• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A Players Parent perspective

PlayerDad - Thank you so much for your great post. I enjoyed reading it. You seem like a cool guy.

And I am totally on board with what you had to say regarding the young players, that Stitt recruited, need to mature and when they do, LOOKOUT!!! i myself have posted that feeling before. This team is building into something great.

Thank you to your son and to your family for choosing The University of Montana :!:

Very cool, playerdad...agree a mobile qb enhances this offense, whether it's extending plays in passing game, designed throws that move the pocket, forcing a defender into spy coverage, or built in qb draws, read options, etc...

NativeGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
PlayerDad said:
BDizzle said:
Mr. Banks is my guess.

Neither.

It's Mr.Torres.
If true, he is my favorite recruit's dad.

Since we are talking about Torres. He was a highly recruited 3 star offensive lineman last year, and I haven't heard much about him. Does anybody know how how he is progressing? Is he projected to be in the mix as a redshirt freshman?

go4two said:
NativeGriz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
PlayerDad said:

It's Mr.Torres.
If true, he is my favorite recruit's dad.

Since we are talking about Torres. He was a highly recruited 3 star offensive lineman last year, and I haven't heard much about him. Does anybody know how how he is progressing? Is he projected to be in the mix as a redshirt freshman?

Yes

I believe there are at least two red shirt freshman that have been mentioned as possible starters....that is how good that class really was......everyone, senior on down is goin to have to compete hard for a starting job, as it should be...

krammer said:
I believe there are at least two red shirt freshman that have been mentioned as possible starters....that is how good that class really was......everyone, senior on down is goin to have to compete hard for a starting job, as it should be...
On the OL? Because as a whole I think we could see at least twice that number take starting spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewskis said:
krammer said:
On the OL? Because as a whole I think we could see at least twice that number take starting spots.

This year I want to see the best person on field at each position regardless if it is a freshman or senior. Just want whoever performs the best to be out there.

reinell30 said:
brewskis said:
krammer said:

This year I want to see the best person on field at each position regardless if it is a freshman or senior. Just want whoever performs the best to be out there.
Me too. I think that was a huge problem last year.

I think there is at least one RS FR at each position that will challenge for a starting spot. Save maybe the DL and LB.

Jackson, Torres, and Beaver (my favorite) at OL.
Lewis Cowans at CB.
Jensen at QB.
Green at RB.
Crow at safety. (Maybe a year away, but a future star)
Toure and Akem at WR.

brewskis said:
reinell30 said:
brewskis said:
krammer said:

Me too. I think that was a huge problem last year.

I think there is at least one RS FR at each position that will challenge for a starting spot. Save maybe the DL and LB.

Jackson, Torres, and Beaver (my favorite) at OL.
Lewis Cowans at CB.
Jensen at QB.
Green at RB.
Crow at safety. (Maybe a year away, but a future star)
Toure and Akem at WR.

Don't forget Dareon Nash at WR. Dude has big upside and coaches high on him as well. Then you also have Brennan Corbin and Jed Nagler. Stacked!

reinell30 said:
:thumb:
"To be the best, you have to beat the best." Heard that on here somewhere, time to time. ;)

Holds for player-on-player just as it does for team-on-team. The good news is, a player can work his ass off and have another chance week-to-week (under a good coaching staff) ... unlike a game lost for the team.

So ... GO GRIZ (players) :egriz:

PlayerDad said:
Hello E Griz,

My son will be a Red shirt freshman this year!!! He told me to give this web site a gander ) yes, lots of the boys read your forum)

I'll start with this. When my son was being recruited, he had several D1 FBC schools and several D1 FCS schools after him. Your team, the Griz was my (the parents) least favorite. I mean Montana???? Who goes there? Not to mention I researched all the crap that had tainted your football program the last couple years. You guys are coming back from some heavy shit...
Shame on ME!!! I only researched the bad!!!! Further research showed me what a storied football program and passionate fans you have up there!!! This Forum proves that!! Along with the passion for your team come the passion to get back to the TOP!!!

Let me back up. So my son gets a call from Coach Stitt. Son, do you have an HOUR to spend with me on the phone tomorrow? My son was a bit taken by this because NOT ONE coach that was recruiting him requested this. Coach Stitt called the next evening and proceeded to go through 60 detailed and pointed questions
(academic and football knowledge questions )with my son. All very detailed. ALL of Coach Stitts recruits go through this process. I was absolutely blown away at coach Stitts recruiting process!!!! The time and effort he put into my son. I repeat NOT ONE of the other coaches did this!!
So we set up a visit. My sons final of the 5 visits. My son picked Montana over New Mexico because he LIKED what coach Stitt offered) Upon arrival we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY at coach Stitt and his staffs professionalism. Their attention to detail was like no other visit we had!! And, to walk through that tunnel at field field level was a rush for us like NO OTHER!!!
That day is what sold my son on Montana and we feel truly blessed!!!

With that said. This program as storied as it is, will take time and patience to get back to the top. We live in this instant gratification time where we forget what patience means??????

I'm a football man. I'm a die hard Fan of the Oakland Raiders and CU Buffs. TRUST ME!!! it will happen!!!
Mike McIntyre was not able to do what he did with the proper time and patience. HE NEEDED THE BOYS HE RECRUITED TO BLOSSOM!!!! NOW LOOK!!!

My Raiders that's a different story. They just taught me patience. LOL

Bob Stitt is a solidified professional who has yet to make his mark. I know last year at the end was brutal!!! And I understand the lack of Patience some of you have, Your fans for Gods sake!!! You want your team back on top!!!

After sitting in this mans office and hearing his overall plan with my own ears. My son is part of this plan as are so many of his 2016 recruits and beyond!!! You have some BAD ASS kids coming in that you have no clue about...

Give this man a chance!!! Especially the Poster 75 lol.

YOUR IN GOOD HANDS GRIZ NATION!!!!

PATIENCE...

F the CATS!!

Love Missoula and love the GRIZ!

PlayerDad said:
Hello E Griz,

My son will be a Red shirt freshman this year!!! He told me to give this web site a gander ) yes, lots of the boys read your forum)

I'll start with this. When my son was being recruited, he had several D1 FBC schools and several D1 FCS schools after him. Your team, the Griz was my (the parents) least favorite. I mean Montana???? Who goes there? Not to mention I researched all the crap that had tainted your football program the last couple years. You guys are coming back from some heavy shit...
Shame on ME!!! I only researched the bad!!!! Further research showed me what a storied football program and passionate fans you have up there!!! This Forum proves that!! Along with the passion for your team come the passion to get back to the TOP!!!

Let me back up. So my son gets a call from Coach Stitt. Son, do you have an HOUR to spend with me on the phone tomorrow? My son was a bit taken by this because NOT ONE coach that was recruiting him requested this. Coach Stitt called the next evening and proceeded to go through 60 detailed and pointed questions
(academic and football knowledge questions )with my son. All very detailed. ALL of Coach Stitts recruits go through this process. I was absolutely blown away at coach Stitts recruiting process!!!! The time and effort he put into my son. I repeat NOT ONE of the other coaches did this!!
So we set up a visit. My sons final of the 5 visits. My son picked Montana over New Mexico because he LIKED what coach Stitt offered) Upon arrival we were absolutely BLOWN AWAY at coach Stitt and his staffs professionalism. Their attention to detail was like no other visit we had!! And, to walk through that tunnel at field field level was a rush for us like NO OTHER!!!
That day is what sold my son on Montana and we feel truly blessed!!!

With that said. This program as storied as it is, will take time and patience to get back to the top. We live in this instant gratification time where we forget what patience means??????

I'm a football man. I'm a die hard Fan of the Oakland Raiders and CU Buffs. TRUST ME!!! it will happen!!!
Mike McIntyre was not able to do what he did with the proper time and patience. HE NEEDED THE BOYS HE RECRUITED TO BLOSSOM!!!! NOW LOOK!!!

My Raiders that's a different story. They just taught me patience. LOL

Bob Stitt is a solidified professional who has yet to make his mark. I know last year at the end was brutal!!! And I understand the lack of Patience some of you have, Your fans for Gods sake!!! You want your team back on top!!!

After sitting in this mans office and hearing his overall plan with my own ears. My son is part of this plan as are so many of his 2016 recruits and beyond!!! You have some BAD ASS kids coming in that you have no clue about...

Give this man a chance!!! Especially the Poster 75 lol.

YOUR IN GOOD HANDS GRIZ NATION!!!!

PATIENCE...

F the CATS!!

Love Missoula and love the GRIZ!

jodcon said:
Hope he's right but wondering if you're opening a new can of worms reviving this.
I don't think any of these people were aware of Bob Stitt's own published comments on the matter. Peyton hates to be wrong about anything; so now, in the name of "focusing on the future," he is busy resurrecting an erroneous and incomplete past. That's why the guy has no business being a "moderator." He thoroughly abuses the position.

grizcountry420 said:
PlayerDad said:
reinell30 said:
Well new Griz parent, look forward to meeting you at our tailgate! Welcome to Griz Nation!

Would love to!!! The tailgating is off the hook!We went to two games last year and hung out the Beer Bus. That guy is really cool!!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown for Homecoming. Our room backed up to the courtyard, we were the first balcony . We were chilling Saturday night and drinking beers in the room. All of a sudden we heard a whistle and 123!! The Marching band came in to the courtyard to play for the Alumni party!! It was awesome.
Such a great game day experience. I've been to games all over the country. It really is hard to beat what you guys have in Missoula. Great Craft Beer and Bars!! Breakfast at the Press Box before tailgating,The Rhino, Reds, A burger at 3am at the Oxford, Draft Works, Tammarack, Big Sky, Highlander... so many great places!!

Again, our family truly are blessed our son picked Montana!

GO GRIZ

Heck yeah! You got it...
That's why we have never left.

UMGriz75 said:
jodcon said:
Hope he's right but wondering if you're opening a new can of worms reviving this.
I don't think any of these people were aware of Bob Stitt's own published comments on the matter. Peyton hates to be wrong about anything; so now, in the name of "focusing on the future," he is busy resurrecting an erroneous and incomplete past. That's why the guy has no business being a "moderator." He thoroughly abuses the position.

Holy fcuk 75, how about just letting it go.

HelenaHandBasket said:
UMGriz75 said:
jodcon said:

Holy fcuk 75, how about just letting it go.

:lol: like THAT will ever happen....

Back