• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Zach Schacht Verbal Commit (Sort of)

flatheadgriz406

There is nothing online about it but according to his family, Billings Skyview Zach Schacht 6'11 Jr has verbally committed to the Griz. He was getting a lot of buzz after doing really well last summer in the summer AAU circuit. He avg. 12.4 pts (shot 67%FG) 7.7 reb and 2.2 blocks.

Like I said nothing online so I won't totally believe until I hear more.

That block was damn sweet. Not sure, what was more impressive, the block or the big man running the court so well? I hope the GRIZ keep him. He moves well for a big man, and definitely will get other DIV 1 offers. If true, welcome to GRIZ NATION, Zach.

If this isn't a walk-on offer, I will be shocked...He looks good at times, but is no where near D1 level yet. You can't teach size, but he will have to gain some MAJOR weight if he is going to compete at this level. He also plays as if he hasn't grown into his body.. Still has a senior year to go, and with Anderson gone, should be the main Center in the state...

SACCAT66 said:
If this isn't a walk-on offer, I will be shocked...He looks good at times, but is no where near D1 level yet. You can't teach size, but he will have to gain some MAJOR weight if he is going to compete at this level. He also plays as if he hasn't grown into his body.. Still has a senior year to go, and with Anderson gone, should be the main Center in the state...

Says the kitten fan...

Paytonlives said:
SACCAT66 said:

Says the kitten fan...

They've got big guys coming out their ears in Bozeman! They know their D1 big guy talent over there!

Paytonlives said:
SACCAT66 said:

Says the kitten fan...

Nothing to do at all with Cats or Griz...Just my opinion as someone who covers High school Basketball. Have watched him play about 15-20 times in person the last 2 years (god...I sound like Player Rep) and this is my opinion.

Mousegriz said:
Paytonlives said:
SACCAT66 said:

Says the kitten fan...

They've got big guys coming out their ears in Bozeman! They know their D1 big guy talent over there!

Schacht is from Billings Skyview

SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:
Paytonlives said:
SACCAT66 said:

Says the kitten fan...

I knew that! Even before I read through the thread where it was mentioned again a few times.

The "big guys coming out their ears" referred to your fighting Kittens! I've not seen the kid play but guess we'll wait and see. Decuire seems to have a better recruiting record than Big Mackerel!

SACCAT66 said:
Paytonlives said:
SACCAT66 said:

Says the kitten fan...

Nothing to do at all with Cats or Griz...Just my opinion as someone who covers High school Basketball. Have watched him play about 15-20 times in person the last 2 years (god...I sound like Player Rep) and this is my opinion.

Totally disagree with you on him. He has good feet, runs well, and is pretty damn coordinated for such a young big man. Athletically, he sure looks div 1, when projecting potential. Yes, physically he has to put on some muscle and strength. Getting him early is a great call by DeCuire.

Mousegriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
Mousegriz said:
Paytonlives said:
Says the kitten fan...

I knew that! Even before I read through the thread where it was mentioned again a few times.

The "big guys coming out their ears" referred to your fighting Kittens! I've not seen the kid play but guess we'll wait and see. Decuire seems to have a better recruiting record than Big Mackerel!

You won't hear an argument from me on Cats not having a big man. I wish we would put way more effort into getting a solid player at the Center position. I just don't think this kid is the answer for either team. Hope I am wrong for the kids sake...

mtgrizrule said:
SACCAT66 said:
Paytonlives said:
SACCAT66 said:

Says the kitten fan...

Totally disagree with you on him. He has good feet, runs well, and is pretty damn coordinated for such a young big man. Athletically, he sure looks div 1, when projecting potential. Yes, physically he has to put on some muscle and strength. Getting him early is a great call by DeCuire.

Hope you are right...He has a year left in High School, so there is plenty of time. We still haven't heard anything solid on if he actually verballed with anyone yet.

Have seen this kid play a ton and he is definitely not a D1 talent. His 6-11 frame is all he has got, believe me. Get him away from the basket 5 feet and he is useless.

Btown said:
Have seen this kid play a ton and he is definitely not a D1 talent. His 6-11 frame is all he has got, believe me. Get him away from the basket 5 feet and he is useless.

I’ll take Decuire’s opinion... :roll:

Back