• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz game on tv

http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/event.aspx?e=215&m=18#

http://www.ktvq.com/Global/story.asp?S=10772297

Montana's News Station to carry ALL Grizzly football games

Once again, every game of the 2009 Montana Grizzly Football season will be seen live across the state on Montana's News Station and CW Montana. In addition, GrizCentral.com will feature replays of select games on Grizzly Rewind along with The Bobby Hauck Show, several Griz features, and daily coverage of the team.
The season opens on CW Montana when the Grizzlies host Western State. The broadcast schedule also includes all eight Big Sky Conference games, Montana's homecoming game against Cal Poly, and the annual D.A. Davidson Big Sky Classic featuring Montana and Montana State.

"We are very thankful to Bob Hermes and KPAX Television for their continued commitments to Montana Grizzly football. It is very unique in today's ever-changing economy to have a Division I football team that has all of its games televised - both home and away. We are among the small minority who are so fortunate. This will also allow our fans across the country to pick up all 11 games via satellite, as well as all of our fans in Montana."

KPAX General Manager and President Bob Hermes serves as executive producer for the telecasts. He said, "Our station group is proud to deliver the excitement of the Grizzlies to homes across the state whether the team is playing in the friendly confines of Washington-Grizzly Stadium or on the road. These games are part of our commitment to provide local programming to viewers from our award-winning news coverage to production of sports events."

KPAX Sports Director Phil Buck returns for his third season of calling all the games. Former Griz quarterbacks Grady Bennett and John Edwards provide color commentary throughout the season. During home games, KPAX Weekend Sports Anchor Derek Buerkle reports from the sidelines with the University of Montana's Dave Guffy providing sideline updates during away games. Veteran producer-director Greg Heintzman returns for his 16th season of coordinating each week's telecast in tandem with the KPAX Production Department of Dave McLean, Dave Pleasant, Jim Sanders, and Carrie Butler.

Montana's News Station affiliates are seen throughout the entire state in every major Montana television market. Those stations include:

KPAX-8.1 Missoula
KAJ-18 Kalispell
KTVQ-2.1 Billings
KBZK-7.1 Bozeman
KXLF-4.1 Butte
KRTV-3.1 Great Falls
KXLH-25 Helena
KXGN-5.1 Glendive
CW Montana, the digital companion to Montana's News Station, is also available in several Montana communities. It can be seen for free over the air on:

KPAX-8.2 Missoula
KTVQ-2.2 Billings
KBZK-7.2 Bozeman
KXLF-4.2 Butte
KRTV-3.2 Great Falls
The CW Montana signal is also available on Dish Network, DirecTV, and several cable systems. A complete list of CW Montana availability can be found at http://www.cwmontana.com.

The entire 2009 schedule is as follows:

September 5, 2009: Western State vs. Montana; 1:00 pm - CW Montana
September 12, 2009: Montana vs. UC Davis; 8:00 pm - CW Montana
September 19, 2009: Portland State vs. Montana; 1:00 pm - Montana's News Station
September 26, 2009: Montana vs. Northern Arizona; 4:00 pm - Montana's News Station
October 10, 2009: Cal Poly vs. Montana; 1:00 pm - CW Montana
October 17, 2009: Eastern Washington vs. Montana; 1:00 pm - Montana's News Station
October 24, 2009: Montana vs. Sacramento State; 3:00 pm - Montana's News Station
October 31, 2009: Weber State vs. Montana; 1:00 pm - Montana's News Station
November 7, 2009: Montana vs. Idaho State; 3:30 pm - Montana's News Station
November 14, 2009: Northern Colorado vs. Montana; 12:00 pm - CW Montana
November 21, 2009: Montana vs. Montana State; 12:00 pm - D.A. Davidson Big Sky Classic Montana's News Station

Does anyone know if I can get the game via Direct TV in Ft. Collins/Denver area. I am going to watch the CU vs. CSU game. We have a motorhome with direct TV. Someone please help.

teames said:
Does anyone know if I can get the game via Direct TV in Ft. Collins/Denver area. I am going to watch the CU vs. CSU game. We have a motorhome with direct TV. Someone please help.

You will not find the Griz game on Direct TV. Also, you do know that the CU-CSU game is on Sunday?

Anybody know of any bars in Flagstaff that show Griz games? I know, I know...it's a strange request, but I'm going up to Flag for Labor Day weekend, and can't take my normal seat at Dukes Bar & Grill in Scottsdale.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

grizindabox said:
teames said:

You will not find the Griz game on Direct TV. Also, you do know that the CU-CSU game is on Sunday?

Yeah, I know the game is on Sunday. But I will be in Colorado on Saturday too.

The "CW" (Can't Watch) can toss my salad.

that is unless, of course, KPAX has figured out a way for the half of the state that's not in one of MT's "major" (using term loosely) markets to watch.....

yellowstone60 said:
heightsgriz said:
Anyone have any idea if we can see the game on the CW channel in Billings? Or anywhere else? The Bresnan channel listing doesn't show it. I'd much rather watch it at home comfortably burried in my couch than in a bar where I can't hear the commentary.
If nothing else, you can always log on to;
http://www.bigskyconf.com/News/football/2009/9/4/WTW9409.asp?path=football
Bump

Back