• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Bar in Phoenix or Scottsdale?

GottaluvGriz

DONOR
Does anyone know of a good Griz Bar in the Phoenix or Scottsdale area? My family and I will be there over the Griz/Cat Week-end.

there is actually a few places in the Phoenix metro area to watch the game.

In Scottsdale there is Dukes, corner of Miller and MCDowell, there is usually a big crowd there so showing up early is recommended.
In Mesa there is RTO sullivans, not sure on the location since I have never been there, but I'm sure someone will jump in with it....

and In North Phoenix there is McDuffys, again never personally there so not sure on the location or how the crowd is.

Phoenix Venues for the Griz-Cat Game

Duke's and RT O'Sullivan's are about 5 miles apart and on the same side of the city: east. McDuffy's I can't vouch for if they still do the game. They are on the west side and contact them if you want to try to go there.

Duke's gets about 300 at the game. This is the only official Bobcat location, so there is a lot of MSU fans there. Doors don't open until 11:00 and the place is filled by 11:15, so get in line outside, and early.

RT O'Sullivan's got 120 for last year's game with the majority Griz fans. They open at 9:00 with no rush.

Both places will have rosters, programs, etc.

RT O'Sullivan's
1010 West Southern Avenue, Mesa
480-844-1290
1. Take the 101 south to the 60.
2. Go east on the 60.
3. Exit at the first exit, Alma School.
4. Go north to Southern. RTO's is in the plaza on the northeast corner, on the east side, right on Southern at the next light east of Alma School (at Westwood).

Duke's
7607 E. McDowell Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(Southeast corner of Miller & McDowell)
480-675-9724

I haven't been to RTO but I do go down to Dukes most weekends during the season. Last year they had to cut back on the crowd a bit because some of the other tenats in the strip mall complained to the Scottsdale Fire Department that he was over occupancy so he had to be pretty strict with the number in the bar because Al the owner new he was getting a visit. Because of this they gave people different colored wrist bands and let people enter in groups according to the wrist band. I got there about 10 last year and I was in the last group to get in so you definetly want to get there early. For the people that couldn't get in Al called up his buddy that ows a bar named Flickas on Thomas and Scottsdale (which is pretty close if you aren't familiar with the valley) and had them put the game on so people weren't left completly out in the cold. I have watched all of the Cat Griz games there for the last 8 or so years and it is always a blast and while there is Cat fans there the Griz faithful outnumber them by a wide margin.

Perfect!
Great information.
I was telling my brother, former Utah Grad, that we will be watching the Griz in Phoenix for the Griz/Bobcat game and he was totally in awe of the following the Griz have. He said that there is Griz wear all over Salt Lake City.
Go Griz!!!

I will be in Phoenix for this coming playoff game anybody have a pick of best place to go out of those mentioned here?

Mc Duffy's has a large following in Peoria, enjoy the game!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=mcduffy's+peoria+az&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.610437,65.566406&ie=UTF8&hq=mcduffy's&hnear=Peoria,+AZ&ll=33.643063,-112.216415&spn=0.066881,0.128059&t=h&z=13&iwloc=A&cid=12929333203572898547>

As friends have told me get there early as the place gets full and Griz fans have one end of the place all to themselves with new TVs big screen etc. Good place!

Most Griz fans in the Phoenix area go to the place that's handy. I've been to them all and all are good places to see the games.

WEST SIDE: I watched a Griz game at Peoria McDuffy's this year (my daughter had a basketball game on that side of town). It was a good time. Saw my Mom's cousin and some old friends. Out of 50 people, I was the fourth youngest (I'm not "young"). They had about 70 or so last weekend. One bartender I think is from Missoula (not sure her name). Dave from Circle, MT coordinates things.

EAST SIDE, WEST MESA: RTO's had about 90 Griz fans, some of whom watched the Appy-Richmond game later. Waitress wears a Griz tank top and sometimes parties with us later; other waitresses sometimes too. Selle's grandparents attend there. Only place in town now with weekly "game programs." Roy from North Dakota is the manager.

EAST SIDE, SOUTH SCOTTSDALE: Duke's is a stalwart. Al from Butte is the owner.

Back