• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weird

I'm surprised nobody has posted anything on it either. Does that make me simple minded?

Well, I'm not really surprised that the court found the way that it did. I expected a 5-4 decision, so the 6-3 came as a surprise.
From what I've seen, the ACA has been good in some respects, but a pretty big failure in other respects. My wife works in the administrative side of healthcare, and she has told me that many people are shocked to find out that their $35/month "Obamacare" plan doesn't cover shit when it comes to hospital stays and extensive care. She blames that on the navigators that were supposed to help people purchase coverage, but instead just signed them up for the cheapest plan out there without explaining that you do in deed get what you pay for.
I never thought a single-payer plan would be a good idea, but after seeing how the health insurance companies are making out like bandits, I'm beginning to change my mind. Too many people have been stuck with plans that don't cover enough, or have high deductibles that discourage people from wanting to use their plans. My high deductible plan is the reason I haven't been to a Dr. since I was still on my parents plan, and I won't go unless I'm dying.
:twocents:

I can see your points about lack of education. Too bad the education side of the bill was de-funded by republicans.
https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43289.pdf

grizpsych said:
I can see your points about lack of education. Too bad the education side of the bill was de-funded by republicans.
https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43289.pdf

You have also forgot to mention that the $$$ billions $$$ and perhaps $$$ Trillons $$$ spent to get this bill past and indoctrinated,and setting up, with the the BS website was paid for by the Chinese, and the raping of another popular and eventual failure, Medicare.

It this Central Government take over of Health Care, has solved the health care dilemma, perhaps you could define, why emergency room visits have increase,insurance premiums have increase,those that had health insurance prior to ACA, have deminsh coverage, and most important, that there are as many uninsured as there was before this bad law was passed and approved by the Supreme Court, not to mention that this is not the first time a bad decision was made by the Supreme Court.

After all, Jonathan Gruber, an insider architect of the ACA, predicated its inception with the stupidity of the American voter and the congress to not know what was in the bill before it was passed,and he was right, except I am sure that you read the bill before forming an opinion

Back