• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cafe Rio

Hammer

DONOR
Any good? Heard its fantastic but just wanted to hear other reviews before trying it.

It is OK. Their big deal is they make the tortilla's in front of you. I prefer Qdoba for that type of food, or Taco del Sol for just burritos.

grizpack said:
It is OK. Their big deal is they make the tortilla's in front of you. I prefer Qdoba for that type of food, or Taco del Sol for just burritos.

TDS is the worst burrito in town, IMO.

Skip it, as anyone who has ever eaten "great" Mexican food then you know that this is not one of them. As far as in Missoula there isn't any decent Mexican food period.

polsongrizz said:
Skip it, as anyone who has ever eaten "great" Mexican food then you know that this is not one of them. As far as in Missoula there isn't any decent Mexican food period.

Man you are a finicky old F@#K!!!!! :thumb:

Yes I have had great Mexican food. Its called Taco Johns!

I took a native of San Diego (which I think might as well be Mexico) to Taco del Sol on Higgins a while back and he actually thought it held its own. That said, he's more of a surfer who gets "amped about a bomb-ass carnitas spread," so who knows . . .

Taco Tuesday $1.50. Pulled pork tacos are very good...They need to serve beer however. Strawberry lemonade is outstanding...this is the Great Falls location...The best mexican here is En Jalisco's. Not a fan of taco johns or taco bell.

Hammer said:
polsongrizz said:

I am and I have earned it. :D I used to be stationed in Southern Ca and Az. I have lived in New Mexico. I have also gone to cooking school in Puebla Mx. I have a good idea of decent Mexican food. We don't have any. If you have actually eaten the real thing you would know exactly what I mean. Hell just take a trip to Tri-Cities or Moses Lake. :thumb:

polsongrizz said:
Hammer said:
polsongrizz said:

I am and I have earned it. :D I used to be stationed in Southern Ca and Az. I have lived in New Mexico. I have also gone to cooking school in Puebla Mx. I have a good idea of decent Mexican food. We don't have any. If you have actually eaten the real thing you would know exactly what I mean. Hell just take a trip to Tri-Cities or Moses Lake. :thumb:

I used to love those Swanson Mexican tv dinners when I was a kid LOL!!!!

polsongrizz said:

Hey, if not having our state overrun by drug cartels means we only have mediocre Mexican food, then so be it.

BTW, give Karmadillos or Emilianos a try next time you're in Helena. :thumb:

Back