• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sneed/Murray.

garizzalies said:
VimSince03 said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:
Wow, you are really worked up over this? I can't tell if it's you or me you're trying to convince that Chris Murray isn't improving at all....... maybe both?

Neither. Unlike you, I mean it when I say this: I could give a shit what you think. I don’t care what your opinion is, and I don’t really even have an opinion.
But don’t VIM on us and tell us it’s raining. When the BASIS for someone’s opinion is misleading, I call them on it.

I told you it was raining? Maybe partly cloudy.
No, sorry for the confusion. When referring to you, I generally reserve only the high-brow monikers, like SpendAPennySince03.

BTW, I’m still waiting on your analysis of which team has the most “obvious holes” in their roster. You should start a thread! What could possibly go wrong with that?

To me, the team with its best WR playing QB, no legit, actual WRs, and no legit pass rusher has more holes than the team that is inexperienced at CB and some OL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

poorgriz said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

Wow, you are really worked up over this? I can't tell if it's you or me you're trying to convince that Chris Murray isn't improving at all....... maybe both?

Neither. Unlike you, I mean it when I say this: I could give a shit what you think. I don’t care what your opinion is, and I don’t really even have an opinion.
But don’t VIM on us and tell us it’s raining. When the BASIS for someone’s opinion is misleading, I call them on it.

I'll admit I probably phrased that wrong and it isn't accurate to say I "Could give a shit" about what Colter says. What I should have said is, I put more stock in what I've seen personally, what some of my friends have told me, and what the coaches have said about CM's development.

“I can see a level of leadership that I haven’t seen up to this point from Chris in terms of taking charge and saying ‘this is when we’re going to throw, this is when we’re going to get together.”

Choate was impressed with the continued development of Murray, who enters his third season entrenched as the team's starting quarterback. "Chris is a pretty good player, he's able to make some things happen with the ball in his hands, but I also thought he pushed the ball down the field vertically. He had a couple drops, but I thought the ball was in good spots. I'm very pleased with what he did."

MSU's pass game was productive "The one thing I was pleased with was that Chris in particular didn't force the ball," Choate said, adding that Murray's physical improvements have transferred to the field. "Chris is stronger, and I think that's noticeable. He is pushing the ball more, he's got more velocity on his throws, and I really was pleased with his poise and the way we've run the offense.”

Yes, a way better and more informational post. Thx.

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PR I don't remember you at the Cat spring games when Bruggman lit it up. I was there. He looked very good. The Sneed/Bruggman comparison is fair until Sneed proves otherwise.

Something happened at UNLV and Sneed left. What was that exactly? Is it something that could make him a risk at um? The elephant in the room that's conveniently not discussed over here is a total lack of depth. There is no question that um is in bad shape at the QB position right now.

Say what you will about Murray, but it cannot be disputed that's he's good enough to go 2-0 against um with one of the wins as a true freshman in Missoula. Impressive. In two games um knew exactly who he was, and knew exactly what he was going to do. um couldn't find an answer.

Bruggman? Zero relevance.Please don’t waste our time. He has nothing to do with this discussion.

I’d say there is some relevance there.
Both highly touted out of high school, I believe both out of AZ also. Sneed a 3 star, Bruggman a 4 star.
Both went FBS first, in Bruggman’s case two FBS schools, before going to a JUCO for a year, then comes to an FCS school to be the guy and is hand picked by a new coaching staff to be just that.

Bruggmans JUCO stats , the year before being with the Cats:
48.8% completion,1692 yds, 19 TD’s, 7 INT’s, 112.7 eff.
Sneeds JUCO stats:
58.8% completion, 1,257 yds, 7 TD’s, not sure in the other two, probably easy to find, just going off of PR’s post from the first page.

Both came to their new school and looked very good in Spring Ball and had everybody excited that they’d be the answer.

We all saw how Bruggman worked out, even a few games into the season we were still hearing about how good he looked in practice and how it was a matter of time before it showed in a game.

The jury’s out on Sneed at this point.

So besides those points, I guess there is no comparison on the situations between Sneed and Bruggman...

Once again PR, I respect your knowledge on these matters, but I think I’ve yet to see a post from you where you disagree with someone but are able to refrain from calling them stupid or an idiot or something along those lines. These are just discussions and everyone has a point of view, some better than others. But not everyone is stupid if they don’t see it your way.

Again, no comparison. Sneed was recruited by Hauck out of high school. He was recruited for the same or similar offense that UM/Rosie have now. Hauck knows and has followed Sneed. Sneed performed very well in spring practice and the spring game.

Choate was a part of the Washington State staff when Bruggman was recruited out of high school. So he was also familiar with Bruggman. And as it’s been pointed out, Bruggman also performed well in Spring ball, spring scrimmage, fall camp as well as weekly practices once the season had already started. But it didn’t translate to games.

I’m not saying that’ll happen to Sneed, he may come in and Do very well, but to ignore the similarities between the two, up to this point, is naive.

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
ABQCat said:
PR I don't remember you at the Cat spring games when Bruggman lit it up. I was there. He looked very good. The Sneed/Bruggman comparison is fair until Sneed proves otherwise.

Something happened at UNLV and Sneed left. What was that exactly? Is it something that could make him a risk at um? The elephant in the room that's conveniently not discussed over here is a total lack of depth. There is no question that um is in bad shape at the QB position right now.

Say what you will about Murray, but it cannot be disputed that's he's good enough to go 2-0 against um with one of the wins as a true freshman in Missoula. Impressive. In two games um knew exactly who he was, and knew exactly what he was going to do. um couldn't find an answer.

Bruggman? Zero relevance.Please don’t waste our time. He has nothing to do with this discussion.

Both highly touted out of high school, I believe both out of AZ also. Sneed a 3 star, Bruggman a 4 star.
Both went FBS first, in Bruggman’s case two FBS schools, before going to a JUCO for a year, then comes to an FCS school to be the guy and is hand picked by a new coaching staff to be just that.

Sneeds JUCO stats:
58.8% completion, 1,257 yds, 7 TD’s, not sure in the other two, probably easy to find, just going off of PR’s post from the first page.

Both came to their new school and looked very good in Spring Ball and had everybody excited that they’d be the answer.

We all saw how Bruggman worked out, even a few games into the season we were still hearing about how good he looked in practice and how it was a matter of time before it showed in a game.

So besides those points, I guess there is no comparison on the situations between Sneed and Bruggman...

Once again PR, I respect your knowledge on these matters, but I think I’ve yet to see a post from you where you disagree with someone but are able to refrain from calling them stupid or an idiot or something along those lines. These are just discussions and everyone has a point of view, some better than others. But not everyone is stupid if they don’t see it your way.

Just an observation but doesn't it seem like Cat fans just love stats from 1, 2 or 3 years ago that have absolutely no relevance today? Past season stats, close loss stats, most Montana kids on the roster stats, new recruit stats and Preseason Poll rankings......for some reason all very critical to understanding the game in Bozeman.

Off topic but anyone watching the Celtics/Cavs series? Lebron has amazing "stats" (21 in the first quarter then 21 in the final 3 quarters 42 for the game)... but Marques Smart stole a pass from him late in first half to trigger an important run and tipped one in while LeBron and others watched and didn't block him out at a critical moment in the 3rd quarter. In my opinion Smart has better stats than Lebron in the series, 2 - 0.

Murray's best 2 "stats" of his career are his two wins over "UM". The "W" is the most important stat in sports.

garizzalies said:
VimSince03 said:
garizzalies said:
poorgriz said:

I told you it was raining? Maybe partly cloudy.
No, sorry for the confusion. When referring to you, I generally reserve only the high-brow monikers, like SpendAPennySince03.

BTW, I’m still waiting on your analysis of which team has the most “obvious holes” in their roster. You should start a thread! What could possibly go wrong with that?

To me, the team with its best WR playing QB, no legit, actual WRs, and no legit pass rusher has more holes than the team that is inexperienced at CB and some OL

I would say Murray is probably the best runner, not receiver. Kevin Kassis is a legit WR. Upgraded the pass rush department in the offseason. I also never said the Bobcats have less weaknesses than the Grizzlies. I just said the Grizzlies have obvious holes but usually enough groupthink in the offseason leads many fans to believe every position is pretty much rock solid (more of a joke than actual fact...its a message board in the offseason after all).

I'll PM you my analysis but here is how I would rank the offensive and defensive positions groups from strongest to weakest:

1) WR
2) TE
3) RB
4) QB
5) OL

1) LB
2) DE
3) S
4) DT
5) CB

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:

Sneeds JUCO stats:

Again, no comparison. Sneed was recruited by Hauck out of high school. He was recruited for the same or similar offense that UM/Rosie have now. Hauck knows and has followed Sneed. Sneed performed very well in spring practice and the spring game.

Choate was a part of the Washington State staff when Bruggman was recruited out of high school. So he was also familiar with Bruggman. And as it’s been pointed out, Bruggman also performed well in Spring ball, spring scrimmage, fall camp as well as weekly practices once the season had already started. But it didn’t translate to games.

I’m not saying that’ll happen to Sneed, he may come in and Do very well, but to ignore the similarities between the two, up to this point, is naive.

Choate was at WSU in 2012. Bruggman redshirted at WSU in 2013, so much have been signed in 2013. Choate was a defensive coach. He would have had nothing to do with recruiting a QB. Choate certainly didn't recruit Bruggman to WSU for Choate's offense, as he didn't have an offense then or coach offense. Bruggman didn't start 7 games on WSU his redshirt frosh year, as Sneed had done at UNLV. Bruggman got beat out by a walk on, I believe, and transferred to Louisville, where he sat out the year. Then to a JC. Then to MSU for 1 year. Sorry, just don't see the similarities, except they both played JC ball as sophomores.

To say there are relevant similarities is naive, and stupid. If Bruggman started 7 or more games at WSU, let me know. If the Cats had the same offense in 2016 as WSU, let me know. If Sneed went to 3 colleges to play football before he came to UM, let me know.

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:

Sneeds JUCO stats:

Choate was at WSU in 2012. Bruggman redshirted at WSU in 2013, so much have been signed in 2013. Choate was a defensive coach. He would have had nothing to do with recruiting a QB. Choate certainly didn't recruit Bruggman to WSU for Choate's offense, as he didn't have an offense then or coach offense. Bruggman didn't start 7 games on WSU his redshirt frosh year, as Sneed had done at UNLV. Bruggman got beat out by a walk on, I believe, and transferred to Louisville, where he sat out the year. Then to a JC. Then to MSU for 1 year. Sorry, just don't see the similarities, except they both played JC ball as sophomores.

To say there are relevant similarities is naive, and stupid. If Bruggman started 7 or more games at WSU, let me know. If the Cats had the same offense in 2016 as WSU, let me know. If Sneed went to 3 colleges to play football before he came to UM, let me know.

I did not say anything about Bruggman playing in “Choates offense” or that Choate was his direct position coach or even an offensive coach. I said he was a part of the coaching staff that recruited Bruggman out of high school so there is some familiarity there.

https://skylinesportsmt.com/national-signing-day-qb-tyler-bruggman/

So how again is that entirely different than Hauck recruiting Sneed and then leaving before he was able to coach him, only to do it now a few years later at a different school?

I’m not trying to say they are similar players or that the outcome will be the same, I’m saying the situation is similar in how they ended up where they are with 2 years left to play. Exact same? Of course not. Similar and relevant to the point that was being made? Yes.

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:

I did not say anything about Bruggman playing in “Choates offense” or that Choate was his direct position coach or even an offensive coach. I said he was a part of the coaching staff that recruited Bruggman out of high school so there is some familiarity there.

So how again is that entirely different than Hauck recruiting Sneed and then leaving before he was able to coach him, only to do it now a few years later at a different school?

I’m not trying to say they are similar players or that the outcome will be the same, I’m saying the situation is similar in how they ended up where they are with 2 years left to play. Exact same? Of course not. Similar and relevant to the point that was being made? Yes.

And what I was pointing out was that the fact that Choate may have been a defensive coach at WSU for part of the time that the WSU offensive coaches were recruiting Bruggman, was completely irrelevant. You are so football dumb that you apparently don't even know that.

Because Hauck actually was the one recruiting Sneed, and recruited him for his offense. And obviously kept in touch with him. Are you so football dumb that you can't see that a head coach who recruits a specific qb or his offense, may want to recruit the same kid again?

The situation is not the same. The only similarity is that they were good high school b's, recruited to FBS schools, who went there for 2 and 1 years (Sneed played Bruggman didn't), both played their 2d years at JC's, and both went to FCS schools.

One was very unsuccessful at his FCS school. Anyone watching him play for MSU should have known immediately why he didn't get on the field on WSU. The guy didn't not have the right stuff.

One will be successful at his FCS school.

Do you pick your beer by the color of the can? Please stop embarrassing yourself.

PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:

And what I was pointing out was that the fact that Choate may have been a defensive coach at WSU for part of the time that the WSU offensive coaches were recruiting Bruggman, was completely irrelevant. You are so football dumb that you apparently don't even know that.

Because Hauck actually was the one recruiting Sneed, and recruited him for his offense. And obviously kept in touch with him. Are you so football dumb that you can't see that a head coach who recruits a specific qb or his offense, may want to recruit the same kid again?

The situation is not the same. The only similarity is that they were good high school b's, recruited to FBS schools, who went there for 2 and 1 years (Sneed played Bruggman didn't), both played their 2d years at JC's, and both went to FCS schools.

One was very unsuccessful at his FCS school. Anyone watching him play for MSU should have known immediately why he didn't get on the field on WSU. The guy didn't not have the right stuff.

Do you pick your beer by the color of the can? Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Haha. Wow. That’s all I can say to that.

Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:

PR has a scorched earth policy when it comes to his replies. I may not always agree with him, but that's his style.... :fuel:

MTGRZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:
Catsrgrood said:

PR has a scorched earth policy when it comes to his replies. I may not always agree with him, but that's his style.... :fuel:

Scorched earth for dumb Bobcat posters.

Late to the party, here. Are we trying to draw comparisons between a guy who didn't beat out Chris Murray and QB1 for the Griz? Sorry if I don't know the Brungam story. Honest question.

This is my last post on the subject, I’ve aready gone on longer than I like. I don’t like to get sucked into this bs, PR just doesn’t give it a rest and makes it hard not to argue with.
PR, I can tell you think you won the argument. I think the case here, as it usually is, you have your opinion, if someone doesnt agree then they’re an idiot and then you just out-asshole the other person until they don’t post anymore on the subject.

To each his own I suppose. Keep doing your thing PR.

Catsrgrood said:
This is my last post on the subject, I’ve aready gone on longer than I like. I don’t like to get sucked into this bs, PR just doesn’t give it a rest and makes it hard not to argue with.
PR, I can tell you think you won the argument. I think the case here, as it usually is, you have your opinion, if someone doesnt agree then they’re an idiot and then you just out-asshole the other person until they don’t post anymore on the subject.

I know that I "won" the discussion. I knew I would from the first time I looked at your post(s). You had an opinion, which was wrong. It was a very weak argument, and I knew you couldn't back it up with facts or credible arguments. On all of the meaningful points, there were no similarities. Hauck recruited Sneed for his offense. Choate didn't recruit Bruggman, nor for his offense. Sneed started 7 games at UNLV as a frosh. Bruggman never got into a game at WSU. Yes, both went to a JC. So what? Bruggman got beat our by a true frosh at MSU. Sneed beat out a starter at UM in spring ball.

When you were getting outsmarted in this discussion, you started whining about me being to mean to you. You couldn't just admit that most of your point wasn't valid. Yes, I agree that both players played high school in AZ.

HookedonGriz said:
I'll go on record to say Sneed "looked" like a huge upgrade in passing over Murray....but it was a spring scrimmage against a mixed defense and a lot of 2nd teamers ....so until he shows me he's a gamer and can do that in an actual gsme I'll reserve judgement. His college and JUCO stats are not good IMO. I'm hopeful that he thrives in this system with the stud receivers and has a newcomer of the Year type of season.

Sneed did publicly say that this is the best group of receivers he's ever had, so that is promising. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
Montanabob said:
You are misinformed on MSU OL and passing.
OL is all Big Sky this fall and Deep. Will run for over 250 a game and pass for another 200.

state ag has ONE receiver with more than three catches coming into 2018.

Holy shit.

Ha, that made me laugh. No kidding though. Plus they were dead last in the BSC in passing last season if you take out triple option Cal Poly. Their passing game is a mess. Murray is losing his training wheels though, could/should be better. Yikes.

Cat receiving hopefuls in 2018:

tumblr_inline_nksv9ahaBD1t7oi6g.gif

CDAGRIZ said:
Late to the party, here. Are we trying to draw comparisons between a guy who didn't beat out Chris Murray and QB1 for the Griz? Sorry if I don't know the Brungam story. Honest question.

Not essentially. Apparently the beer you like should be in a can with colors that you dislike. If you happen to like a beer in a can adorned with colors you also like, obviously you've never played the game.

If you drink bottled or tap beer exclusively, oh boy I don't know what to tell you.

You're welcome.

PlayerRep said:
MTGRZ said:
Catsrgrood said:
PlayerRep said:

Scorched earth for dumb Bobcat posters.
"dumb Bobcat poster." could that be a redundant statement?

Catsrgrood said:

All stats, style aside Murray has beaten our Griz twice. It may not have been pretty at times but a W looms large. Sneed has yet to do anything. We’ll see where all stands a few games in early fall.

Back