• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2015 Gun Thread

Wow, thank you for your input everyone! My brother has several of the shotguns you recommended... I'm going to go give them a try next weekend and see which I am most comfortable with. Thanks again!

GrizMusician said:
Does anyone here have experience with the Remington 870? I have never owned a shotgun, but the 870 was recommended to me. I'm looking for something my wife and I to get into shooting trap.

Bought my 870 a couple of years ago, but I bought the tactical version rather than the bird gun. Nice shooting shotgun, a good investment if you're new into shooting trap.. if you don't like shooting shotguns, or trap, you don't have a lot invested. However, if you do, then you can invest something fancier as reinell suggested below.

GrizMusician said:
Does anyone here have experience with the Remington 870? I have never owned a shotgun, but the 870 was recommended to me. I'm looking for something my wife and I to get into shooting trap.

Standard issue cop shotgun, or at least WAS for many years. Great for home defense and shooting crap, but trap....you might want to get pricier.

It doesnt get an more solid than an 870 Remington.

I have had one for 28 years and I shoot it every year. I couldnt even guess how many rounds have been fired through it and its never failed and still keeps banging away. I bet I have shot close to 2000 ducks/geese with it.

You can never go wrong on and 870 especially for the price. You can buy different barrels for it to use for deer hunting and home defense. Keep it loaded outside of hunting season with some OO Buck and you will have a great home defense weapon.

:thumb:

Picked up 35 more 30 round PMAGS for stock.

I have got a feeling the left is planning another big shooting soon, probably another school or public office. All it is going to do is send prices through the roof. Might pick up 4 or 5 more ARs when I come to Missoula this weekend. Those will make a killing when the next staged mass shooting takes place.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Picked up 35 more 30 round PMAGS for stock.

I have got a feeling the left is planning another big shooting soon, probably another school or public office. All it is going to do is send prices through the roof. Might pick up 4 or 5 more ARs when I come to Missoula this weekend. Those will make a killing when the next staged mass shooting takes place.

Aren't you just a regular John Hancock. ;)

http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-5-56x45-ammo-556x45mm55grfmjm193pmc-1000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not a great buy but definitely better than most.....at least it is under 40 cents a round now and this stuff is great ammo.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-5-56x45-ammo-556x45mm55grfmjm193pmc-1000

Not a great buy but definitely better than most.....at least it is under 40 cents a round now and this stuff is great ammo.
That's good pricing on 5.56. I've been able to get solid deals on .223 the last 6 weeks down here in Rimrockville. $6.29 PMC and $6.49 for American Eagle (Federal) 55 grain brass... :egriz: P.S. you can get PMAGS for $ 10.99 on a fairly regular basis.

I'm staying with my 7.62 (308) M14. Beats the hell out of the 5.56 (.223). And my M1 Garand and M1 carbine are of good reputation. And, my….never mind! :twisted:

Picked up a 9mm P229 Extreme from Selway Armory on Thursday, and I like it...a lot!!!

79392.jpg

I hear its awesome and its like throwing away $5 every time you pull the trigger............I hope so, ARGH and the rest of the bums need change in parking lots to buy rice and other necessities.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I hear its awesome and its like throwing away $5 every time you pull the trigger............I hope so, ARGH and the rest of the bums need change in parking lots to buy rice and other necessities.

I shoot the Barrett M107 .50 Cal a lot as I teach sniper tactics. How anyone enjoys shooting .50 Cal after the first 50 RDS in beyond me. Actually the spotter has it the worse. Scrambles your brains for a few seconds after each shot if you are laying in the wrong position. Now a .50 cal hand gun...good luck with that....

Back