• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed/Murray.

Not to mention Sneeds ability to extend plays, which will allow the receivers to run two and three routes in one play, that's another element to his game,

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
The reports I heard coming out of Spring camp were favorable in that he showed noticeable improvement in these areas.
Good f***[*] god, man, will you please stop with this bullshit or at least acknowledge that the “reports” of improvement only came after the reporter made an honest assessment that Murray couldn’t hit the ground if he fell out of a tree?

Wasn't talking to you, I was having a grown-up discussion with Blgz Griz. But since you seem to be so concerned about my opinion that Chris is improving as a QB, I could give a shit what Colter says. I am seeing improvement via the Spring game and practices I watched. I was also referring to comments made by coaches, and by some of my friends that watched the Spring scrimmages. Maybe you should sit a couple plays out, and go have a beer to mellow out or something. :thumb:

I hope you're right about the improvements with Murray for the cats sake (ouch that hurt to say) but old habits can be hard to break and I suspect that when it comes to crunch time he reverts.
On another topic, I am tired of hearing Murray beat the Griz in the last two games. First of all he was the QB when the cats won the game.
In both of those games the Griz DC, Jason Semore, beat the Griz. Any OC at any level of football would have watched the Northern Colorado tape and saw the only time NC scored was when the Griz rushed the passer on third and long. That was probably the worst defensive call ever made by a Griz DC.

To say Murray hasn't improved as a passer is simply an untrue. How can one not improve when one was so bad to begin with? I mean look at his stats from his freshman year. The other QB in Bobcat land is a very good passer and now they have a legitimate backup for Murray. One of these days, all that running he does will catch up to him.

Agree with Blgs Griz Fan. Semore didn’t learn to get off the field on 3 and long and even gave up a 70 yard touchdown on something like 3 and 30. As far as Murray is concerned he is a running quarterback who completes a few passes. I’m not saying that’s bad but I like a more balanced approach. I have no idea if he’s “better” passing the ball but some of it has to do with coordination. Someone mentioned that Sneed extends plays,keeps his eyes down field and delivers the ball and from what I’ve seen that’s a good analysis. Murray seems to look for a primary receiver if it’s not there takes off. IMO Bobby will figure a way to minimize Murray’s success, but he will always get his yards. Just to fast!
I’m glad Coach Hauck is back. We will see a completely different brand of football.....
Go Griz!

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
ABQCat said:
PR I don't remember you at the Cat spring games when Bruggman lit it up. I was there. He looked very good. The Sneed/Bruggman comparison is fair until Sneed proves otherwise.

Something happened at UNLV and Sneed left. What was that exactly? Is it something that could make him a risk at um? The elephant in the room that's conveniently not discussed over here is a total lack of depth. There is no question that um is in bad shape at the QB position right now.

Say what you will about Murray, but it cannot be disputed that's he's good enough to go 2-0 against um with one of the wins as a true freshman in Missoula. Impressive. In two games um knew exactly who he was, and knew exactly what he was going to do. um couldn't find an answer.

You should be concerned about your own depth. Holy shit after seeing Rovig in the spring you better pray Murray doesn't get hurt.

Travis Jonsen will be Murray's backup IMO

Based on all those snaps he took in the spring? Oh that's right, he sat out after he hurt his leg slipping on ice. Let's hope he plays football better than he walks in snow.

Yep, unproven. No idea how good he's going to be, but as I said, IMO he will be Murray's backup. Some fans think he can still beat out Murray as the starter even after missing Spring drills. I don't think that will happen. This kid has had a hard time staying healthy but obviously there is big talent there. 4 star recruit, 3rd ranked dual threat QB in the country coming out of high school. Was neck and neck with Herbert for starting QB at Oregon. Injuries have plagued him so we'll see what happens.

poorgriz said:
I could give a shit what Colter says.
Ha! Nice try, troll. You’re so overextended in your trolling that you have forgotten your own prior posts.
A week or so ago you were bragging about how Colter said the WR is showing “substantial improvements” in the passing dept. But now you “could give a shit” what he says because I outed your trolling ways by explaining those comments were made to walk back his earnest opinion when he stated:
Q. What happens when CM tells his receivers a joke?
A. It goes over their head.

poorgriz said:
And as I stated earlier, guys like VIM and Colter and others can break down all the player and position outlook much better than I can.
poorgriz said:
Colter, and others are much better at breaking down the specifics,
poorgriz said:
You can thank Colter for that observation.
poorgriz said:
I think it's funny how some of you are butthurt over Colter's predictions

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
And as I stated earlier, guys like VIM and Colter and others can break down all the player and position outlook much better than I can.
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:

Nice work, Gar.

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:

Nice work, Gar.
:clap: :thumb: :lol:

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:

Wow, you are really worked up over this? I can't tell if it's you or me you're trying to convince that Chris Murray isn't improving at all....... maybe both?

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:

Wow, you are really worked up over this? I can't tell if it's you or me you're trying to convince that Chris Murray isn't improving at all....... maybe both?

Neither. Unlike you, I mean it when I say this: I could give a shit what you think. I don’t care what your opinion is, and I don’t really even have an opinion.
But don’t VIM on us and tell us it’s raining. When the BASIS for someone’s opinion is misleading, I call them on it.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:

Ballgame.

giphy.gif

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:

Neither. Unlike you, I mean it when I say this: I could give a shit what you think. I don’t care what your opinion is, and I don’t really even have an opinion.
But don’t VIM on us and tell us it’s raining. When the BASIS for someone’s opinion is misleading, I call them on it.

I told you it was raining? Maybe partly cloudy.

PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PR I don't remember you at the Cat spring games when Bruggman lit it up. I was there. He looked very good. The Sneed/Bruggman comparison is fair until Sneed proves otherwise.

Something happened at UNLV and Sneed left. What was that exactly? Is it something that could make him a risk at um? The elephant in the room that's conveniently not discussed over here is a total lack of depth. There is no question that um is in bad shape at the QB position right now.

Say what you will about Murray, but it cannot be disputed that's he's good enough to go 2-0 against um with one of the wins as a true freshman in Missoula. Impressive. In two games um knew exactly who he was, and knew exactly what he was going to do. um couldn't find an answer.

Bruggman? Zero relevance.Please don’t waste our time. He has nothing to do with this discussion.

I’d say there is some relevance there.
Both highly touted out of high school, I believe both out of AZ also. Sneed a 3 star, Bruggman a 4 star.
Both went FBS first, in Bruggman’s case two FBS schools, before going to a JUCO for a year, then comes to an FCS school to be the guy and is hand picked by a new coaching staff to be just that.

Bruggmans JUCO stats , the year before being with the Cats:
48.8% completion,1692 yds, 19 TD’s, 7 INT’s, 112.7 eff.
Sneeds JUCO stats:
58.8% completion, 1,257 yds, 7 TD’s, not sure in the other two, probably easy to find, just going off of PR’s post from the first page.

Both came to their new school and looked very good in Spring Ball and had everybody excited that they’d be the answer.

We all saw how Bruggman worked out, even a few games into the season we were still hearing about how good he looked in practice and how it was a matter of time before it showed in a game.

The jury’s out on Sneed at this point.

So besides those points, I guess there is no comparison on the situations between Sneed and Bruggman...

Once again PR, I respect your knowledge on these matters, but I think I’ve yet to see a post from you where you disagree with someone but are able to refrain from calling them stupid or an idiot or something along those lines. These are just discussions and everyone has a point of view, some better than others. But not everyone is stupid if they don’t see it your way.

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

Bruggman? Zero relevance.Please don’t waste our time. He has nothing to do with this discussion.

Both highly touted out of high school, I believe both out of AZ also. Sneed a 3 star, Bruggman a 4 star.
Both went FBS first, in Bruggman’s case two FBS schools, before going to a JUCO for a year, then comes to an FCS school to be the guy and is hand picked by a new coaching staff to be just that.

Sneeds JUCO stats:
58.8% completion, 1,257 yds, 7 TD’s, not sure in the other two, probably easy to find, just going off of PR’s post from the first page.

Both came to their new school and looked very good in Spring Ball and had everybody excited that they’d be the answer.

We all saw how Bruggman worked out, even a few games into the season we were still hearing about how good he looked in practice and how it was a matter of time before it showed in a game.

So besides those points, I guess there is no comparison on the situations between Sneed and Bruggman...

Once again PR, I respect your knowledge on these matters, but I think I’ve yet to see a post from you where you disagree with someone but are able to refrain from calling them stupid or an idiot or something along those lines. These are just discussions and everyone has a point of view, some better than others. But not everyone is stupid if they don’t see it your way.

Ballgame.

giphy.gif

So it seems that the conclusion drawn is of the three the wide receiver playing qb(Murray)is in fact the lesser of the three.... :coffee:

VimSince03 said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

I told you it was raining? Maybe partly cloudy.
No, sorry for the confusion. When referring to you, I generally reserve only the high-brow monikers, like SpendAPennySince03.

BTW, I’m still waiting on your analysis of which team has the most “obvious holes” in their roster. You should start a thread! What could possibly go wrong with that?

To me, the team with its best WR playing QB, no legit, actual WRs, and no legit pass rusher has more holes than the team that is inexperienced at CB and some OL

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:

Sneeds JUCO stats:

Again, no comparison. Sneed was recruited by Hauck out of high school. He was recruited for the same or similar offense that UM/Rosie have now. Hauck knows and has followed Sneed. Sneed performed very well in spring practice and the spring game. He fits the offense. He has the support of the rest of the team, I am told by the parent of a starter on offense.

Whether I disagree or agree with someone has nothing to do with whether I think or say that someone is stupid or an idiot. I base that type of comment on current and past posting of the poster. Some people are stupid and/or idiots. Some are not. I don't suffer fools. I post directly. Mosts of my posts disagreeing with someone don't in fact have any comment about the posting being stupid or an idiot.

At some point in the future, I'd be happy to explain why I think certain posters are stupid or an idiot. The stupid comment refers to being unknowledgeable about football, but trying to post like they know something about the game.

garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:
poorgriz said:

I'll admit I probably phrased that wrong and it isn't accurate to say I "Could give a shit" about what Colter says. What I should have said is, I put more stock in what I've seen personally, what some of my friends have told me, and what the coaches have said about CM's development.

“I can see a level of leadership that I haven’t seen up to this point from Chris in terms of taking charge and saying ‘this is when we’re going to throw, this is when we’re going to get together.”

Choate was impressed with the continued development of Murray, who enters his third season entrenched as the team's starting quarterback. "Chris is a pretty good player, he's able to make some things happen with the ball in his hands, but I also thought he pushed the ball down the field vertically. He had a couple drops, but I thought the ball was in good spots. I'm very pleased with what he did."

MSU's pass game was productive "The one thing I was pleased with was that Chris in particular didn't force the ball," Choate said, adding that Murray's physical improvements have transferred to the field. "Chris is stronger, and I think that's noticeable. He is pushing the ball more, he's got more velocity on his throws, and I really was pleased with his poise and the way we've run the offense.”

Latest posts

Back