for about 6 consecutive months.

"we didn't catch any pike but we had a few PBRs trying". I will be stealing this phrase from you and using it often.
Permission granted we should make shirts! :thumb:

Saw some interesting parcels but couldn't find the one I really wanted to look at, riverfront between Plains and T Falls.

6 months of fishing up there is about the best things about MT.

Other than that it is really racist, taxes are high and the people are mean.......tell all your friends. :cool:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
snap said:

Saw some interesting parcels but couldn't find the one I really wanted to look at, riverfront between Plains and T Falls.

Other than that it is really racist, taxes are high and the people are mean.......tell all your friends. :cool:

I like the shirt idea. Maybe we could tie it in with the "Game Day Diaper" idea we've been kicking around.

That Plains to T Falls stretch of river is as good as it gets. There are very large pike through that whole 20-25 mile run and the smallmouth bite through there is epic. Plus, the cliff bands and rock islands make that float way more interesting than the flats from Dixon to Paradise.

As far as the racists, high taxes and assholes that live in this area? Yep, it's pretty bad. Almost too much to put up with...almost. :thumb:

Let me know when you'll be back in the area. we've got some catching up to do.

snap said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
snap said:

I like the shirt idea. Maybe we could tie it in with the "Game Day Diaper" idea we've been kicking around.

That Plains to T Falls stretch of river is as good as it gets. There are very large pike through that whole 20-25 mile run and the smallmouth bite through there is epic. Plus, the cliff bands and rock islands make that float way more interesting than the flats from Dixon to Paradise.

As far as the racists, high taxes and assholes that live in this area? Yep, it's pretty bad. Almost too much to put up with...almost. :thumb:

Let me know when you'll be back in the area. we've got some catching up to do.

I still have a warehouse full of these that I would let go for a song: I was just going to donate them to the business school as an example of over-estimating your market.

Ursa you son of a bitch. :lol:

people may wonder how we're gonna make any money by donating the shirts to the business school. The answer is simple...volume.

Back