• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

John Walsh, Senate hopeful.

spsyk said:
AllWeatherFan said:
He's toast. Just like he was before this came out.

Now Daines can get down to the serious business of denying healthcare for millions of Americans.

Not denying anybody of anything, only trying to provide the opportunity for everybody to buy their own health insurance, without having to borrow from China to pay for those playing the " I'm a victim game " which many play well.

I'm all for borrowing more from China. How else will we afford to give large corporations tax loopholes so they can build more low-paying jobs?

statler & waldorf said:
BWahlberg said:
.....he'll still get my vote even though he's probably sunk.quote]

Like I said, Yellow Dog Democrat.

From Wikipedia:
Yellow Dog Democrats was a political term applied to voters in the Southern United States who voted solely for candidates who represented the Democratic Party. The term originated in the late 19th century. These voters would allegedly "vote for a yellow dog before they would vote for any Republican".[1][2] The term is now more generally applied to refer to any Democrat who will vote a straight party ticket under any circumstances.

Citing my source. He John, its really not too hard, even for your mammoth 14 page "thesis."

Well I don't agree with Daines platform and most/all of his major stances and it's not like I have any other choice. Walsh cheating on a masters thesis doesn't suddenly change what issues I care about when I vote.

On election day, YOU could show at least an ounce of integrity, honesty, character, credibility, ethics, and independent thinking(traits Walsh does not have), simply by not voting FOR him. You don't have to vote FOR Daines. Its not rocket science BW and the rest of you Yellow Dog Democrats. Mitt Romney found out that lots of people who generally vote (R), Yellow Dog Republicans, I would call them, did not vote FOR him. They sure as hell didn't vote for Yomama. When you vote, send a message to office seekers at all levels, that the traits listed above DO MATTER! Only you and God will know, and she won't tell anyone. :D Of course, Walsh could make it moot by dropping out of the race and resigning from the Senate, but he, apparently, doesn't have an ounce of anything.

By the way, I do like and appreciate your football insights. :thumb:

statler & waldorf said:
On election day, YOU could show at least an ounce of integrity, honesty, character, credibility, ethics, and independent thinking(traits Walsh does not have), simply by not voting FOR him. You don't have to vote FOR Daines. Its not rocket science BW and the rest of you Yellow Dog Democrats. Mitt Romney found out that lots of people who generally vote (R), Yellow Dog Republicans, I would call them, did not vote FOR him. They sure as hell didn't vote for Yomama. When you vote, send a message to office seekers at all levels, that the traits listed above DO MATTER! Only you and God will know, and she won't tell anyone. :D Of course, Walsh could make it moot by dropping out of the race and resigning from the Senate, but he, apparently, doesn't have an ounce of anything.

However, in this election a vote not for Walsh is essentially a vote for Daines. While it presumably won't matter, it's looking more and more like an easier win for Daines, I can't bring myself to completing an action that helps Daines get to the Senate.

I disagree with you on many of what you think Walsh "does not have" as well. He does not have a long standing history of issues. Yep, he cheated on a masters thesis. I know lots of people who have cheated on college papers/exams. I'd bet some of whom we cheered and currently cheer for in Wa Griz every Sat have done the same, if not worse, to just stay in school and play football. I'm not that naive to think it's a rare occasion here.

And like I said, Walsh in the Senate would vote for things I support, Daines would not. That's my decision. There's been Dems I've not voted for many times in my life, although I side quite heavily with their party-line policies, Walsh hasn't moved into the "not voting for that guy" category yet.

Love the liberal fan base justifying a liar, cheat and criminal! Wouldn't expect anything less from the people they pick to represent them. :lol:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Love the liberal fan base justifying a liar, cheat and criminal! Wouldn't expect anything less from the people they pick to represent them. :lol:
I missed the comments on Nixon and Reagan........................................

:coffee:

Ursa Major said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
I missed the comments on Nixon and Reagan........................................

Let's not forget the Icons William Jefferson Clinton and John Fitzgerald Kennedy, both of which gave new meaning to the Oval Office and the Lincoln bedroom.

spsyk said:
Ursa Major said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Let's not forget the Icons William Jefferson Clinton and John Fitzgerald Kennedy, both of which gave new meaning to the Oval Office and the Lincoln bedroom.

Fucking another woman and fucking the American people are two much different things....

And please don't push me to a polemic argument. I throw rocks at both sides.

In a interview with the Billings Gazette Editorial Board: “I’m very hopeful that Montanans will look at my overall career and not just this one serious BLEMISH on my career and evaluate me on the entirety instead of just this one issue,” Walsh said.
He admits he plagiarized, and is evidently a fan of Pink Panther movies. BLEMISH?

statler & waldorf said:
In a interview with the Billings Gazette Editorial Board: “I’m very hopeful that Montanans will look at my overall career and not just this one serious BLEMISH on my career and evaluate me on the entirety instead of just this one issue,” Walsh said.
He admits he plagiarized, and is evidently a fan of Pink Panther movies. BLEMISH?
This is a true story, two weeks ago I was set up on a date with a French woman. I asked her if she had ever watched any of the Pink Panther movies. She was not a fan and found very little humor in the series. I also asked her if she liked Jerry Lewis. She said he was hilarious. France should NEVER be a country we should trust. EVER! I thought the Jerry Lewis thing was a myth....nope!

BWahlberg said:
statler & waldorf said:

However, in this election a vote not for Walsh is essentially a vote for Daines. While it presumably won't matter, it's looking more and more like an easier win for Daines, I can't bring myself to completing an action that helps Daines get to the Senate.

I disagree with you on many of what you think Walsh "does not have" as well. He does not have a long standing history of issues. Yep, he cheated on a masters thesis. I know lots of people who have cheated on college papers/exams. I'd bet some of whom we cheered and currently cheer for in Wa Griz every Sat have done the same, if not worse, to just stay in school and play football. I'm not that naive to think it's a rare occasion here.

And like I said, Walsh in the Senate would vote for things I support, Daines would not. That's my decision. There's been Dems I've not voted for many times in my life, although I side quite heavily with their party-line policies, Walsh hasn't moved into the "not voting for that guy" category yet.

So Brint are you saying two wrongs make a right? This is what people are sick of in Washington. Listen to the spin and because Bush did something then the current administration thinks they get a pass. This goes to integrity. Particularly at a military college. By your logic if Wayne Gacy was running and you agreed with him politically, you would vote for him. Seems a little naive. As voters we need to start holding politicians to a higher standard if you truly want to see change. Guess I supported the get rid of Pat Williams thing because I felt the man lacked integrity to hold a public office of trust by his actions.

Glendivegriz said:
BWahlberg said:
statler & waldorf said:

So Brint are you saying two wrongs make a right? This is what people are sick of in Washington. Listen to the spin and because Bush did something then the current administration thinks they get a pass. This goes to integrity. Particularly at a military college. By your logic if Wayne Gacy was running and you agreed with him politically, you would vote for him. Seems a little naive. As voters we need to start holding politicians to a higher standard if you truly want to see change. Guess I supported the get rid of Pat Williams thing because I felt the man lacked integrity to hold a public office of trust by his actions.

Using Gacy is such a straw man argument, come on now. Mass murderer vs a guy that cheated on a masters thesis?

I'll readily admit it's a catch-22 but in the end I don't think Walsh plagiarizing a masters thesis says he's a completely unethical man. I went back to college as a 27 year old father of 2 (at the time, 3 now) and I saw all sorts of people that attempted short cuts on tests, papers, and presentations, young kids and adults older than me.

Here's what I look at, I want the ACA to stay in place, I want immigration reform, I want equal pay for women doing the same job, I want citizens united over turned, I want corporations to lose these tax loopholes, I want the US to back down on it's international support, and I want the us govt to add lgbt people to federally protected classes. Jon Walsh is the guy that will support that, that's where my vote goes. If Walsh was out mass murdering people I wouldn't vote for him.

BWahlberg said:
Glendivegriz said:
BWahlberg said:
statler & waldorf said:

Using Gacy is such a straw man argument, come on now. Mass murderer vs a guy that cheated on a masters thesis?

I'll readily admit it's a catch-22 but in the end I don't think Walsh plagiarizing a masters thesis says he's a completely unethical man. I went back to college as a 27 year old father of 2 (at the time, 3 now) and I saw all sorts of people that attempted short cuts on tests, papers, and presentations, young kids and adults older than me.

Here's what I look at, I want the ACA to stay in place, I want immigration reform, I want equal pay for women doing the same job, I want citizens united over turned, I want corporations to lose these tax loopholes, I want the US to back down on it's international support, and I want the us govt to add lgbt people to federally protected classes. Jon Walsh is the guy that will support that, that's where my vote goes. If Walsh was out mass murdering people I wouldn't vote for him.

The difference between a progressive and a conservative are really stark.

Keeping the ACA as implemented, in my opinion is going to end up as another bloated entitlement, and will reduce health care comparable to Medicaid or worse. If you need a list of the failing, bloated, corrupt, government entitlements, let me know, if you are living in denial and think they don't exist as most progressives do.

You want immigration reform, I would like to see the laws that are there now enforced, and see how that works before we look at reform
Why would new laws be enforced, when old ones never have been?

There are over million legal immigrants every year coming in the country, and only the Deity knows for sure how many illegals are coming.

Is it going to take a terrorist that comes over the boarder North or South, strap on a suicide vest an let it go say at a Griz game, before people understand that are boarders are unprotected, and I am beginning to think that progressive don't believe that there are people willing to strap on a vest and kill Americans, it is easier than flying planes into buildings.

There are over seven billion people in the world, many with worst conditions than the people coming illegally, presently to our boarders now, should would put them on planes and boats, and bring them in also, and add them to the 25 million unemployed in the country now.

You want Citizens United, gone, that's fair, let's also do away Public Service Unions, especially the Teachers Unions. After all, it all comes down to money and what you do with it.

Tax loopholes for corporations, fine, how about lowering the corporate tax rate, the highest in the world, so are corporations can stay in America instead of going overseas to compete.

You being in real estate, are you O.K. with doing away with the loophole for the deduction for home load interest?

You won't have to worry for long about U.S. intervention or support in International matters, it's happening now, why do you think president Obama has to lead from behind, it's not just his strategy, he has no choice, the U.S is broke, over $ 17.5 trillion in debit and rising.

Let me ask you, if you own a home and it is worth $200,000 and you owe $275.000, would you agree that you are underwater.

Well, the U.S. is $17.5 trillion in debit, and running a yearly deficit of a half a trillion a year, till the end of president Obama's term, that will be closing in on $20 trillion of debit, with a total GNP of $17.3.

It seems to me that we are going to be $2.7 trillion underwater.

What entitlements will have to suffer?

I don't care what laws are pass for the LGBT. They need more than laws to help them..

That is why, I can't support Walsh, and if I'm still alive 2016 I won't be able to support Jon Tester, after all good old Tester said there is absolutely nothing wrong with the VA

Equal pay for women, we'll correct me if I'm wrong, but before the war on women, this administration pass legislation Lily Ledbetter Act his first day in office, however he didn't see fit to pay according to his female staff, kind of, " if you like your health insurance, and if you like your doctor, you will be able to keep them.

Don't know if he was lying about Lily Ledbetter, or just haven't got around to it in, the last 5 1/2 years, let me know..

Walsh postpones appearances; campaign mum on race
From Wednesday's Missoulian: (Note: source is sited.)
1 hour ago • Associated Press

HELENA — Sen. John Walsh of Montana on Tuesday postponed at least two upcoming events as his campaign declined to answer questions about whether he planned to remain in the U.S. Senate race amid allegations that he plagiarized a research paper.

The Walsh campaign notified Gallatin County Democratic party members that he would not attend a backyard meet-and-greet in Bozeman hosted by Women for Walsh that was scheduled for Wednesday or a Friday talk on public lands at the county party's new headquarters.

The campaign did not give a reason why, said Billy McWilliams, a member of the Gallatin County Democrats' executive committee.

"Nobody's talking," McWilliams told The Associated Press. "It happened pretty quick this morning."

DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!

Correct me if I am wrong, you politically savvy historians, but there hasn't been this much intrigue since the Clark-Daly Senate cat fight in the 1800s.

BWahlberg said:
Glendivegriz said:
BWahlberg said:
statler & waldorf said:

So just where do you draw a line on integrity then? The problem here is we aren't talking a about a 19 year old kid. He did this in his fourties when he was in the military reserve. He is responsible for his subordinates lives. Would you excuse him for stealing a credit card? For a vehicle? A social security check? If he admitted to being a drug dealer? (oh wait thats Obama). This isn't about a party but of the intergrity of the candidate. That is the problem. We have elected to many people to office that are morally bankrupt. Walsh committed an act of intellectual theft and used it to elevate himself. You seem like a smart guy. Surely you can see the problem here.

I fail to see why a mass murderer cant represent your list just as well as a plagiarist. If they were both prostitutes, you are just negotiating price the way I see it.

Its amazing the left overlooks things like this to keep their guy in office. Please feel free to point out a conservative person that doesnt want a fag like Larry Craig dropped from his seat over his actions. There is a stark difference about how both sides go about things.

Back