• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Great Falls GSA BBQ

reinell30

eGriz Club
DONOR
Today is the day. Beautiful day for golfing with the coaches. Everyone in the Great Falls area should attempt to make this event. Money goes to the thing us sports fans all love. $10 for a great BBQ. See you all there at the Mansfield Center at 5 !

A big crowd attended. Largest in the state. I can't remember who announced that, help me out reinell. Numbers were up from last year. We did our part since my wife has never found a silent auction she didn't like! Our walls are full so now the grandkids will have neat Griz memorabilia for their rooms. All the coaches had inspirational things say. Bodner and Haslam gave great talks as well.

Go Griz!

grizfan47 said:
A big crowd attended. Largest in the state. I can't remember who announced that, help me out reinell. Numbers were up from last year. We did our part since my wife has never found a silent auction she didn't like! Our walls are full so now the grandkids will have neat Griz memorabilia for their rooms. All the coaches had inspirational things say. Bodner and Haslam gave great talks as well.

Go Griz!

Yes 47, they did state largest crowd in state multiple times from multiple persons. I did notice most of the live auction items didn't bring the normal high dollars as in past. Remember last year, the helmet went for $4100 and they sold two of them. this year, the helmet only brought in $600 but they did sell two. The Cat/Griz weekend in Missoula only brought $500. That is cheaper then you can buy it for. Lot of great deals last night. I got away with spending less than $500 as well.
Spent over 10 minutes talking with Coach Hauck. What a positive experience. Hell I am ready to play for him.
Kent Haslam is a great guy and I hope he stays around awhile!

A pretty good gathering last night but I was a bit disappointed in the “shallow pockets. I got a chance to talk with Coach Hauck and it is evident he wants to win sooner than later. He was very positive about his locker room and you can tell he means business. He won’t put up with much crap. Just guessing but I don’t think he likes how the Jensen thing turned out. Thought the competition in the spring was positive and may not have that going into fall. All in all a good evening and it was nice to see some folks I haven’t seen for awhile. Oh and the uni game kickoff time isn’t determined yet. From what I gathered we want a night game and are talking with the TV folk.
Go Griz!

BDizzle said:
zengriz said:
bigkid said:

...only $300.00 bucks...
...18 holes at the country club...
...might play with a coach..might not...

... :shock: ...

Dang Billings tournament is $1000.

...for $1000.00..bodner buy the beer...
...haslam shine your golf shoes...
...hauck carry the clubs...

... :cool: ...

zengriz said:
BDizzle said:
zengriz said:
bigkid said:

...only $300.00 bucks...

It's $100 in Helena....Do they send the grad assistants? :lol: But seriously, is the Helena shindig a good time?

MTGRZ said:
zengriz said:
BDizzle said:
zengriz said:
...only $300.00 bucks...

It's $100 in Helena....Do they send the grad assistants? :lol: But seriously, is the Helena shindig a good time?
The Billings event is actually at Laurel CC. It's $1000 per foursome. Last I heard, they have 25 foursomes, which was the target. Room for a few more.....

BDizzle said:
zengriz said:
bigkid said:

...only $300.00 bucks...

Billings Golf Tourney cost is $250 per player or $1,000 for a team of 4. Starts at 9;00 Friday morning at the Laurel Country Club. I am pretty sure you can sign up at the BBQ tonight at the Billings Hotel. The BBQ tonight is a fundraiser for the GSA, the golf tourney is a fundraiser for the football team I think.

Back