• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lyles Going JUCO

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Kare Lyles (some rumored him to be a possible Griz dropping down from Wisconsin) going the JUCO route to Scottsdale Community.

Wondering what is the deal with Cam Humphreys. I wonder when he makes the decision if I was the coaches I would want an answer rather quickly so I can come up with some back up options. It seems like there may be a few.

dayday said:
Wondering what is the deal with Cam Humphreys. I wonder when he makes the decision if I was the coaches I would want an answer rather quickly so I can come up with some back up options. It seems like there may be a few.
I mean, fair or unfair, why would any QB come here if he thinks he's just going to back up Sneed?

Also, I think it's probably pretty safe to assume he's already DM'd Gresch, so there's that, too.

He would be a great get, though.

uofmman1122 said:
dayday said:
I mean, fair or unfair, why would any QB come here if he thinks he's just going to back up Sneed?

Also, I think it's probably pretty safe to assume he's already DM'd Gresch, so there's that, too.

Because your one play away from being the guy. Phillips knows all about that and so does Jensen. if you were right...why would anyteam have 2 QBs on the roster?

alabamagrizzly said:
Bobby probably called him and said “don’t bother, Sneed’s our guy.” :cool:

Well, we know one thing for sure GJ isn’t our guy.

uofmman1122 said:
dayday said:

Maybe someone will come in and try to compete to try to beat Sneed out, isn’t that the way it is supposed to go, best athlete gets the job.

mtgrizfankb said:
uofmman1122 said:
dayday said:

Because your one play away from being the guy. Phillips knows all about that and so does Jensen. if you were right...why would anyteam have 2 QBs on the roster?

Transfers want to start. Period. GJ is exhibit one - they don't want to wait in line for an injury or graduation. It has nothing to do with not wanting to compete...every one of these kids with D1 talent is competitive.

I don't blame them for wanting to put themselves in the best possible position to lead a football team and showcase their talent.

Might be leaving out a more important consideration - how about do the coaches see the kid as a fit? Last I heard, they still make the offers. Self-selection hasn’t quite taken hold as yet.

bgbigdog said:
Might be leaving out a more important consideration - how about do the coaches see the kid as a fit? Last I heard, they still make the offers. Self-selection hasn’t quite taken hold as yet.
They offered the kid a scholly, so it sounds like they’re interested.

mtgrizfankb said:
uofmman1122 said:
dayday said:

They guy advertises himself as the best unsigned JUCO QB in the country. I think it’s safe to assume he wants to start wherever he goes. It’s also not hard to DM the high profile QB that just left, nor is it hard to find this website where people are arguing over whether or not the coaches pushed out a really good QB in favor of their guy.

I’m not saying it’s fair, but we offered and he still is looking, so it sure seems like for whatever reason he’s not interested in us.

Hope that changes, though.

alabamagrizzly said:
spsyk said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Ya, that’s what Bobby said. HEY OHHH!! :cool:

Can you direct me anywhere or point out where anyone on the staff made the decision that Sneed is going to be the starter in September.

With the exception of GJ, even he didn’t know for sure.

spsyk said:
alabamagrizzly said:
spsyk said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Ya, that’s what Bobby said. HEY OHHH!! :cool:

Can you direct me anywhere or point out where anyone on the staff made the decision that Sneed is going to be the starter in September.

With the exception of GJ, even he didn’t know for sure.

Well it’s all over eGriz for one. Isn’t that proof enough?

HookedonGriz said:
Kare Lyles (some rumored him to be a possible Griz dropping down from Wisconsin) going the JUCO route to Scottsdale Community.

Sneed is from Scottsdale (Horizon HS). Of all the gin joints...

IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Sneed is from Scottsdale (Horizon HS). Of all the gin joints...

Lyles and Sneed are friends too. I think Lyles going JC was the smarter route for him. Guaranteed to play at home then can assess the FBS/FCS landscape after the year. It’s tough right now to recruit because it’s rushed for these kids going JC slows the process down a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back